+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

foxy75

Dec 6, 2017
Kelowna
Eugh. Beyond frustrated now. Kelowna office has not moved any applications from IP. Getting closer to PR expiry date and despite the estimated turnaround time for PR renewaks posted on the site I'm hearing the actual wait time is more than 6 months. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it worth calling the office to check on status updates?

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
Decision Made today.

The officer said yesterday that he did not have any issues with our files and information provided and we will receive a letter for Oath ceremony soon.

Test was damn easy .......my recommendation: just read book a couple of times and do a few tests provided by Toronto Library and Richmond library

Good Luck to everyone

Reactions: Sezar_Canada

ddebasis

Feb 7, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2010
Doc's Request.
28-04- 2010
File Transfer...
04-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013, DM on 30-04-2013, Receipt 01-05-2013
LANDED..........
11-06-2013 in Toronto
Eugh. Beyond frustrated now. Kelowna office has not moved any applications from IP. Getting closer to PR expiry date and despite the estimated turnaround time for PR renewaks posted on the site I'm hearing the actual wait time is more than 6 months. Anyone have any suggestions? Is it worth calling the office to check on status updates?
There is no harm in calling CIC office. Please explian him the situation.It may or may not work . At least you have some insight. You can apply for file status as per right to information act. It will take one month get to report. However, it will send message to CIC officer, file is idle for a long time.

Last edited:

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
There is no harm in calling CIC office. Please expliant him the situation.It may or may not work . At least you have some insight. You can apply for file status as per right to information act. It will take one month get to report. However, it will send message to CIC officer, file is idle for a long time.
PR card has expiration date but PR (status) does not expire. You don't need a PR card unless you're traveling outside of Canada. It's not worth calling since you don't have an emergency that warrants urgent processing. Note: call centre agents have no control over anything... you might get more frustrated by calling them.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
There is no harm in calling CIC office. Please expliant him the situation.It may or may not work . At least you have some insight. You can apply for file status as per right to information act. It will take one month get to report. However, it will send message to CIC officer, file is idle for a long time.
There is no evidence that filing for notes prompts anyone to look at the file.
PR card has expiration date but PR (status) does not expire. You don't need a PR card unless you're traveling outside of Canada. It's not worth calling since you don't have an emergency that warrants urgent processing. Note: call centre agents have no control over anything... you might get more frustrated by calling them.
I like Joshua1's choice of words here. You're not likely to feel better after calling them.

Reactions: Joshua1

ncee2001

Mar 4, 2010
Please update. Invitation of Oath taking was emailed yesterday at 4pm. Oath taking will be on July 17. Thanks and good luck to everybody.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010

PR Renewal takes around 70 working days and that is the wait time frame only. As soon as you get AOR for PR Renewal, you get your PR renewed and sent to you in a week. Best part is that they keep on updating the processing date (for example, "now processing application received on...") so you know when to expect your application to be processed.

I also had to renew my PR Card looking at the time it is going to get Citizenship. I chose to renew it because I travel to US every 3 months and don't want to be in a situation where I have to travel and don't have PR Card. Always good to have a backup.

There is no point in getting frustrated over anything. It affects you, not them ! Calling them is not going to expedite your case, in my humble opinion.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Is anyone else being left frustrated with the CIC's response of "we are still waiting on the security clearance from our third party companies, once your office receives the response, they will make a decision to proceed." Anyone know much about these third party companies??

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Is anyone else being left frustrated with the CIC's response of "we are still waiting on the security clearance from our third party companies, once your office receives the response, they will make a decision to proceed." Anyone know much about these third party companies??
That would be CSIS, RCMP, and the like.

Reactions: robreeves

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
CSIS and RCMP
Thank you. Its just frustrating to think that the file is sitting on someone's to-do list and watching everyone else pass their exam and have their decision made a few days after. There are people in the same boat though so i can't exactly feel singled out.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Thank you. Its just frustrating to think that the file is sitting on someone's to-do list and watching everyone else pass their exam and have their decision made a few days after. There are people in the same boat though so i can't exactly feel singled out.
I think you'll find that in the end, the timing of the intermediate steps won't have a considerable impact on when your process (oath) is completed. Aside from the few on here that have been seemingly leap-frogged for oath invites, it still appears to me that they (very loosely) schedule according to AoR dates.

Reactions: robreeves

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vancouver.
Single.
1274 number of days in Canada and application was sent on October 20th, 2017 and was delivered on October 27th, 2017.
Finger Print Request was on March 8th.
Finger printing was done on March 16th at RCMP.
Results on fingerprint were received by me on April 5th which was sent to the Vancouver Office on April 9th and received by Vancouver Office on April 12.

Thanks
Updated. Thanks

ta2

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2013-02-07
Doc's Request.
N/A