+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Since I am curious about these third party(ies) that are not exposed in the tracker/GCMS notes/ or even to our MPs, I started tracking posts mentioned waiting further verification/ third party ( which - I strongly believe - not RCMP /CSIS/ or CBSA ) (regardless location Grant DF/ Grant PR status / E-Grant) no one knows who/where is this third party. we couldn't find any any information other than (ICES for those with travel history but I don't think so it's the third party ).
But I believe with more digging I will find out soon.
The post from 2017 seems had same issue related to third party waited for ~4 months. and it mentioned "companies " what company that do security check after CSIS / RCMP checks completed ? interesting ...

---- posts -----

(Myself)
am stuck in Grant DF since 2nd of Nov 2023, previously it was Grant PR status, and I am AOR 2022, Scarborough office, all green since August 2023.
last response from SCR office today morning
" Our records show that one of the mandatory checks that are performed before every step of the application process is still being processed by a third party agency. Until we receive the results from them we are not able to move your application forward"
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/grant-df-club.831045/

Asked the MP office to inquire about my application and they got me the same answer, my application is undergoing further verificaction. the details of the "further verification" is not shared by the IRCC with the MP office. I am not sure what is the average wait time on grant PR status. I have been there since mid sepetember
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/grant-pr-status.824726/post-10771301

My note#1
Text says in French : "‏attente d'une réponse d'un Partenaire‏"
Which means in English:"waiting for a response from a partner"
Thats all the note, and nothing more .
Office: Montreal Citizenship

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/grant-df-club.831045/post-10728255

from 2017

Is anyone else being left frustrated with the CIC's response of "we are still waiting on the security clearance from our third party companies, once your office receives the response, they will make a decision to proceed." Anyone know much about these third party companies??
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/post-7013542
from 2017 ------- update ---
Hi there, i received a decision made today after 123 days since i passed my test. Thanks for not forgetting about me for too long Edmonton! :D

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/post-7167870

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Since I am curious about these third party(ies) that are not exposed in the tracker/GCMS notes/ or even to our MPs, I started tracking posts mentioned waiting further verification/ third party ( which - I strongly believe - not RCMP /CSIS/ or CBSA ) (regardless location Grant DF/ Grant PR status / E-Grant) no one knows who/where is this third party. we couldn't find any any information other than (ICES for those with travel history but I don't think so it's the third party ).
But I believe with more digging I will find out soon.
The post from 2017 seems had same issue related to third party waited for ~4 months. and it mentioned "companies " what company that do security check after CSIS / RCMP checks completed ? interesting ...

---- posts -----
These are very valuable findings. Thank you

Reactions: hemeda2

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Here is one person @Hansanta got oath invitation after E- Grant DF.
Link shows Hansanta E-Grant DF
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2023-citizenship-applications.796192/post-10683644

Link shows Hansanta took oath on Jan 29 2024
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mississauga-citizenship-applicants.531094/post-10739387

As all applicant who were assigned oath date then got cancelled due to administrative error and there Location changed to E Grant Ceremony DF, It seems an auditing to screen all application to find those with administrative errors to fix the administrative errors before proceeding with the review process assigned E Grant DF. If I am correct DF is a section/department to fix the administrative errors.
+ @Supz777

Hey guys, just saw this. I was calling CIC non stop every day to get an update because as we ALL saw that applicants who applied from Sept 2023 and onwards were on the express train to Oath date meanwhile the rest of us were sitting around waiting.

I mentioned in other forums here that I contacted my local MP after all requirements were met and I was waiting for 4 or 5 weeks with ZERO update on the Oath. They helped in getting the oath date scheduled for me and yup I got that done and also applied for the Passport.

However - note this - I'm part of a group application and the second applicant had zero progress until literally March 5th this week the Physical presence was completed but everything else is still in progress!! Contacted local MP again and this case they can't do much we just have to wait.

