+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Dear @legalfalcon , can I assume that they have finished third-party investigation? Given these changes in CBSA notes.
I guess the csis part is done, given the new gcms notes (case under review..) .
You can ask the csis note, if they have done the seurity, they will inform u when they send to cbsa. There are several additional steps in cbsa about security..this can last as long as 3-4 months for most applications. Then they will return to ircc for the final ADM decision.

Reactions: popforg

MarkSpenser

Mar 23, 2023
My application has been undergoing security screening since August 16 2023. On February 16 2024, I received a 'Ghost Update' in IRCC portal, but when I checked the tracker today, there were no new updates. (Usually it updates next work day after ircc portal update) Additionally, I called the IRCC today, and the agent informed me that there were no changes and the Background check is still ongoing. This makes me curious about the nature of the 'Ghost Update' I received. Is it possible that the agent didn't conduct a thorough check and missed information indicating the completion of my security screening? How common are such occurrences?

leevick

Star Member
Feb 8, 2022
China
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My application has been undergoing security screening since August 16 2023. On February 16 2024, I received a 'Ghost Update' in IRCC portal, but when I checked the tracker today, there were no new updates. (Usually it updates next work day after ircc portal update) Additionally, I called the IRCC today, and the agent informed me that there were no changes and the Background check is still ongoing. This makes me curious about the nature of the 'Ghost Update' I received. Is it possible that the agent didn't conduct a thorough check and missed information indicating the completion of my security screening? How common are such occurrences?
Please check if your medical is expired. The expiration of medical will trigger an automatic ghost update.

MarkSpenser

Mar 23, 2023
Please check if your medical is expired. The expiration of medical will trigger an automatic ghost update.
I passed the medical exam on April 4th. However, in my IRCC account, it is indicated that I passed the medical exam on May 12th. Thus, the dates do not match due to some automatic trigger related to the medical process. Or do they match?

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
I passed the medical exam on April 4th. However, in my IRCC account, it is indicated that I passed the medical exam on May 12th. Thus, the dates do not match due to some automatic trigger related to the medical process. Or do they match?
Ghost update is related to GCMS notes that u have some updates on that...It can be anything related to ur application.

MarkSpenser

Mar 23, 2023
Ghost update is related to GCMS notes that u have some updates on that...It can be anything related to ur application.
Yes. To my knowledge, if an application has been sent for security screening, there should be no updates until it is completed. However, there was an update, but the agent mentioned that no statuses have changed. That’s why I’m wondering what that update was. I hope the agent missed something. And there new note with info about completion of ss

Reactions: popforg

bilalmehar381

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Calgary Alberta
Category........
PNP
Any idea why applications go into intensive screening? I know few inland applicants waiting for screening to be done but it been more than 9 months now it's still in process

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Yes. To my knowledge, if an application has been sent for security screening, there should be no updates until it is completed. However, there was an update, but the agent mentioned that no statuses have changed. That’s why I’m wondering what that update was. I hope the agent missed something. And there new note with info about completion of ss
i think you can order a new gcms, that is the most accurate and no concerns on any missing points..

Reactions: MarkSpenser

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
I was asked to take the third medical test several months after security screening was initiated. At that time, I thought my case is going to be approved. But, now, my third medical expired for 4 months…

MarkSpenser

Mar 23, 2023
I was asked to take the third medical test several months after security screening was initiated. At that time, I thought my case is going to be approved. But, now, my third medical expired for 4 months…
I hope it’s not my case, because if it were medical, then the status of the medical would have been changed. However, in my case, nothing has changed. Was your medical status changed after the ghost update in your case?

King nader

Feb 22, 2024
Hi all,
I just got my CBSA notes that I ordered on Sept 12th.
Our AoR is Dec 16th, 2018. The CIC answer is that we've passed eligibility and criminality and security is in progress. I was told before that security check has started May 22nd 2019. I ordered these notes to see where we are in security. Please note that I am the principal applicant and this is for Express Entry-Inland PNP.
I would really appreciate it if anyone could take a look at my notes and let me know what they can see or verify my understanding.
From what I see, it seems like there has been an update to our security on Sept 10th. For my partner's security screening it seems it's been finished and the result is favourable. By for myself, the "Status", "SII Indicator" and "Validity Date" seem to have become hidden probably by the person preparing the notes.
Any one know why that is? and what it indicates?
There is due date of 2020/01/29 mentioned in a few places. Is that valid at all?! Are they supposed to finish the security check by then?
Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------
ADMISSIBILITIES
SECURITY
SECURITY: 1
Created Date: 2019/01/29 07:02:28
Created By SM7910
Updated Date: 2019/05/22 13:46:04
Updated By: CD10825
UCI #: (My Partner's UCI)
Family Name: (My Partner's Last name)
Given Name: (My Partner's First name)
Type: Security
Validity Date:
Status Updated By: CD10825
Status Updated Date: 2019/05/22
Assigned By: SM7910
Assigned To: RC-6262
Due Date: 2020/01/29
Activity #: 1-123MR08

ATTACHMENTS ATTACHMENTS: 0

SUB ACTIVITIES

SUB ACTIVITIES: 1
Created Date: 2019/05/22 13:46:04
Created By CD10825
Updated Date: 2019/09/10 11:52:09
Updated By: EAISTS
UCI #: (My Partner's UCI)
Family Name: (My Partner's Last name)
Given Name: (My Partner's First name)
Type: Security Screening
SII Indicator: Yes
Validity Date: 2023/09/09
Status Updated By: EAISTS
Status Updated Date: 2019/09/10
Assigned To: RC-4133
Assigned By: CD10825
Due Date: 2019/06/21
Activity#: 2-SCTX6UM

SECURITY SCREENING
Previous Results:
Security Screening Type (A34): Comprehensive
Priority: Normal
# of People Sent for Screening: 2
STS Ref #: CA2019-8029561
Linked Activity:

INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTNERS
INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTNERS: 0
INSTRUCTIONS FROM PARTNERS
INSTRUCTIONS FROM PARTNERS: 0

SECURITY: 2
Created Date: 2019/01/29 07:02:27
Created By: SM7910
Updated Date: 2019105/22 13:46:31
Updated By: CD10825
UCI #: (My UCI)
Family Name: (My last name)
Given Name: (My first name)
Type: Security
Validity Date:
Status Updated By: CD10825
Status Updated Date: 2019/05/22
Assigned By: SM7910
Assigned To: RC-6262
Due Date: 2020/01/29
Activity #: 1-123MOZS

ATTACHMENTS ATTACHMENTS: 0

SUB ACTIVITIES
SUB ACTIVITIES 1
Created Date: 2019/05/22 13:46:31
Created By: CD10825
Updated Date: 2019/09/10 11:52:11
Updated By: EAISTS
UCI #: (My UCI)
Family Name: (My last name)
Given Name: (My first name)
Type: Security Screening
SII Indicator:(seems like something here is hidden)
Validity Date: (seems like something here is hidden)
Status Updated By: LAISIS
Status Updated Date: 2019/09/10
Assigned To: RC-4133
Assigned By: CD10825
Due Date: 2019/06/21
Activity #: 2-SCTX6VF

INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTNERS
INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTNERS: 0
INSTRUCTIONS FROM PARTNERS
INSTRUCTIONS FROM PARTNERS: 0