+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Grant DF Club

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
For me BG including CSIS security has passed since August 2023. Sometimes I think that I am stressing about it for no reason as the case officer is going to take his time.
I think if we have not passed 21-25 months we shouldn't worry for none routine, but after that 25th month, there should be an immediate action
if you still < 17 months there should be no stress at all honestly.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
I think if we have not passed 21-25 months we shouldn't worry for none routine, but after that 25th month, there should be an immediate action
Are all DF will end up non-routine? Because I’m DF routine application (Aor march, test and BG done in May).

Reactions: mehranjadoon

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Hi all,
Don't goo far in explanations.
Remember that DF are applications already grant the right of citizenship.
I was DF- GRANT from October 2023.
I got everything {LPP} completed FEB20.
Citizenship Cemony changed to in progress Feb27 ( scheduled for Oath March 14).
So you guys shouldn't worry that much.
May total line time will be 12 months from day the application sent to oath day.
Stay Optimistic ur time will come.
I advice if you passed 13 months to contact ur MP.
As I think it's put pressure on ircc when MP contacts them to finish the file in there have no good reasons to delay it

Last edited:

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
First it has been 25 months since filed my application. In July 2023 the officer completed the PII and told me he is granting the application. LPP was completed notes shows application granted. 3 days later a senior officer at the IRCC HQ reviewed my application which is standard procedure and that person put my application on hold. It has been on hold since then.

They tell my MP that additional verification are been done. wait till they are completed.

Since then

2 ATIP to CBSA
2 ATIP to IRCC
1 ATIP to CSIS

This is confirmed information I have collected from various sources and my ATIP.

Slip through my ATIP (meaning all was not-redacted) showed
File Location was egrant under review and then it became egrant (this is likely egrant DF but redacted)
CBSA notes are consistent which show file location as CMB RAU. CMB RAU is a risk assessment branch of IRCC mostly dealing with international stuff.

Also important factor is triage. Triage was always redacted in my notes from IRCC but CBSA shows it
My triage is A6 (which is true I made 3 visits in 5 years to home country to take care of my ailing father)

what is triage A6 see this ----> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ob-407-d-triage.186961/post-2930796

I know for a fact that in the past IRCC has asked for investigation to IRCC local officer's in the city of application. CBSA or CSIS officer's. Also IRCC asks 3rd parties outside Canada to do this investigation. Who they are we can only guess.

Lastly slip through CBSA notes show that CSIS recommended NRT (no reportable trace) and validity is till 2027. Thus whatever it is, it is not related to CSIS. I have valid RCMP clearances so it is not them either.
Also I renewed my PR card after this all started thus it is also not CBSA related otherwise they may have halted the PR card renewal as well.

asked 2 different good lawyers but they say rule 13.1 on-hold of application is something IRCC can use to make me wait many years more. Simply suggested to not file for mandamus yet. This investigation is now in its 8th month.

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Are all DF will end up non-routine? Because I’m DF routine application (Aor march, test and BG done in May).
not necessary because maybe you're stuck at prohibition security screening which I think is normal, but I have this feeling that any DF is none routine :( .

also as you might know if you asked to submit fingerprints it's 100% none routine app

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
First it has been 25 months since filed my application. In July 2023 the officer completed the PII and told me he is granting the application. LPP was completed notes shows application granted. 3 days later a senior officer at the IRCC HQ reviewed my application which is standard procedure and that person put my application on hold. It has been on hold since then.

They tell my MP that additional verification are been done. wait till they are completed.

Since then

2 ATIP to CBSA
2 ATIP to IRCC
1 ATIP to CSIS

This is confirmed information I have collected from various sources and my ATIP.

File Location was egrant under review and then it became egrant (this is likely egrant DF but redacted)
CBSA notes are consistent which show file location as CMB RAU. CMB RAU is a risk assessment branch of IRCC mostly dealing with international stuff.

Also important factor is triage. Triage was always redacted in my notes from IRCC but CBSA shows it
My triage is A6 (which is true I made 3 visits in 5 years to home country to take care of my ailing father)

what is triage A6 see this ----> https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ob-407-d-triage.186961/post-2930796

I know for a fact that in the past IRCC has asked for investigation to IRCC local officer's in the city of application. CBSA or CSIS officer's. Also IRCC asks 3rd parties outside Canada to do this investigation. Who they are we can only guess.

Lastly slip through CBSA notes show that CSIS recommended NRT (no reportable trace) and validity is till 2027. Thus whatever it is, it is not related to CSIS. I have valid RCMP clearances so it is not them either.
Also I renewed my PR card after this all started thus it is also not CBSA related otherwise they may have halted the PR card renewal as well.

asked 2 different good lawyers but they say rule 13.1 on-hold of application is something IRCC can use to make me wait many years more. Simply suggested to not file for mandamus yet. This investigation is now in its 8th month.
Sorry to hear thT , but I think to put file on hold is something else, I have no any info about this case unfortunately, and I can't give my opinion.
However, I wish you happy end and never give up.

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
not necessary because maybe you're stuck at prohibition security screening which I think is normal, but I have this feeling that any DF is none routine :( .
As I told from Ircc agent about my application ( that was in January18,2024, Yes DF , consider as non routine.
I was so frustrated to hear that and thought my file will take another 4 or 5 months, but luckily I got things done by Feb.
I'm trying to give u all info I had , that could help or give a more clear Pic.
Best of luck all.
Salam.

