+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
how to reach out to CSIS director? security check on my case was initiad in
August 2022.the waiting is frustrating
do u order the gcms note from cbsa, which step are you stuck? csis or cbsa? This may happen your csis check has been done.

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
your medical is expired, have you receive medical request?
my remedical also going to expire in may 2024 file stuck in security from may 2023
I am not in Canada, so when my medical test expired, they ask me to do it again. About 400 CAD each time. I was asked to take 3 times already and the third time expired in the end of 2023

AMD171

Star Member
May 23, 2023
do u order the gcms note from cbsa, which step are you stuck? csis or cbsa? This may happen your csis check has been done.
Once the CSIS check has been done, do you know how long CBSA takes to finish the security check and send file to ircc ? any idea

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Once the CSIS check has been done, do you know how long CBSA takes to finish the security check and send file to ircc ? any idea
someone is very fast by 3-4 months, someone might be much longer...no one knows the exact procedure..

jmdbsa

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
I am not in Canada, so when my medical test expired, they ask me to do it again. About 400 CAD each time. I was asked to take 3 times already and the third time expired in the end of 2023
i see. since you are outland, it is very hard to predict the exact timeline to finish the whole steps...in regular the processing time is generally applicable for the inland applicants...

armaan2008

Dec 14, 2019
your country of residence and travelled how many countries? if you travelled too many countries may be thats the reason for delay.

Lucas456

Jul 5, 2023
Inland applicant - Security scrrening started in July 2023.

I am staying in canada since 2019. I never went to my home country (INDIA). I was 18 years old when i came to canada. I never did any trtavels except come to canada and no visa refusals. I am not sure why i am stuck in security. It has been 7 months. I called IRCC many times they said we dont have timeline. I am really frustrated. I APPLIED UNDER ATLANTIC IMMIGRATION PROGRAM NOVASCOTIA JANUARY 2023. It has been 13 months and processing time is only 6 months.

I recieved gcm notes from Ircc.
Eligibility - passed
medical - passed
Info sharing - complete
Criminality - not started as per gcm it is already passed but officer marked it as pending.

I have S (15)1 and S (16) 1 (c). in my eligibility section
Integrated search : blank
I know s 15 is because of security not sure s 16 in eligibilty section and integrated search is blank too

Could please somebody help

apollonoob

Star Member
Nov 16, 2020
Inland applicant - Security scrrening started in July 2023.

I am staying in canada since 2019. I never went to my home country (INDIA). I was 18 years old when i came to canada. I never did any trtavels except come to canada and no visa refusals. I am not sure why i am stuck in security. It has been 7 months. I called IRCC many times they said we dont have timeline. I am really frustrated. I APPLIED UNDER ATLANTIC IMMIGRATION PROGRAM NOVASCOTIA JANUARY 2023. It has been 13 months and processing time is only 6 months.

I recieved gcm notes from Ircc.
Eligibility - passed
medical - passed
Info sharing - complete
Criminality - not started as per gcm it is already passed but officer marked it as pending.

I have S (15)1 and S (16) 1 (c). in my eligibility section
Integrated search : blank
I know s 15 is because of security not sure s 16 in eligibilty section and integrated search is blank too

Could please somebody help
I don't know if telling you my experience would make you feel better. I applied through FSW stream in express entry program in November 2020. And still waiting