+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Got denied for visiting visa *

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
Unfortunately, the visa office still looks at his ability to pay for his own trip - they cannot have a guarantee from you that you will pay his expenses and therefore he has to qualify on his own for travel.

If he has no establishment in Jamaica and a family member willing to care for him in Canada, the visa officer's concerns will be that he will come to Canada and refuse to leave, likely applying for H&C considerations to stay.
Ohh so then what can I do to prove that I can support him ?

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
$1000 for 2 weeks is not nearly enough. How much do you have to support him? Did you buy his flights? How old is he? What family ties has he got to his home country? What family are in his home country? What is his job and is it low paid?
That’s what the agent told us that he would need in his bank account approximately 1000$ and I would take care of all of the expenses once he’s here in Canada and he works as a mechanic in jamaica and he’s planing on furthering his studies this September

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
I am asking these for the applicant and not the one inviting

1. Purpose of travel
2. Financial support (applicant's)
3. Home Ties
4. Family Ties
5. Travel History (if applicable)
6. Proof of relationship (if applicable)
1. Purpose of travel was to visit me his God mother and spend some time with me and I would cover all the expenses as I stated in the invitation letter I own a house everything is on my tax slip I have more than enough to support him for the 2 weeks stay. He has no travel history this would’ve been his first trip and proof or relationship to show he’s my godson ?

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
Unfortunately, the visa office still looks at his ability to pay for his own trip - they cannot have a guarantee from you that you will pay his expenses and therefore he has to qualify on his own for travel.

If he has no establishment in Jamaica and a family member willing to care for him in Canada, the visa officer's concerns will be that he will come to Canada and refuse to leave, likely applying for H&C considerations to stay.
Can I buy his ticket then as proof or is it too late

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
That’s what the agent told us that he would need in his bank account approximately 1000$ and I would take care of all of the expenses once he’s here in Canada and he works as a mechanic in jamaica and he’s planing on furthering his studies this September
yeah your agent isn't very god then. Is he planning studies in Jamaica and did you mention that in his application?

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
yeah your agent isn't very god then. Is he planning studies in Jamaica and did you mention that in his application?
Yes that what I came to realize the agent wasn’t very helpful at all and I’m not sure if he indicated in his job letter that he will be returning to school and yes he will be studying in Jamaica .

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
Unfortunately a lot of agents outside Canada will promise the earth for the money. It is really a simple application and I always urge people to do it by themselves.
What if I get a lawyer to sign the job letter ? To prove that he will be returning ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
What if I get a lawyer to sign the job letter ? To prove that he will be returning ?
A lawyer signing the letter doesn't make it more true, nor does it make it any different to the visa officer. Your godson could still ignore it, even if a lawyer signed it.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would say wait until he has some more savings. It is unfortunate that genuine people have been refused as there is a lot of abuse of the visa system in the past. The government is very wary now.

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
I would say wait until he has some more savings. It is unfortunate that genuine people have been refused as there is a lot of abuse of the visa system in the past. The government is very wary now.
True well thank you so much for your help I appreciate it xo

Reactions: russ6970