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011

Since then

2 ATIP to CBSA
2 ATIP to IRCC
1 ATIP to CSIS

Wow, this is super helpful thank you!.
The fact they put you on hold, it's nice move, I wish if they did this to me also, because some people had to file mandamus just to force IRCC stop playing these games and violations (tricking candidates to think their application in progress) then they quickly put file on hold once they go to court, like previous case I mentioned of that poor old sick man.

Also actually you helped me confirm most my speculations and assumptions that I posted in my previous posts lol, even though I hoped to be very wrong :( .

I think now I kind of summarize DF is related to:
- Third party verification
- Third party could be/probably an international party outside Canada
- not CSIS, not RCMP, not CBSA
- applicants and MP are not told about this.
- this doesn't mean it's bad it just means a delay
- I also don't think it's US or 5 eyes countries. ( in my opinion and this is one of my biggest concerns, it's more important to me to know who/what/where/why shared more than getting the Citizenship, if it's true this MUST be exposed to the public I believe this is where many mandamus applicants get processed within 60 days of filing to avoid exposing this to public in the Federal court files)

the only diff here from my understanding that you mentioned travel history as reason, I thought it's not related to travel history since I didn't travel since 2017 outside my house 50KM, so it's interesting to know this, maybe DF has many category internally.

person put my application on hold.
did they provide you with reason, did MP asked them the reason for put on hold ?

Good lawyers?
:
did you asked reputable immigration lawyers like atimmigrationlaw & Matkowsky etc.. and others mentioned in this forum?

Last edited:

hemeda2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
As I told from Ircc agent about my application ( that was in January18,2024, Yes DF , consider as non routine.
I was so frustrated to hear that and thought my file will take another 4 or 5 months, but luckily I got things done by Feb.
Best of luck all.
Salam.
Thank you very much, This information is valuable for myself and many others, I am sure there will be thousands stuck here for few months every year good place for parking, I already start to see Grant DF in FB groups, FB messengers chat groups etc.., and this Forum we are helping many by sharing our experience and facts and opinions.

blessedsoul2023

Sep 6, 2023
Wow, this is super helpful thank you!.
The fact they put you on hold, it's nice move, I wish if they did this to me also, because some people had to file mandamus just to force IRCC stop playing these games and violations (tricking candidates to think their application in progress) then they quickly put file on hold once they go to court, like previous case I mentioned of that poor old sick man.

Also actually you helped me confirm most my speculations and assumptions that I posted in my previous posts lol, even though I hoped to be very wrong :( .

I think now I kind of summarize DF is related to:
- Third party verification
- Third party could be/probably an international party outside Canada
- not CSIS, not RCMP, not CBSA
- applicants and MP are not told about this.
- this doesn't mean it's bad it just means a delay
- I also don't think it's US or 5 eyes countries. ( in my opinion and this is one of my biggest concerns, it's more important to me to know who/what/where/why shared more than getting the Citizenship, if it's true this MUST be exposed to the public I believe this is where many mandamus applicants get processed within 60 days of filing to avoid exposing this to public in the Federal court files)

the only diff here from my understanding that you mentioned travel history as reason, I thought it's not related to travel history since I didn't travel since 2017 outside my house 50KM, so it's interesting to know this, maybe DF has many category internally.

did they provide you with reason, did MP asked them the reason for put on hold ?

:
did you asked reputable immigration lawyers like atimmigrationlaw & Matkowsky etc.. and others mentioned in this forum?
Yes atimmigration is one of the two I am mentioning.
The MP part is funny because they give a different answer each time.
Recently they updated my clearances and they told MP the application is good to go but actually still waiting for investigation

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
Yes atimmigration is one of the two I am mentioning.
The MP part is funny because they give a different answer each time.
Recently they updated my clearances and they told MP the application is good to go but actually still waiting for investigation
That's a good sighn bro,
The IRCC, responded to my MP Request about my application ( December 20th) that ,they are waiting for a response from a partner.
And actually this was exactly the status of my file in my last requested ATIP/GCMS ( Requested at Jan12,2024 ,and got them Feb14 and I was still DF-E Grant).
I hope your file will move faster in the next few weeks bro.

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
Best of luck all.
Salam.
But when I called the IRCC twice different days, I was told my application is a routine one, and I was never asked for fingerprints

RESCUE EAGLE

Star Member
Aug 3, 2023
But when I called the IRCC twice different days, I was told my application is a routine one, and I was never asked for fingerprints
I know , we get different answers from different agents and it so furisterating, but the one told me he is very expert ( he is the same one told me about DF real meaning).

Fingerprints are for BG check mainly, and it's Random (as ircc says) ,they don't ask everyone, however I think if they suspected anything,then they ask you to do ,
So if ur BG completed, then u won't be asked for Fingerprint.
( by the away ,in my case they asked me for Fingerprint first thing with my BG changed to in progress.
Can I ask you what is ur time line , when did u applied?

Last edited:

Illusionist4008

Star Member
Oct 28, 2021
I know , we get different answers from different agents and it so furisterating, but the one told me he is very expert ( he is the same one told me about DF real meaning).

Fingerprints are for BG check mainly, and it's Random (as ircc says) ,they don't ask everyone, however I think if they suspected anything,then they ask you to do ,
So if ur BG completed, then u won't be asked for Fingerprint.
( by the away ,in my case they asked me for Fingerprint first thing with my BG changed to in progress.
Can I ask you what is ur time line , when did u applied?
AOR March 29 2023
Test and BG in May