+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

vanillabean

Star Member
Jun 29, 2023
The BGC will change twice. First when your criminality is in progress, which is fairly early in the application, and then will go back to not applicable. It will then again change to in progress, after eligibility has been passed and when security screening is in progress. This is usually at the end of the application processing.

If your application BGC has seen a change twice, then your application is nearing an end.
Hi there, my eligibility is recommended passed from May 30 and my background check changed to “we are processing “ on July 14 but when I called on July 26 they said eligibility hadn’t been passed by a final officer yet.

Is it possible my eligibility was finally passed but the ircc agent can’t see it on their end?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hello i am in the same boat. I have applied for citizenship and i ordered cbsa notes and it says CIT CSIS Screening - Pending results. There has been no movement since last 5 months. Is there something i can do or just keep on waiting? Security Clearance - In progress since March as well.

MJHamedi

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Guys I have attached a photo from security section of my gcms note.
https://ibb.co/bKKD5XP
The latest note is ‘’ security data entry completed and submitted’’ and the status is: PS-Sec-Pend which assigned to an officer which I can see his administrative code.

Do you think they sent me to comprehensive security screening?! Since I saw a guy gcms note which had the note ‘’ security data entry completed and submitted’’ and they sent him for comprehensive ss.
But as per the security section, I cannot see any act or name of cbsa or csis.

MFC123

Nov 7, 2023
Update: Turns out CSIS is investigating me as well :mad: I plan to file for mandamus early next year, when the application is a year old and the screening eight months old
How did you find out they were also screening you? My CBSA notes only mention that it is in progress for my spouse and there is a blank in my sub-activity status.

MFC123

Nov 7, 2023
Does anyone have a guide/forum so I can interpret the CBSA notes? meaning due dates, blanks, dates that show up.
AOR:Nov 5, 2022
Eligibility passed
criminality: passed
Medicals Passed
Inland-FSW
PA + 1DepA (Spouse)

Chefskiss

Star Member
Sep 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-08-2022
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Med's Done....
14-09-2022
My file has been stuck at security since Feb 2023. In my CBSA notes under security it mentions "Previous review validity has expired. C-check in progress". Does anyone know what that means?

TIA

Chefskiss

Star Member
Sep 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
30-08-2022
AOR Received.
30-11-2022
Med's Done....
14-09-2022
Update: Turns out CSIS is investigating me as well :mad: I plan to file for mandamus early next year, when the application is a year old and the screening eight months old
How did you find this out? Also any movement on your file?