01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks Gowtham. Can you pls suggest reagrding this;
1. For wife medical exam- the UCI no. quoted in my medical sheet (principal applicant) has to be used for my wife or her UCI no. will be different ? I mean any linkage of medical documents of principal applicant and dependent is done?
It has to be an upfront medical exam for your spouse as she will have her own UCI when CIC adds her to your application.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Sharing update in my profile

WES started --10/Oct/2016
WES report -- 24/Nov/2016

IELTS exam 1 -- 24/sep/2016
IELTS exam 2 -- 24/April/2017

Police Clarence Certificate -- 05/May/2017
---------------------------------------------------
EE Profile submitted -- 10/April/2017
NOI received -- 12/April/2017
ONIP submitted - 08/June/2017

WES ordered for ONIP - 09/June/2017
WES ONIP received by ONIP -12/June/2017
WES refund asked for CIC report, received on - 20/June/2017

Assessment stage - 09/June/2017
Decision in progress - 13/June/2017
Nominated- 22/June/2017
ITA received- 28/June/2017
PCC - 30/June/2017
Medicals given - 10/July/2017
AOR- 12/July/2017
Medicals passed - 16/Aug/2017
Background status - NA - 18/Aug/2017

GCMS raised - 04/Oct/2018 (Payment ID- XXXXXXXXXX)
GCMS reply - 06/Nov/2018

Background status- IP2- 13/Nov/2017
PPR mail received - 16/Nov/2017
1st CSE raised and email sent for marriage - 17/Nov/2017

Court Marriage Done - 29/Nov/2017
2nd CSE raised - 29/Nov/2017
3rd CSE raised - 07/Dec/2017

Passport sent - 08/Dec/2017
Passport received with out stamping-22/Dec/2017

Reply for CSE and email - 20/Dec/2017
Additional documents for Spouse requested - 20/Dec/2017
Additional documents submitted - 05/Jan/2018
GCMS Raised - 16/March/2018 (Payment ID-XXXXXXXXXX)
Spouse UCI generated 23/March/2018
Spouse Medicals requested 25/March/2018

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
It has to be an upfront medical exam for your spouse as she will have her own UCI when CIC adds her to your application.
I think i cannot get her medical exam done before marriage. I read in some of the posts here:

3) Similarly, can she have her medicals done before marriage?
I don't know, but I doubt it. Her medical is "Family" category and they might ask for your EE application number. One strategy would be to schedule her medical exam within 7 days after your marriage.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
I think i cannot get her medical exam done before marriage. I read in some of the posts here:

3) Similarly, can she have her medicals done before marriage?
I don't know, but I doubt it. Her medical is "Family" category and they might ask for your EE application number. One strategy would be to schedule her medical exam within 7 days after your marriage.
It will still be an upfront medical exam, category Non-EDE/Worker. Family category is for family class that includes spousal sponsorship.

The PCC and Medical exam is not a proof of marital status. My husband got his PCC in India weeks before he flew to Singapore to get married; later took his medicals in SG too.

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
It will still be an upfront medical exam, category Non-EDE/Worker. Family category is for family class that includes spousal sponsorship.

The PCC and Medical exam is not a proof of marital status. My husband got his PCC in India weeks before he flew to Singapore to get married; later took his medicals in SG too.
Thanks for the clarification. Can you pls answer the below follow up query:
If i go for my wife upfront medical exam before informing CIC, then what i have to show to the hospital authority on the day of the test ? on what basis they wil inform CIC ?

For the documentation, I could legally get married now and provide to CIC the marriage certificate (along with other required docs like pcc, medical,...), but the photos for the traditional ceremony to prove the relationship would be a problem given that it has been scheduled to take place later, so its not possible to give them right now. Is marriage certificate enough for proving relationship ?

Last edited:

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
No need to redo medicals for Primary Applicant to include spouse.
If Primary Applicant medicals expire - IRCC may ask to redo medicals for Primary Applicant or in some cases they extended medicals validity.
I am in similar situation. When i inform CIC about my marital status change & upload my spouse documents, my medicals would expire in the next 2 months. So should i also do my medicals along with my spouse & submit both together or wait for CIC to ask me to do redo medicals ? Are you sure they will extend medical expiry date of principal applicant ?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in similar situation. When i inform CIC about my marital status change & upload my spouse documents, my medicals would expire in the next 2 months. So should i also do my medicals along with my spouse & submit both together or wait for CIC to ask me to do redo medicals ? Are you sure they will extend medical expiry date of principal applicant ?
I recommend to wait.
In couple of scenarios where Primary Applicant Medicals expiring soon- IRCC processed the application little quicker and asked the applicant whether they can land before expiry of medicals.
They extended medicals expiry date in few scenarios.
If they ask for medicals do it then. At least you will know your application is in process.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the clarification. Can you pls answer the below follow up query:
If i go for my wife upfront medical exam before informing CIC, then what i have to show to the hospital authority on the day of the test ? on what basis they wil inform CIC ?

