+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HOW TO ADD A NEW BORN TO SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY

Prash23

Oct 27, 2017
Hi need urgent help. I had sponsored my wife in Oct 2019 however the application is still pending owing to Covid, meanwhile our son was born. I want to add him to application. Have sent mail via Webform to IRCC 3 times however they seem to be not reading any email and simply sending a generic reply saying "your application is under process".

Finally today I have received the following email from them
--------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

When you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

and

• The add-on requestincluding:
    • your client ID number/UCI,
    • a detailed letter of explanation,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
    • if applicable, the proof of payment.
---------------------------------------------------
Now I have following 2 confusions:

1. Everywhere people have mentioned on forums that they submitted their childs application via webform, whereas the email I received from IRCC talks about sending documents by physical mail. I hope the email IRCC has sent me is for adding a newborn to application is correct. OR should I send documents online.

2. When filling out IMM0008 I have to give Primary applicants detail again and then add my son as dependent in application? OR simply fill IMM0008 using my newborn's details.

Any help is appreciated,
Hi. How did you send the forms? mail or webform? I am in the same situation right now

Var2k

Nov 15, 2021
Hi parsh 23
I filled the webform to add my child in wifes spousal sponsorhip. She recieved email to send amended sponsorship on 23 oct and latter ppr on 1 nov but no mention of child in ppr.
I m confused
Pls help
How to submit amended sponsorship.
Did u recieve any reply

Prash23

Oct 27, 2017
mine is family class. but I am not sure about amended sponsorship. I received the same email from CIC to send the forms and documents
Hi Var2k,

I received the below email from cic the second time i raised a webform regarding the new baby:

When you have a sponsorship application in process, a family member of the person being sponsored could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

and

• your name,
    • your file number,
    • a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
Useful tips

• If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only the add-on request is required.
  • Please ensure to write ADD-ON on the add-on request.
  • If your application is already being processed abroad, you should send a copy of the documents indicated above to the visa office responsible

Prash23

Oct 27, 2017
Hi parsh 23
I filled the webform to add my child in wifes spousal sponsorhip. She recieved email to send amended sponsorship on 23 oct and latter ppr on 1 nov but no mention of child in ppr.
I m confused
Pls help
How to submit amended sponsorship.
Did u recieve any reply
i believe you should send a new form IMM 1344

Var2k

Nov 15, 2021
Thanks, I received this same mail in December and submitted all documents.
I recieved medical request for my child but no medical request for me. My medical expired on 23 feburary.
I have question wether they will extend my medical or ask for remedial.
Waiting for PPR.
Pls guide from your experience.
Regards

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
Thanks, I received this same mail in December and submitted all documents.
I recieved medical request for my child but no medical request for me. My medical expired on 23 feburary.
I have question wether they will extend my medical or ask for remedial.
Waiting for PPR.
Pls guide from your experience.
Regards

Did you get PPR? Whats is your status? I am on same situation and havent had chance to see my child yet

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
Hi need urgent help. I had sponsored my wife in Oct 2019 however the application is still pending owing to Covid, meanwhile our son was born. I want to add him to application. Have sent mail via Webform to IRCC 3 times however they seem to be not reading any email and simply sending a generic reply saying "your application is under process".

Finally today I have received the following email from them
--------------------------------------------------

When you have a permanent residence application in process, a family member could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To add a person to your application, we invite you to complete the following forms and mail them to the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton, Alberta:

and

---------------------------------------------------
Now I have following 2 confusions:

1. Everywhere people have mentioned on forums that they submitted their childs application via webform, whereas the email I received from IRCC talks about sending documents by physical mail. I hope the email IRCC has sent me is for adding a newborn to application is correct. OR should I send documents online.

2. When filling out IMM0008 I have to give Primary applicants detail again and then add my son as dependent in application? OR simply fill IMM0008 using my newborn's details.

Any help is appreciated,
Did you get through? What is your status?

Var2k

Nov 15, 2021
Please guys can you respond to help me understand what to do?
Hi.
Medical of my child has already been done in February 2022. No update since then. Applied in July 2020. PPR received in December. Pls share your timeline. Regards

Var2k

Nov 15, 2021
Timeline is in
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-born-baby-after-getting-copr-and-visa.749990/post-10066832

We were asked for remedical for my wife after they purposely waiting 3 months. Feels like they are doing this on purpose and now if they dont finalize in this month again new born medical will be less than 6 months old. If that is the case I am leaving Canada for good
I really dont understand why they asked for remedical of your wife. Wasn't it valid for one year till july 2022 in your case. Please reply as I am almost same boat.

nickprado

Nov 17, 2021
I really dont understand why they asked for remedical of your wife. Wasn't it valid for one year till july 2022 in your case. Please reply as I am almost same boat.
Like I mentioned they are just playing with our life. My wife finished her medical today now let us see what they do.