+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

here4you

Feb 26, 2024
I'm fairly new to this but I think I might be under SS, does anyone know if there r other ways to tell whether ur being comprehensively screened besides ordering a note? i ordered one already but its gonna take weeks until i get it and i really wanna find out right now

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
I'm fairly new to this but I think I might be under SS, does anyone know if there r other ways to tell whether ur being comprehensively screened besides ordering a note? i ordered one already but its gonna take weeks until i get it and i really wanna find out right now
order a csis note. If csis note says your security is in progress. It should be 100% comprehensive screening.

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Actually the comprehensive security can only be decided by csis note. Ircc will not tell u the specific info on security. CBSA note neither tells u it is c-check or not.

here4you

Feb 26, 2024
Actually the comprehensive security can only be decided by csis note. Ircc will not tell u the specific info on security. CBSA note neither tells u it is c-check or not.
So a note thats gonna take 2 weeks to deliver is the only way... that sucks... i also got an update on background check on the tracker app, it says "Background verification status has been updated to In progress", this is the main reason why i m concerned, but does this mean anything? i heard that people who pass the initial security checks wont even have this on their tracker, only the ppl who are flagged for SS.

MarkSpenser

Mar 23, 2023
So a note thats gonna take 2 weeks to deliver is the only way... that sucks... i also got an update on background progress on the tracker app, it says "Background verification status has been updated to In progress", this was the main reason why i was concerned, but does this mean anything? i heard that people who pass the initial security checks wont even have this on their tracker, only the ppl who are flagged for SS.
I have "Background verification status has been updated to In progress" and I am in SS. I know 3 other FSW-O individuals who have the same status and they are also in SS.

here4you

Feb 26, 2024
I have "Background verification status has been updated to In progress" and I am in SS. I know 3 other FSW-O individuals who have the same status and they are also in SS.
Damn, so it's confirmed pretty much, are there like many types of ss? by that i mean were there cases where it took 2 years to complete and also cases where it took only a few months or weeks? or do i have to at least wait 2 years for it to complete

King nader

Feb 22, 2024
since October 2022 the background checks completed For my wife..and my security investigations started since January 9, 2023.. I requested the gcem note from CSIS confirmed to me that the results of that the security investigation completed since 19 March 2023 and the recommendation sent to CBSA.. I asked noted gcem from CBSA response in progress 2 times...

AasimarSalute

Jun 16, 2021
My application has been undergoing security screening since August 16 2023. On February 16 2024, I received a 'Ghost Update' in IRCC portal, but when I checked the tracker today, there were no new updates. (Usually it updates next work day after ircc portal update) Additionally, I called the IRCC today, and the agent informed me that there were no changes and the Background check is still ongoing. This makes me curious about the nature of the 'Ghost Update' I received. Is it possible that the agent didn't conduct a thorough check and missed information indicating the completion of my security screening? How common are such occurrences?
Hey Mark, I have almost the exact same timeline as you. My SS started Aug 15 2023. And on Feb 15 & Feb 16 2024, I received "Ghost update" in portal. Also called, agent said nothing changed. I ordered CBSA notes. Will keep you updated!

Reactions: MarkSpenser

MarkSpenser

Mar 23, 2023
Hey Mark, I have almost the exact same timeline as you. My SS started Aug 15 2023. And on Feb 15 & Feb 16 2024, I received "Ghost update" in portal. Also called, agent said nothing changed. I ordered CBSA notes. Will keep you updated!
After your message, I’m almost sure that our updates were kind of a technical update exactly 6 months later. Maybe the office location has changed, or technical update by timing or something... Will check in Notes.

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
My CBSA notes says I and spouse are under comprehensive screening. At least the note from my officer says "comprehensive check to be submitted for PA and spouse. CBSA note tells that...atleast mine did.

Lucas456

Jul 5, 2023
I am under security check from more than 8 months. I requested my cbsa gcm notes and I got in like 2 weeks.
It doesn’t say anywhere that it in progress by cbsa.
Security - in progress
Sub activity - revcieved by cbsa.

It doesn’t show anywhere that they are processing. It has been 8 months and I requested my notes after 8 month for cbsa. I can see I sent for security screening on 12 july 2023 and cbsa recieved on same day. But there are no activities. What the reason?

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
I am under security check from more than 8 months. I requested my cbsa gcm notes and I got in like 2 weeks.
It doesn’t say anywhere that it in progress by cbsa.
Security - in progress
Sub activity - revcieved by cbsa.

It doesn’t show anywhere that they are processing. It has been 8 months and I requested my notes after 8 month for cbsa. I can see I sent for security screening on 12 july 2023 and cbsa recieved on same day. But there are no activities. What the reason?
you can order a CSIS note. If they say your security is in progress. You need to wait patiently.. Currently the security screening for inland applicants ranges from 9-18 months (the time they sent to security rather than AR/AOR date), while a small portion can take 2-3 years.

Lucas456

Jul 5, 2023
You mean cbsa has not started yet my screening yet . I did apply csis notes on same day I apply cbsa. I got cbsa one not csis yet.