+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Oh nice, can you tell which SCC did you go to in Toronto? and what time should we go to avoid crowd ? Also which bank did you prefer for opening the account and applying for credit card ?
I went to the one on college street first thing in the morning. Can't comment on how busy it at other times. Went to Scotiabank as it was the only one that I could get an in-person appointment with, with relative ease as they have live chat on their website. Others wanted to have a phone appointment first before getting one in person. They were also good in that they approved my credit card with just my SIN with no address attached to it. Although I would advise getting your address put on your SIN (there is a space for it on the bit of paper you get) as it will make things a bit smoother.

Reactions: naaka

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hey, everyone!
Just wanted to let you know about my experience with online SIN application.
I landed last week on September 16th and now spending my quarantine at AirBnB rental, which was rented for one month exactly.
On the next day after the landing, September 17th, I filled an online application for SIN and attached a photo of my passport, COPR and... a receipt from AirBnB.
I was sure it wouldn’t work, however, today I have received an envelope with my SIN!

in short:
17.09.2020 - applied online
18.09.2020 - SIN generated (the date is on the paper with SIN)
22.09.2020 - SIN is mailed from Bathurst, NB (date on the envelope)
25.09.2020 - SIN received in Saskatoon, SK

Reactions: naaka

shaizeik

Star Member
Sep 7, 2019
Hi Friends,

I think I'm having an issue with my SIN application. I landed on 7th and applied online on the 8th, providing the needed docs and proof of address where I was supposed to be staying after quarantine. I may accidentally have put my mother's wrong last name (after marriage, same as my own and my father's). I hadn't heard from them, so I went to a center to apply in person, or ask for any information. They told me nothing, just gave me the known number 866... and try to contact them. I did, 2 hours waiting for somebody to pick up, and I spoke to one of the agents. I told her to change my mother's last name (she said it couldn't be done). Also gave her my new mail address for the delivery (I have my own place now). She told somebody would contact me (nobody has until now). I may have a potential job offer, but without the SIN, I can't do anything. Ant thoughts and suggestions? What more can I do? I'm really concerned.
Hi @Jorela

Did you hear anything from Service Canada? I'm in the same boat.

Parsifal

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Hi everyone,

Has anyone had experience that with a new SIN, their previous ROEs and IE claims are no longer available on Service Canada's portal?
I wonder if this is normal.

Thank you,
Vlad

janemashal

Mar 4, 2018
Hello everyone! Is there anyone here who's still waiting for the e-mail if we can send our passports for immigrant visa? We received our ITA last January 2020, did our medical by February 2020 and completed all requirements by March 9, 2020. Then we received the e-mail that we can do our biometrics by April 9, 2020.

We submitted our biometrics last June and we are still waiting for the decision letter until now and have completed 7 months and counting.

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello, yes I got SIN by just going to a Service Canada Centre. I didn't need proof of address, just took copr and passport. Whole thing was straight forward and took 10 minutes.
Hi, I just landed in Canada last week, I am planning to go to a SCC in Brampton on 15th day to apply for SIN. I just wanted to know, whether we need to take an appointment or go there straight away?

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi, I just landed in Canada last week, I am planning to go to a SCC in Brampton on 15th day to apply for SIN. I just wanted to know, whether we need to take an appointment or go there straight away?
Hi there. I didn't make an appointment, I just turned up first thing, there was a small line to get in.

Canada_Pr4u

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi, I went to get my SIN today, but they couldn't give us that. It may take 4-6 weeks for them to mail that to us. This is also due to Expired COPR problem. I am really fed up with it. Anyone facing a similar issue?

TN89

May 7, 2020
Hi,
I’m planning on applying for SIN, and I would like to know which is better? Applying in person or online during quarantine?? Your recommendation is much appreciated guys

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Hi,
I’m planning on applying for SIN, and I would like to know which is better? Applying in person or online during quarantine?? Your recommendation is much appreciated guys
you better wait for after the quarantine, its only 14 days. If you do it online, you have to wait more than 20 business days.

Pkaur11

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
I applied it online last monday and went to service canada and they said my mothers name doesn’t match their records and they referred my case to Brunswick and told me to wait.
Any kind of information would be great.
Thank you

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I applied it online last monday and went to service canada and they said my mothers name doesn’t match their records and they referred my case to Brunswick and told me to wait.
Any kind of information would be great.
Thank you
I just waited, did not have to do something else. Don't worry, you'll get the SIN.