+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Do you have a friend or relative who could give you a copy of their rental agreement to you? It doesn’t necessarily have to contain your name on it.
Yes I have a cousin friend who lives in Toronto with his family. I can ask him but how does that prove my address since I wont have my name on it?

Raz1256

May 15, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-05-2019
Nomination.....
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
02-08-2019
Med's Done....
25-06-2019
Passport Req..
13-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2020
LANDED..........
17-06-2020
Yes I have a cousin friend who lives in Toronto with his family. I can ask him but how does that prove my address since I wont have my name on it?
Some officers are lenient and need an address proof only to verify that the address you mention is actually accessible to you. Refer to my post above, it depends on the officer but there is no harm trying while you are still under quarantine.

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Hi Friends,

I think I'm having an issue with my SIN application. I landed on 7th and applied online on the 8th, providing the needed docs and proof of address where I was supposed to be staying after quarantine. I may accidentally have put my mother's wrong last name (after marriage, same as my own and my father's). I hadn't heard from them, so I went to a center to apply in person, or ask for any information. They told me nothing, just gave me the known number 866... and try to contact them. I did, 2 hours waiting for somebody to pick up, and I spoke to one of the agents. I told her to change my mother's last name (she said it couldn't be done). Also gave her my new mail address for the delivery (I have my own place now). She told somebody would contact me (nobody has until now). I may have a potential job offer, but without the SIN, I can't do anything. Ant thoughts and suggestions? What more can I do? I'm really concerned.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi Friends,

I think I'm having an issue with my SIN application. I landed on 7th and applied online on the 8th, providing the needed docs and proof of address where I was supposed to be staying after quarantine. I may accidentally have put my mother's wrong last name (after marriage, same as my own and my father's). I hadn't heard from them, so I went to a center to apply in person, or ask for any information. They told me nothing, just gave me the known number 866... and try to contact them. I did, 2 hours waiting for somebody to pick up, and I spoke to one of the agents. I told her to change my mother's last name (she said it couldn't be done). Also gave her my new mail address for the delivery (I have my own place now). She told somebody would contact me (nobody has until now). I may have a potential job offer, but without the SIN, I can't do anything. Ant thoughts and suggestions? What more can I do? I'm really concerned.
If they approve the SIN, just get it and the eventually take care of any amendments at service Canada. SIN won't be changed anyways. If not just wait for rejection and apply new one at service Canada as soon as you are notified of rejection. You have to wait for 4 weeks anyways as you put in an application already.

Reactions: Jorela

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi guys, after applying online to renew expired SIN with a new valid work permit would you get the same SIN NUMBER or. a DIFFERENT SIN ?

Wallyb

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Hi guys, after applying online to renew expired SIN with a new valid work permit would you get the same SIN NUMBER or. a DIFFERENT SIN ?
It’s the same SIN with an expiry date tied to your new work permit. You only get a different SIN when your status has changed from being a ‘temporary’ resident to PR.

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hi

I have applied online for SIN since I am in quarantine. How do I track the status of the application and know if it has been approved? They did not take my email

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
If they approve the SIN, just get it and the eventually take care of any amendments at service Canada. SIN won't be changed anyways. If not just wait for rejection and apply new one at service Canada as soon as you are notified of rejection. You have to wait for 4 weeks anyways as you put in an application already.
Hello again. I'm in the same situation as before. It has been a month since I applied for SIN, and no acceptance or rejection letter has been delivered. I went again to another service Canada center, I don't know if she completed the application, but I received no SIN number in person. She said I would receive one in 4 weeks , if the application was approved. I asked what was the problem for all this delays, and she said there may be a problem with the validation of my COPR?? I asked what does that mean and received no reply, just to call the 866 number. I don't know what more to do, I tried everything and still no SIN!! I feel desperate, like I'm never getting a SIN :(

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi..

My husband and I landed on June 25th and we applied for SIN on July 10th. I received my SIN on July 21 and he hasn’t received it yet. Should I wait one more week and then call them ? Can anyone tell me the timeline in which ur dependent applicant received SIN? We have returned to USA so would like to know how to contact from here ?

thanks in advance:)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello again. I'm in the same situation as before. It has been a month since I applied for SIN, and no acceptance or rejection letter has been delivered. I went again to another service Canada center, I don't know if she completed the application, but I received no SIN number in person. She said I would receive one in 4 weeks , if the application was approved. I asked what was the problem for all this delays, and she said there may be a problem with the validation of my COPR?? I asked what does that mean and received no reply, just to call the 866 number. I don't know what more to do, I tried everything and still no SIN!! I feel desperate, like I'm never getting a SIN :(
This will get sorted out. Someone needs to input your landing properly.

Reactions: Jorela

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
I applied online to renew my SIN on July 28 and received it in the mail yesterday; it was the same number as before and has the same expiry date as my new work permit extension ✌

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I am trying to see if I can get a SIN in person at one of the Service Canada Centres as there are some that appear to be open in Toronto. I filled in the request for to book an appointment but the only similar option for the reason of the appointment was 'SIN - Information'. Does anyone know if it is possible to get SIN at the Centre at this time and if so, I just wanted to make sure, I do not need a proof of address if done in this way? I'd much prefer to do this after quarantine as I do not have a proof of address at the moment.

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Sharing my SIN timelines for the sake of new applicants.

Attempt 1
Applied Online: 18 June, 2020
Documents used: Landing document, Passport, Hydro bill of friend [3 of us applied with same proof of address, but 2 got rejected]
Rejected: 19 June, 2020

Attempt 2
Applied Online:
10 July, 2020
Documents used: Landing document, Passport, Tenancy contract of friend [2 of us applied with same proof of address, but got accepted]
Approved: 14 July, 2020
Posted: 16 July, 2020
Received: 20 July. 2020

Good Day!
Hey can you explain this to me? So you applied with a proof of address that was not on your name and it got accepted?