+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR for New born baby from India

srujanakatla

Jun 24, 2015
Hi,

Could any one please suggest me the processing time and process of applying the PR for New born baby from India. Me and my husband currently holds Canada PR. We are expecting a baby soon and planning to deliver in India. As soon as baby is born we are expecting to apply PR for the baby to bring baby to Canada.

Some one please advice us. Let us know the complete processing time. Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
One of you must be in Canada in order to apply for the baby's PR - you cannot apply from India.

One of you could travel to Canada first and submit the application (that person will have to remain in Canada while the application is being processed). If you would prefer to travel as a family - then you will need to apply for a TRV for your baby to bring your baby to Canada and apply from within Canada. There's a chance the TRV will be refused - if it's refused, then you can apply for a TRP for the baby. If that is refused as well - then one of you will in fact have to travel to Canada ahead of the rest of the family to submit the application.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
scylla said:
One of you must be in Canada in order to apply for the baby's PR - you cannot apply from India.

One of you could travel to Canada first and submit the application (that person will have to remain in Canada while the application is being processed). If you would prefer to travel as a family - then you will need to apply for a TRV for your baby to bring your baby to Canada and apply from within Canada. There's a chance the TRV will be refused - if it's refused, then you can apply for a TRP for the baby. If that is refused as well - then one of you will in fact have to travel to Canada ahead of the rest of the family to submit the application.
Syclla, how important is residency obligation in the case you mentioned above. I am badly stuck in this situation.

you can refer my time line. I m in India now, after short landing from 18 Apr to 27 Apr 2015. My wife is pregnant and due date is Jan and feb 2016.
if i go by your post, it seems easy, that After delivery i fly to Canada apply TRV or TRp and apply for PR. It sounds like sponsdorship and for sponsorship (just heard) one has to fulfil residency obligation. Now in my case if you can guide what exactly i can do.

I m in job india and for health benefits to be covered we need time too. What can be the best plan for me.

Hope you understand my situation. I am eager to land in Toronto.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
papmanindia said:
Syclla, how important is residency obligation in the case you mentioned above. I am badly stuck in this situation.

you can refer my time line. I m in India now, after short landing from 18 Apr to 27 Apr 2015. My wife is pregnant and due date is Jan and feb 2016.
if i go by your post, it seems easy, that After delivery i fly to Canada apply TRV or TRp and apply for PR. It sounds like sponsdorship and for sponsorship (just heard) one has to fulfil residency obligation. Now in my case if you can guide what exactly i can do.

I m in job india and for health benefits to be covered we need time too. What can be the best plan for me.

Hope you understand my situation. I am eager to land in Toronto.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards
You have no issues with RO as you just landed in April 2015. You will not be in violation of the RO until you've been outside Canada 3 years, so until April 2018 you fully meet the RO.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Rob_TO said:
You have no issues with RO as you just landed in April 2015. You will not be in violation of the RO until you've been outside Canada 3 years, so until April 2018 you fully meet the RO.
Thanks ROB,

but for sponsoring a new born baby in 2016, I need to land in Canada. I cannot apply for sponsorship straight away after landing. I will be able to apply only in 2018. Please correct my understanding.

So for this purpose I m asking whether i need to fulfil RO first and then apply for sponsorship.

Hope i am able to clear my my query.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
papmanindia said:
Thanks ROB,

but for sponsoring a new born baby in 2016, I need to land in Canada. I cannot apply for sponsorship straight away after landing. I will be able to apply only in 2018. Please correct my understanding.

So for this purpose I m asking whether i need to fulfil RO first and then apply for sponsorship.

Hope i am able to clear my my query.
No, you have already landed as PR on April 18, 2015. You can't land a 2nd time. Doesn't matter if you stayed here 1 day or 1 year. You have no issues with RO so don't even need to think about it.

Once you return to Canada, you can simply apply for PR for your baby.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Rob_TO said:
No, you have already landed as PR on April 18, 2015. You can't land a 2nd time. Doesn't matter if you stayed here 1 day or 1 year. You have no issues with RO so don't even need to think about it.

