+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

King nader

Feb 22, 2024
According to my experience my file since March 19, 2023 chye the CBSA in the process of security processing.. until today nothing new..

Lucas456

Jul 5, 2023
Yes I have outside of Canada... I worked or police service and also I traveled to 4 countries as a tourist trip
May be that’s why it’s long for you. I m stuck since last 8 months. I m inland applicant 23 years old. Never travelled anywhere, directly came to canada when I was 18. Moreover I never went back to my home country till yet. Still they are doing my check. I don’t have any visa refusal.

saimkaka

Mar 9, 2024
Activity status updated:

Background verification

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to In progress

After ADR submission I get this message in tracker history.
does this mean start of a Comprehensive security screening ?

saimkaka

Mar 9, 2024
Activity status updated:

Background verification

Background verification

Background verification status has been updated to In progress

After ADR submission I get this message in tracker history.
does this mean start of a Comprehensive security screening ?
I am only 3 months after AOR, medical biometrics eligibility info sharing criminality all passed.
ADR was related to submission of Certified military documents

blackedout

Feb 26, 2024
Hi I'm a Study Permit applicant who's also stuck with this security screening bs. GCMS notes from CBSA states my Eligibility passed , criminality passed - bio , info sharing complete and medical passed with security labelled as "IN progress" How can I know if somehow my application has ended up in comprehensive security screening?

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
Hi I'm a Study Permit applicant who's also stuck with this security screening bs. GCMS notes from CBSA states my Eligibility passed , criminality passed - bio , info sharing complete and medical passed with security labelled as "IN progress" How can I know if somehow my application has ended up in comprehensive security screening?
Two ways, in the sub-activity part of your security, it says the type of security. If was just initiated wait for a month or two and order the cbsa note. The second way? Request for CSIS. That's a definite way to know if you are on Comprehensive SS..

singhguy

May 5, 2023
Two ways, in the sub-activity part of your security, it says the type of security. If was just initiated wait for a month or two and order the cbsa note. The second way? Request for CSIS. That's a definite way to know if you are on Comprehensive SS..
I am also stuck in Security Screening since June 2023. In received CBSA notes in Feb 2024, security sub-activity type is "Security Screening", status is "Received by CBSA", updated date was 09 June 2023 and due date was 07 July 2023. But there is no other update under security section.

I received CSIS notes in Mar 2024 and it mentions that the security screening is in progress and is exempted from disclosure under sections 22(l)(a), 22(l)(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed.

blackedout

Feb 26, 2024
I am also stuck in Security Screening since June 2023. In received CBSA notes in Feb 2024, security sub-activity type is "Security Screening", status is "Received by CBSA", updated date was 09 June 2023 and due date was 07 July 2023. But there is no other update under security section.

I received CSIS notes in Mar 2024 and it mentions that the security screening is in progress and is exempted from disclosure under sections 22(l)(a), 22(l)(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed.
Hi can we discuss on whatsapp?

umbro

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018

Based on the trend of several cases that were stuck in SS and recently BGC was completed, you should get cleared very soon. I hope so.

blackedout

Feb 26, 2024
Based on the trend of several cases that were stuck in SS and recently BGC was completed, you should get cleared very soon. I hope so.
where are you finding this trend? I’m waiting since October 2023 and there’s no movement on my file. Even contacted my MP and they said everything is passed but security is in progress

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
where are you finding this trend? I’m waiting since October 2023 and there’s no movement on my file. Even contacted my MP and they said everything is passed but security is in progress
CSIS has completed your screening and sent back to cbsa since October 2023?

rubi7509

Nov 22, 2023
Nigeria
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-02-2021
AOR Received.
22-05-2021
Med's Request
07-03-2023
Med's Done....
23-03-2023
no from my recent order of gcms notes all it says is that the file is received by CBSA and no mentions of CSIS since October 26th
Have you ordered notes from CSIS? You should if you haven't.