I don't know what the hell is going on there and who they have hired to do these jobs when the AI is already vetting the online applications but fuck they need to get more ethical people behind those gov't jobs because people like us suffer waiting and we don't know what the codes mean. On that note - did call CIC and they said DF means Decision Finalized which lined up perfectly with all my requirements being met 2 days later.

Last edited:

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
+ @Supz777

Hey guys, just saw this. I was calling CIC non stop every day to get an update because as we ALL saw that applicants who applied from Sept 2023 and onwards were on the express train to Oath date meanwhile the rest of us were sitting around waiting.

I mentioned in other forums here that I contacted my local MP after all requirements were met and I was sitting on week 4 or 5 i think with ZERO update on the Oath. They helped in getting the oath date scheduled for me and yup I got that done and also applied for the Passport.

However - note this - I'm part of a group application and the second applicant had zero progress until literally May 5th when Physical presence was completed but everything else is still in progress!! Contacted local MP again and this case they can't do much we just have to wait.

I don't know what the hell is going on there and who they have hired to do these jobs when the AI is already vetting the online applications but fuck they need to get more ethical people behind those gov't jobs because people like us suffer waiting and we don't know what the codes mean. On that note - did call CIC and they said DF means Decision Finalized which lined up perfectly with all my requirements being met 2 days later.
I have everything completed except oath. Can you please explain us what did your local MP do that resulted scheduling of oath. All my MP is saying that they can only get status update and cannot make any decisions. I would highly appreciate your answer @Hansanta

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I have everything completed except oath. Can you please explain us what did your local MP do that resulted scheduling of oath. All my MP is saying that they can only get status update and cannot make any decisions. I would highly appreciate your answer @Hansanta
They told me the same thing when some of my requirements were "in-progress" however once all requirements were completed and like I mentioned before been waiting for the oath date. I raised it back up with them and explained its already been 4-5 weeks and meanwhile I'm seeing folks get their dates when they applied after me. Then after some back and forth they finally called internally and spoke to someone in Ottawa and got my date scheduled with Mississauga office.

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
They told me the same thing when some of my requirements were "in-progress" however once all requirements were completed and like I mentioned before been waiting for the oath date. I raised it back up with them and explained its already been 4-5 weeks and meanwhile I'm seeing folks get their dates when they applied after me. Then after some back and forth they finally called internally and spoke to someone in Ottawa and got my date scheduled with Mississauga office.
So I guess it depends on your local MP how willingly they are digging for you. In my case they're definitely not. Thank you so much for the reply

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
Appereanly I joined the DF club guys. I received a new notes today (I am ordering weekly) it shows location of my paper file set to grant DF. The "assigned to" and the "assigned by" and "due date" under paper file are empty now. The officer put a big big note (appearntly redacted).

Do you guys have the he "assigned to" and the "assigned by" and "due date" under paper file are empty also ?

rydeone

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Appereanly I joined the DF club guys. I received a new notes today (I am ordering weekly) it shows location of my paper file set to grant DF. The "assigned to" and the "assigned by" and "due date" under paper file are empty now. The officer put a big big note (appearntly redacted).

Do you guys have the he "assigned to" and the "assigned by" and "due date" under paper file are empty also ?
For me those fields are not empty. What was the status before Grant DF?

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
I have 2 groups:

Group 1-RI5N8TW form IRCC notes
Group 2-11WFEPZ from CBSA notes

I just noticed them now any idea what they mean? any one has similar group:

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011

For me those fields are not empty. What was the status before Grant DF?
PAPER FILE Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations #: XXXXXX (my app id)

APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date: 2023/08/15
Assigned By: SXXXXXX
Assigned To: SXXXXX

SECONDARY OFFICE(S) SECONDARY OFFICE(S): 1
Created Date: 2004/08/12
Updated Date: 2018/07/10
Primary: Y
RC Code: RC - 3275 <------? not sure what this means
Office Name: GTA-CEN IRCC

SECONDARY OFFICE(S): 2
Created Date: 2004/08/12