For the documentation, I could legally get married now and provide to CIC the marriage certificate (along with other required docs like pcc, medical,...), but the photos for the traditional ceremony to prove the relationship would be a problem given that it has been scheduled to take place later, so its not possible to give them right now. Is marriage certificate enough for proving relationship ?
Spouse passport should be enough.
I recommend to carry Marriage certificate, Just in case (But not required).
It is just as we did upfront medical exam for Express Entry - Not Family class.

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Spouse passport should be enough.
I recommend to carry Marriage certificate, Just in case (But not required).
It is just as we did upfront medical exam for Express Entry - Not Family class.
Just for Info.... I did a court marriage... on 29th Nov and then clicked some pics from my cellphone itself at the register office, those pics were accepted for me... and i did a traditional marriage on 3rd march, after submitting all the documents

Reactions: akkoajangajang

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Just for Info.... I did a court marriage... on 29th Nov and then clicked some pics from my cellphone itself at the register office, those pics were accepted for me... and i did a traditional marriage on 3rd march, after submitting all the documents
Ok. Can you pls tell me after how many days of doing court marriage did you get the marriage certificate in hand ?
Also, how many days after marriage did you inform CIC ? Did you inform immediately or after getting marriage certificate in hand ?

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
I recommend to wait.
In couple of scenarios where Primary Applicant Medicals expiring soon- IRCC processed the application little quicker and asked the applicant whether they can land before expiry of medicals.
They extended medicals expiry date in few scenarios.
If they ask for medicals do it then. At least you will know your application is in process.
Thanks Gowtham !!

TanmaySamel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2172/2174
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
22-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
16-08-2017
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Ok. Can you pls tell me after how many days of doing court marriage did you get the marriage certificate in hand ?
Also, how many days after marriage did you inform CIC ? Did you inform immediately or after getting marriage certificate in hand ?
marriage certificate was obtained on the same day itself, i informed them immediately by email and CSE, my entire time line is posted just 3-4 post above

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Ok. Did you specifically mention that you got married today or you told generically that i got married recently or very recently?

I am just wondering if i inform them after 1 or 2 weeks if any harm ?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
@mayurd I know you only wanted to understand the requirements and process of adding your spouse to your application, but all queries, I believe, had been answered by the good members of this forum.

1) Basically, you will only inform CIC about your marriage after the actual marriage, be it a court/civil wedding or traditional marriage ceremony.

2) Raise a CSE, or email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca or your local VO (if known), then wait for their reply on how to send your spouse’s documents, either by email or through your CIC account. Wait time will take 1 day to 1 month. I got mine in less than 24 hours.

3) More or less, this will be the reply you will receive, and the document checklist too:

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter via mail or email, providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your spouse to your application:

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

· Updated IMM0008 Generic form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself

· Schedule A Background Declaration form, and a Family Information form completed and signed by your spouse

· Processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)

· Notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse

· Copy of your spouse’s valid passport

· Two recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications

· A copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration

· A few wedding photographs

· Police clearance certificates for any country in which the spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18

(see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp for more information)

· The Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)

· A “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf

4) The wedding photographs that you have been asking around the forum are any picture taken during the marriage ceremony (traditional, court, etc). If you do not have any single picture taken, explain it.

5) Medical exam is not on the list but your spouse can take an upfront medical exam just like when you had your medicals. Upload the Medical Information Sheet with the documents above. Otherwise, you will be ask to submit it at a later time.

I hope this helps you and other members adding their spouse in the future. All the best to you.

mayurd

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
@mayurd I know you only wanted to understand the requirements and process of adding your spouse to your application, but all queries, I believe, had been answered by the good members of this forum.

1) Basically, you will only inform CIC about your marriage after the actual marriage, be it a court/civil wedding or traditional marriage ceremony.

2) Raise a CSE, or email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca or your local VO (if known), then wait for their reply on how to send your spouse’s documents, either by email or through your CIC account. Wait time will take 1 day to 1 month. I got mine in less than 24 hours.

3) More or less, this will be the reply you will receive, and the document checklist too:

To advise us of a change to your family composition, please send us a signed letter via mail or email, providing us with all required changes to your file. The following information must be included in the letter if we are to make the changes:

- full name,
- date of birth,
- file number [Letter followed by a nine-digit number],
- telephone number, including area code,
- mailing address

As we require your signature on this information, please note that your current family composition has not been amended in our records.

How to add your spouse to your application:

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

· Updated IMM0008 Generic form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself

· Schedule A Background Declaration form, and a Family Information form completed and signed by your spouse

· Processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)

· Notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse

· Copy of your spouse’s valid passport

· Two recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications

· A copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration

· A few wedding photographs

· Police clearance certificates for any country in which the spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18

(see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp for more information)

· The Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)

· A “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669E.pdf

4) The wedding photographs that you have been asking around the forum are any picture taken during the marriage ceremony (traditional, court, etc). If you do not have any single picture taken, explain it.

5) Medical exam is not on the list but your spouse can take an upfront medical exam just like when you had your medicals. Upload the Medical Information Sheet with the documents above. Otherwise, you will be ask to submit it at a later time.

I hope this helps you and other members adding their spouse in the future. All the best to you.
Thank you for summing it up all !!

Reactions: iamxty