+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

FurqanM

Apr 11, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
how to order GCMS notes outside of Canada?
I have previously used tgcmsnotes.com and getgcms.com previously and had a good experience. There are various other websites that help get the notes as well.

Reactions: trkm93

FurqanM

Apr 11, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
can order from outside Canada?
Yes, I ordered from Pakistan. Actually, these service providers are based in Canada and they order on your behalf. You give your consent for them to apply for notes on your behalf.

MD1990FSW

Nov 10, 2021
Hi! Yes, that’s confirmation that your application is undergoing additional background checks and what this forum refers to as comprehensive security screening. Check your CBSA notes to determine when your security screening start date is. It takes anywhere from 3 months to over a year after that for it to process. There’s nothing that you can do to expedite this but once you pass this step, it’s almost guaranteed your application will be finalized. Good luck! I am in the same boat since October 2022 (coming up on 6 months).
Hi @ma2021,

Just had Background Verification as completed on the tracker for me and my wife, it is still in progress for my 4 month baby. Hopefully thing are moving for you too.

ma2021

Aug 13, 2021
Hi @ma2021,

Just had Background Verification as completed on the tracker for me and my wife, it is still in progress for my 4 month baby. Hopefully thing are moving for you too.
Hi there! Congrats! Very exciting news for you and your family :) Thanks for the update; certainly gives me hope (no change yet). Best of luck with the remaining steps and safe travels to Canada!

Ash05

Oct 26, 2018
Security Assesment/Advise-CSIS PPU 005- A search of this bank was conducted and no personal information concerning you was located.

What is the meaning of this?

battylife

Apr 16, 2023
Security Assesment/Advise-CSIS PPU 005- A search of this bank was conducted and no personal information concerning you was located.

What is the meaning of this?
It means you're not under security screening by CSIS, but might or might not be under screening by CBSA or RCMP, which generally take less time. Congratulations!

Unless IRCC didn't even start the background verification process...

Reactions: Ash05

battylife

Apr 16, 2023
Dear @legalfalcon,

I received another copy of my CBSA notes today. It says AD17898 sent me to security screening on May 10. Summary of Exemptions lists 19(1)(a), 21 and 22(1)(b) of the Privacy Act. There is only one sub-activity and no redacted pages - it says "Received by CBSA" and updated by EAISTS 3 minutes after initiation. AD17898 searched the CBSA database about me on May 17.

Is it possible for CSIS to still be involved? It has been a month and my CSIS notes have not arrived.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon,

I received another copy of my CBSA notes today. It says AD17898 sent me to security screening on May 10. Summary of Exemptions lists 19(1)(a), 21 and 22(1)(b). There is only one sub-activity and no redacted pages - it says "Received by CBSA" and updated by EAISTS 3 minutes after initiation. AD17898 searched the CBSA database about me on May 17.

Is it possible for CSIS to still be involved? It has been a month and my CSIS notes have not arrived.

Thank you!
Yes, it is possible for CSIS to still be involved in your immigration application. The fact that you have not received your CSIS notes yet does not mean that CSIS is not still conducting a security screening.

The exemptions listed in your CBSA notes indicate that CSIS may be involved in your security screening. Section 19(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) allows CSIS to share information with CBSA for the purpose of conducting a security screening. Section 21 of the IRPA allows CSIS to collect information about individuals who are applying for immigration to Canada. Section 22(1)(b) of the IRPA allows CSIS to share information with CBSA about individuals who are considered to be a threat to national security.

The fact that AD17898 searched the CBSA database about you on May 17 suggests that CSIS may still be involved in your security screening. Immigration Officers are responsible for conducting security screenings on individuals who are applying for immigration to Canada.

The length of time it takes for CSIS to complete a security screening can vary depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the case and the amount of information that CSIS needs to collect. In some cases, it can take several months for CSIS to complete a security screening.

I hope this information is helpful.

Reactions: VLiu and battylife