+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Getting married after PPR

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
Someone I know who added her spouse one month after AOR also got this request.

Just answer the questions truthfully. Put N/A to queations not applicable to you. If you didn’t visit each other before or after the marriage, you can also explain it.
was she in Canada then? or she was applying from her homecountry?

Yep, I did follow your advice. Thank you for your answer.

dshukla

Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

I got my COPR and am planning to go India for my wedding and after that do landing while returning. Will I be able to do landing after that and then later once I get PR card, apply for my husband. Am I supposed to update them about my wedding before landing. And does this affect my COPR.

Please help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I got my COPR and am planning to go India for my wedding and after that do landing while returning. Will I be able to do landing after that and then later once I get PR card, apply for my husband. Am I supposed to update them about my wedding before landing. And does this affect my COPR.

Please help.
Did you actually read any of the posts in this thread?

No, you cannot land without returning your visa/COPR and adding your spouse to your application.

dshukla

Mar 14, 2018
I actually did not read. I need help here so if you can tell me.

My COPR ends in July 2018. If I get married and update them, I know I have to return my CoPR. If I show my husband as non accompanying will they reissue my Copr.

Did you actually read any of the posts in this thread?

No, you cannot land without returning your visa/COPR and adding your spouse to your application.

EE_FSW

Aug 22, 2017
Hi all,

Does any one of you know do I need to change my marital status from single to common-law after receiving the PPR email, especially my partner is Canadian citizen? I don't need to include my partner in my application for medical exam and police certificate etc.

Also, what is the turn-around time for Ottawa to respond the email for CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca ??

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Samour

dshukla

Mar 14, 2018
Hi, I nam we your help. Can I get your number to talk please.
I uploaded spouse docs on Nov 1st/2nd to CIC account.
My spouse already have UCI (Earlier applied for Visitor Visa).Spouse added to account in 3-4 business days.

We received PPR on Dec 15th.

Samour

Mar 1, 2018
Lebanon
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-09-2017
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
Med's Done....
28-09-2017
Passport Req..
07-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2018
Hi all,

Does any one of you know do I need to change my marital status from single to common-law after receiving the PPR email, especially my partner is Canadian citizen? I don't need to include my partner in my application for medical exam and police certificate etc.

Also, what is the turn-around time for Ottawa to respond the email for CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca ??

Thanks!!!
I have the exact same query

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I actually did not read. I need help here so if you can tell me.

My COPR ends in July 2018. If I get married and update them, I know I have to return my CoPR. If I show my husband as non accompanying will they reissue my Copr.
That is what the other member said, if you have read any of the posts in this thread, you already got the answer.

If you get married before you land, inform CIC. You will be asked to return your COPR, submit documents for your spouse, accompanying or not, then you will be issued a new COPR with married status.

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
Hi all,

Thanks!!!
Below is a message CIC sent me when I informed them of a change in my marital status being from single to married.

Thank you for informing us of your change in marital status.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory, whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

so I guess you have to inform them of your status change. The response time was surprisingly fast considering their reputation, lol.. I wrote them 3 emails and received all 3 replies on the following day. hope it helps.

BELLE0314

Jan 23, 2018
Below is a message CIC sent me when I informed them of a change in my marital status being from single to married
Below is a message CIC sent me when I informed them of a change in my marital status being from single to married.

If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.).

If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained Permanent Residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory, whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada.

so I guess you have to inform them of your status change. The response time was surprisingly fast considering their reputation, lol.. I wrote them 3 emails and received all 3 replies on the following day. hope it helps.
Dear MYAM823,

I am still waiting for PPR and plan to get married next month, do you think I should wait for PPR first?

Thanks
Belle

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
Hi Belle, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter whether you get married before or after PPR, you are still considered as an "applicant" till you done landing. In terms of processing time before or after PPR, it is really hard to tell as it depends a lot on your partner's background, travel history, health, etc. Good luck to you!!

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
this is my entier time line could anyone give me some hopes? i belong to NDVO
when should we expect PPR? and is some one sailing with me? please message me
-----------------------------------------------
WES started --10/Oct/2016
WES report -- 24/Nov/2016

IELTS exam 1 -- 24/sep/2016
IELTS exam 2 -- 24/April/2017

Police Clarence Certificate -- 05/May/2017
---------------------------------------------------
EE Profile submitted -- 10/April/2017
NOI received -- 12/April/2017
ONIP submitted - 08/June/2017

WES ordered for ONIP - 09/June/2017
WES ONIP received by ONIP -12/June/2017
WES refund asked for CIC report, received on - 20/June/2017

Assessment stage - 09/June/2017
Decision in progress - 13/June/2017
Nominated- 22/June/2017
ITA received- 28/June/2017
PCC - 30/June/2017
Medicals given - 10/July/2017
AOR- 12/July/2017
Medicals passed - 16/Aug/2017
Background status - NA - 18/Aug/2017

GCMS raised - 04/Oct/2018 (Payment ID- XXXXXXXXXX)
GCMS reply - 06/Nov/2018

Background status- IP2- 13/Nov/2017
PPR mail received - 16/Nov/2017
1st CSE raised and email sent for marriage - 17/Nov/2017

Court Marriage Done - 29/Nov/2017
2nd CSE raised - 29/Nov/2017
3rd CSE raised - 07/Dec/2017

Passport sent - 08/Dec/2017
Passport received with out stamping-22/Dec/2017

Reply for CSE and email - 20/Dec/2017
Additional documents for Spouse requested - 20/Dec/2017
Additional documents submitted - 05/Jan/2018
GCMS Raised - 16/March/2018 (Payment ID-XXXXXXXXXX)
waiting for reply
no UCI generated for spouse yet.....

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......