+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gettin New SIN Number

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Thank you. Was able to connect but due to call volumes they said can’t speak to an agent. Is there a navigation numbers available? I am trying anyway to speak to an agent.
I dont have any other number. Keep trying and maybe you can get through. Otherwise trying calling up at a Service Canada center directly

annayak

Jul 28, 2020
Has anyone applied for a SIN number via mail? I had submitted all original documents in June last week. I have still not received any update...
Any suggestions on how to check

DR007

Aug 27, 2018
I am trying to see if I can get a SIN in person at one of the Service Canada Centres as there are some that appear to be open in Toronto. I filled in the request for to book an appointment but the only similar option for the reason of the appointment was 'SIN - Information'. Does anyone know if it is possible to get SIN at the Centre at this time and if so, I just wanted to make sure, I do not need a proof of address if done in this way? I'd much prefer to do this after quarantine as I do not have a proof of address at the moment.
I have filled out "Service request" to set a getting SIN "in person" on 5th of August and still no sign from them claiming they will contact me in 2 business days...also checked Sin information box on that online form...Don't know what to think any more...

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
I dont have any other number. Keep trying and maybe you can get through. Otherwise trying calling up at a Service Canada center directly
Thanks for your help :) we did contact them and after 40 mins of waiting time we got to speak to an agent and he said there was a pblm in the file and it’s not yet opened and we will get an update soon. He did not tell what the pblm was or when we will get an update ... he just mentioned that on July 14th the file was moved to their department. We applied for SIN on July 10th.

Doubleface72

Aug 2, 2020
Hello guys,
Nobody has to wait for online process or post process.
Present yourself in the morning (without appointment) to any service Canada and you can get your SIN in 30min.
i have been rejected for proof of residence twice then i went there yesterday and got my SIN in 15min

Reactions: naaka

chancan

Jan 6, 2020
Philadelphia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
Hello guys,
Nobody has to wait for online process or post process.
Present yourself in the morning (without appointment) to any service Canada and you can get your SIN in 30min.
i have been rejected for proof of residence twice then i went there yesterday and got my SIN in 15min
What did you provide as proof of residence? I will be staying in an Airbnb for a month, hence no address proof to submit.

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
What did you provide as proof of residence? I will be staying in an Airbnb for a month, hence no address proof to submit.
If you are going to get it from Service Canada, I do not think you need any proof of address. If you are applying online, then you need the proof. I submitted the request online with a Walmart grocery delivery receipt ( to my place of stay) and it got approved within a week.

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
I have filled out "Service request" to set a getting SIN "in person" on 5th of August and still no sign from them claiming they will contact me in 2 business days...also checked Sin information box on that online form...Don't know what to think any more...
I never got a call back. So went to a Service Canada Centre instead without an appointment. Got SIN in 20 minutes without proof of address.

Couple of things to note though if others are thinking of doing something similar. The SCC, unlike the Canadian Government, do not count the day you arrived in Canada as a quarantine day at all - so say if you arrived on a Monday - you can leave quarantine on the Monday in 2 weeks, but you can only go to the SCC on the Tuesday. At least this was the case where I went.

Also, try and get your address on you SIN document as it can be used to get a credit card at the bank. The officer I got at SCC didn't mention anything or ask for address and I didn't think, so I didn't have an address linked to my SIN. Fortunately the guy we met at the bank (for the second time, now with SIN) put through the application for a credit card anyway.

Reactions: luv908

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi All,
Need any helpful info/ insights on my situation. Below is our timeline.
-COPR approved - Jan 15 2020
-Landed in Toronto - June 25 2020
-Applied (i.e linked the principal applicant’s PR application to the CIC profile) for PR card - June 27 2020. The status is submitted. No Ghost update or any other messages or emails.
- Still not able to link the PR application for dependent applicant.
-Applied for SIN (both principal and dependent) - July 10 2020
-Received SIN of principal - July 21 2020
- Called Service Canada from USA to ask about dependent’s SIN on Aug 14 2020 and they told there was some problem with his application so we need to wait and the file is yet to be opened.

For the PR card and SIN, I have given my friend’s address and I have even received my SIN. Now, since their lease has expired they have moved to a new place and I am looking at the process to change the address for PR card and SIN (dependent) I am trying to update the address in the below link
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do but whenever I give my UCI or application number it says not able to identify a file.
1) Has anyone done this process through the link or through web form ?
2) Was it successful?
3) Do we get any notification about the address change ?
4) Does this change of address apply for SIN as well? Or is it just for the PR card ?
Thanks in advance for your replies:)

harsimrankaur

May 29, 2018
Can someone Please confirm which docs we need to apply for.. if we are updating from open work permit SIN to a PR SIN number?
I submitted application thrice... each time i am getting missing doc letters.
1. i uploaded conformation of PR (which i got in email)
2. bank statement as address proof
3. Canadian drivers license as proof of identity.

I got missing missing primary doc based on the current status in Canada.

I even visited service center canada. They also told me they need original doc (which is not sent by cic) to update SIN number.

Any help is appreciated.

AmyRao

Jul 17, 2020
I am trying to see if I can get a SIN in person at one of the Service Canada Centres as there are some that appear to be open in Toronto. I filled in the request for to book an appointment but the only similar option for the reason of the appointment was 'SIN - Information'. Does anyone know if it is possible to get SIN at the Centre at this time and if so, I just wanted to make sure, I do not need a proof of address if done in this way? I'd much prefer to do this after quarantine as I do not have a proof of address at the moment.
Hi, were you able to apply for SIN, please let us know of the process...

DC888

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi, were you able to apply for SIN, please let us know of the process...
Hello, yes I got SIN by just going to a Service Canada Centre. I didn't need proof of address, just took copr and passport. Whole thing was straight forward and took 10 minutes.

Reactions: AmyRao

AmyRao

Jul 17, 2020
Hello, yes I got SIN by just going to a Service Canada Centre. I didn't need proof of address, just took copr and passport. Whole thing was straight forward and took 10 minutes.
Oh nice, can you tell which SCC did you go to in Toronto? and what time should we go to avoid crowd ? Also which bank did you prefer for opening the account and applying for credit card ?