+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gss with LMIA approved. Biometrics done on 17th. Timeline?

itsprajkta

Apr 10, 2022
I see, how do you apply for PCC without getting a request from IRCC? Don't we have to show the application number or something for PCC so that we can tell that XYZ country is asking for it so that we can get a PCC for that XYZ country. Without any such request itself we can apply for PCC?

Also , I am guessing since you applied for PCC before submitting the application, you just uploaded them as separate documents in your IRCC portal without being requested for?
Yes we did receive some letter from law firm which we showed for pcc. You are right. We applied for pcc before submitting the application. We did all the process as per third party law firm guidance.

kp03

Jun 3, 2022
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Passport Req..
24-08-2022
I see, how do you apply for PCC without getting a request from IRCC? Don't we have to show the application number or something for PCC so that we can tell that XYZ country is asking for it so that we can get a PCC for that XYZ country. Without any such request itself we can apply for PCC?

Also , I am guessing since you applied for PCC before submitting the application, you just uploaded them as separate documents in your IRCC portal without being requested for?
For me, consulting law firm asked me to do PCC. And I was able to get PCC without any reference documents from IRCC.

In PCC application, they have a section which asks for country name and purpose. I selected country as CANADA and Purpose as IMMEGRATION OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP.

my country INDIA. Applied for PCC via passport office.

PS. It took more than 2 months for me to get my PCC.

May be you should check if generic PCC is available just like what I got. Which states that you are free to leave your country.

kp03

Jun 3, 2022
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Passport Req..
24-08-2022
My update.

Location - Mumbai, India
GTS LMIA Approved Date - Not sure. Law firm received approval. May be in April or May
Medical, PCC - Upfront done
Visa Applied - 26th May, 2022
Biometrics Done - 31th May, 2022
PPR - not received yet
Passport picked up on - waiting
Received Passport - waiting

Reactions: Redash
May 21, 2022
For me, consulting law firm asked me to do PCC. And I was able to get PCC without any reference documents from IRCC.

In PCC application, they have a section which asks for country name and purpose. I selected country as CANADA and Purpose as IMMEGRATION OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP.

my country INDIA. Applied for PCC via passport office.

PS. It took more than 2 months for me to get my PCC.

May be you should check if generic PCC is available just like what I got. Which states that you are free to leave your country.
does the PCC that you received have a validity period?

kp03

Jun 3, 2022
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Passport Req..
24-08-2022
does the PCC that you received have a validity period?
Although expiry date is not mentioned on PCC, It should not be more than 6 month old for India.
Even my UAE PCC does not have any validity mentioned on it.

Here is sample Indian PCC for your reference. pcc.png

Last edited:
May 21, 2022
Although expiry date is not mentioned on PCC, It should not be more than 6 month old for India.
Even my UAE PCC does not have any validity mentioned on it.

Here is sample Indian PCC for your reference. pcc.png
thanks for the sample. the reason I asked regarding the PCC was since you uploaded the PCC upfront without being requested to, and since the current applications (majority) are taking time, if after 6 months IRCC requests for PCC(as it looks like the last step), would the PCC that you submitted 6 months ago suffice or do you have to re apply for PCC again? I am guessing the validity is only for the PCC from the country you are from and not for any other countries.

Also , did you do your UAE PCC recently ? and if so how long did that take? I did check online and it required few biometrics and other stuff which I didn't look much into yet.

kp03

Jun 3, 2022
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-05-2022
Passport Req..
24-08-2022
thanks for the sample. the reason I asked regarding the PCC was since you uploaded the PCC upfront without being requested to, and since the current applications (majority) are taking time, if after 6 months IRCC requests for PCC(as it looks like the last step), would the PCC that you submitted 6 months ago suffice or do you have to re apply for PCC again? I am guessing the validity is only for the PCC from the country you are from and not for any other countries.

Also , did you do your UAE PCC recently ? and if so how long did that take? I did check online and it required few biometrics and other stuff which I didn't look much into yet.
Our attorney told us that, PCC should not be more than 6 month old at the time of submission. When they submitted my application it was just 3 months old.

Regarding UAE PCC, It was simple for me as I had my emirates ID (It was expired/cancelled but still accepted). Because of that, I did not had to submit any biometrics and other stuff. I just filled their online form with my emirates ID details and paid fees. Within 24 hours, I got my PCC.

It was mentioned in the mail that it has validity of 2 months. but certificate did not mention anything. Also my attorney said its fine because I was not going to visit Dubai after acquiring PCC.

Also, you are right in saying this.
I am guessing the validity is only for the PCC from the country you are from and not for any other countries.

Last edited:
May 21, 2022
Regarding UAE PCC, It was simple for me as I had my emirates ID (It was expired/cancelled but still accepted). Because of that, I did not had to submit any biometrics and other stuff. I just filled their online form with my emirates ID details and paid fees. Within 24 hours, I got my PCC.
oh interesting, i have the emirates ID copy but not the card nor is it valid, so then I shall just use this method of getting UAE PCC. thanks buddy

Redash

Jun 11, 2022
This is my 1st post here, and I must say the forum has been really helpful in knowing the process and the general timelines.

My timeline is as below, will update as I get any further update..

Location - New Delhi, India
GTS LMIA Approved Date - 26th May'22 (took 10 working days to get LMIA approved)
Medical, PCC - Upfront
Visa Applied - 2nd June'22
Biometrics Done - 8th June'22
PPR - not received yet

Kathy081021

May 28, 2022
This is my 1st post here, and I must say the forum has been really helpful in knowing the process and the general timelines.

My timeline is as below, will update as I get any further update..

Location - New Delhi, India
GTS LMIA Approved Date - 26th May'22 (took 10 working days to get LMIA approved)
Medical, PCC - Upfront
Visa Applied - 2nd June'22
Biometrics Done - 8th June'22
PPR - not received yet
Waiting since October 2021. No Ppr yet