+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hi, everybody. Can you help me out? I started to worry about my application. Sent it more than a month ago and so far ECAS status shows nothing, although it is stated there that updates being made daily. Is there any other way to find out about application status, phone numbers or e-mail to make a request? I am thinking that might be the package with application wasn't delivered.
Did you send it via a method that provides package tracking? It's too early for you to start worrying. It could take weeks to months for Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). ECAS won't show anything until AOR happens.

JaihLee416

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Receive the oath invite letter in mail today. So I guess not all oath invite is via email. It’s the Mississauga office.
So don’t forget to check your mailbox every night for those who are waiting for oath invite.
Cheers.
Did your ecas change though?

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Admin,

Could you please add me in the list? Below is the information -

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 8, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 8, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thanks

idima

Jun 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you send it via a method that provides package tracking? It's too early for you to start worrying. It could take weeks to months for Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). ECAS won't show anything until AOR happens.
Yes, tracking number shows that the package was delivered. But I am still freaking out, as it's been more than a month already and nothing appears on ECAS. Just don't understand why AOR takes so long. Mistakes happen, packages can be lost. If they update ECAS status as soon as they actually receive packages, that would save a lot of nerves and anxiety for applicants. Besides, they give no timeline when AOR should be expected. It can be a week, a month or two, or maybe a year, who knows.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Yes, tracking number shows that the package was delivered. But I am still freaking out, as it's been more than a month already and nothing appears on ECAS. Just don't understand why AOR takes so long. Mistakes happen, packages can be lost. If they update ECAS status as soon as they actually receive packages, that would save a lot of nerves and anxiety for applicants. Besides, they give no timeline when AOR should be expected. It can be a week, a month or two, or maybe a year, who knows.
They have a process, so they are following it. Is it the best process, who knows, probably not, but relax, everyone went or will go through the wait. It's best to just relax. You will get emailed your AOR. There are a lot of people applying after they reverted the rules back to 3 years with the possibility of 2 years if you've been in Canada before being a PR.

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
The timeline varies from individual to individual, and location also plays a role. Take a look at the tracking sheet and you will see that one month is not really for you to start "freaking out". Don't worry, you may receive notification from them soon.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Admin,

Could you please add me in the list? Below is the information -

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 8, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 8, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thanks
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

What is your location?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
It's not just about when they receive it. They need to look it over and make sure the application is complete before issuing a file number and officially giving an AoR. A month is not out of the norm, not by a long shot. You only need to start being concerned when it's maybe 6 months without AoR.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Oh, and keep checking the mail every few days in case they sent it back to you as incomplete.

canadatryingguy

Star Member
Dec 19, 2009
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-11-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - 24-11-2016 & AOR 2 - 19-12-2016
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
29-09-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
14-05-2017
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

What is your location?
Vancouver.
Single.
1274 number of days in Canada and application was sent on October 20th, 2017 and was delivered on October 27th, 2017.
Finger Print Request was on March 8th.
Finger printing was done on March 16th at RCMP.
Results on fingerprint were received by me on April 5th which was sent to the Vancouver Office on April 9th and received by Vancouver Office on April 12.

Thanks