+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Got denied for visiting visa *

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
Hello my God son got denied for a visiting visa because 1. Travel history 2. family ties In Jamaica and in Canada 3. Assets & financial status 4. Purpose of visit they said they don’t believe he will return for those reasons ... can I have a lawyer sign his job letter as proof that he will return ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. If you want advice, you need to provide a full profile including all the documents you submitted, the finances you showed available, and provide the purpose of the visit.

2. Did you submit the job letter the first time around? If you did, having a lawyer sign it won't change anything, unfortunately.

Reactions: Teresa raye

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
I was told I needed to send my bank statement which I did an invitation letter and a job letter all of my documents were signed by a lawyer my Godson was told he had to provide a job letter , bank statement and birth certificate and he would need about 1000 Can$ in his account which he had a little over that in his account ..

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you want advice, you need to provide a full profile including all the documents you submitted, the finances you showed available, and provide the purpose of the visit and details you submitted about the trip.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
So then what can we show that will prove to them that he will be returning home ?
What the expert (K.h.p) means by above, is that, what all docs did you provide for

1. Purpose of travel
2. Financial support (applicant's)
3. Home Ties
4. Family Ties
5. Travel History (if applicable)
6. Proof of relationship (if applicable)

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
I sent my Canada revenue tax slips I was told I could send that or my bank statement , my boss wrote me a letter and I wrote the invitation letter Infront of a lawyer that’s all the agency said she needed from me

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I sent my Canada revenue tax slips I was told I could send that or my bank statement , my boss wrote me a letter and I wrote the invitation letter Infront of a lawyer that’s all the agency said she needed from me
I am asking these for the applicant and not the one inviting

1. Purpose of travel
2. Financial support (applicant's)
3. Home Ties
4. Family Ties
5. Travel History (if applicable)
6. Proof of relationship (if applicable)

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
1. Purpose of travel was to visit me his God mother and spend some time with me and I would cover all the expenses as I stated in the invitation letter I own a house everything is on my tax slip I have more than enough to support him for the 2 weeks stay. He has no travel history this would’ve been his first trip and proof or relationship to show he’s my godson ?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
1. Purpose of travel was to visit me his God mother and spend some time with me and I would cover all the expenses as I stated in the invitation letter I own a house everything is on my tax slip I have more than enough to support him for the 2 weeks stay. He has no travel history this would’ve been his first trip and proof or relationship to show he’s my godson ?
What was attached in the purpose of travel? Any travel itinerary? Reserved (not booked) air tickets?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
$1000 for 2 weeks is not nearly enough. How much do you have to support him? Did you buy his flights? How old is he? What family ties has he got to his home country? What family are in his home country? What is his job and is it low paid?

Teresa raye

Jun 5, 2019
No unfortunately I didn’t reserve any ticket as yet I was waiting to get approved first can I still do that or is it too late ? And is his age a factor he’s only 21 and Jamaican with no assets ..

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No unfortunately I didn’t reserve any ticket as yet I was waiting to get approved first can I still do that or is it too late ? And is his age a factor he’s only 21 and Jamaican with no assets ..
Unfortunately, the visa office still looks at his ability to pay for his own trip - they cannot have a guarantee from you that you will pay his expenses and therefore he has to qualify on his own for travel.

If he has no establishment in Jamaica and a family member willing to care for him in Canada, the visa officer's concerns will be that he will come to Canada and refuse to leave, likely applying for H&C considerations to stay.