Once you return to Canada, you can simply apply for PR for your baby.
Hi Rob, thanks for these golden words,

above thought process came from this link.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/having-a-new-born-baby-outside-canada-t203472.0.html

please verify my understanding.

regards

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
papmanindia said:
Hi Rob, thanks for these golden words,

above thought process came from this link.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/having-a-new-born-baby-outside-canada-t203472.0.html

please verify my understanding.

regards
That is for someone who got PR a long time ago so they do have to watch out for RO. Since you just got PR, that thread and the RO is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO YOU. You don't need to worry about RO until minimum of 3 years after you land as a PR. Before then, every PR is automatically in compliance with the RO by default.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Rob_TO said:
That is for someone who got PR a long time ago so they do have to watch out for RO. Since you just got PR, that thread and the RO is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO YOU. You don't need to worry about RO until minimum of 3 years after you land as a PR. Before then, every PR is automatically in compliance with the RO by default.
Thanks RO, actually i misunderstood LEON statement. it says that one should have unexpired 730 days in your first 5 years, to get eligible for sponsor your child. He did not mean that one should stay for 730 days and then apply for RO.

LEON STATMENT
"1. If you really got PR in 2011, you still have time to meet the RO. Apply for a TRV for your child. If refused, apply for a TRP which is basically a TRV with H&C grounds. You would state that it would be hardship on your family to be separated while you sponsor your child and therefore you must get this visa. Even if the child's application is delayed, make sure you return to Canada in time to meet the RO (before you reach 3 years outside).

2. You should sponsor your child immediately if you are still within the time limits for the RO. If you need more time than 6 months, apply to extend the visa of the child before it expires.

3. If your child gets a visa after your wife has reached more than 3 years outside, she could get lucky and enter Canada without any questions asked in which case, she stays for 2 years without leaving and only then applies to renew the PR card. If she is reported, she can appeal based on having to stay outside Canada with her non-PR child while waiting for a visa. If she loses the appeal, worst case, you can sponsor her again."

so, your assessment is also correct. thanks a ton ROB, you have no idea, how much burden you offloaded from me.

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Guys..Thanks for all your advices. But now the time has come for action.

I am Blessed with twins.

Can anyone please guide the process step by step for taking babies to canada.

Me and my wife are PR card holders (Check my timelines). Currently in India, did short landing before for stamping purpose.

Let me know, if need further info.

fsw_toronto

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
Jul 2015
papmanindia said:
Guys..Thanks for all your advices. But now the time has come for action.

I am Blessed with twins.

Can anyone please guide the process step by step for taking babies to canada.

Me and my wife are PR card holders (Check my timelines). Currently in India, did short landing before for stamping purpose.

Let me know, if need further info.
Hey Buddy - I have sent you a message. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

Apr 25, 2023
Hi,

Could any one please suggest me the processing time and process of applying the PR for New born baby from India. Me and my husband currently hold Canada PR. We are expecting a baby soon and planning to deliver in India. As soon as baby is born we are expecting to apply PR for the baby to bring baby to Canada.
Also, please do share if anyone have been in similar situation earlier, what was the timeline and process.
should we apply TRV or TRP first before PR application?

Some one please advice us. Let us know the complete processing time. Thanks in advance.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi,

Could any one please suggest me the processing time and process of applying the PR for New born baby from India. Me and my husband currently hold Canada PR. We are expecting a baby soon and planning to deliver in India. As soon as baby is born we are expecting to apply PR for the baby to bring baby to Canada.
Also, please do share if anyone have been in similar situation earlier, what was the timeline and process.

I cannot tell you the processing time however the process is still the same. One of you must be back in Canada before you can submit a PR application for your newborn and both of you must also maintain PR residency requirement until the newborn has received PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Processing time is 6-12 months and one parent must be living in Canada and should be compliant with RO to sponsor your child. In most provinces your child will not qualify to apply healthcare until they receive PR.

Apr 25, 2023
I cannot tell you the processing time however the process is still the same. One of you must be back in Canada before you can submit a PR application for your newborn and both of you must also maintain PR residency requirement until the newborn has received PR.
Thank you for your response.
Can we also apply for TRV or TRP visa for baby and bring baby with us and then apply for PR while in Canada?
We wanted to travel back as family.. so seeking all ways possible to do so