+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes say PR approved in January, but no COPR/PPR letters or communication from IRCC

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
VO Ottawa. There is no print queue. I do see COPR/counterfoil generated though, but no idea what is holding the PPR.
Is the CoPR and counterfoil the same? I've seen CoPR in my GCMS but not any counterfoil docs.

AV2791

Aug 13, 2020
Hi All,

Well we ordered GCMS notes in the month of November which we recently received, as per the notes our file is approved in the month of September where secondary office is mentioned: New Delhi . It also shows COPR/ COUNTERFOIL are issued but the status is mentioned as not started. We are worried since the COPR and Approval date was month of September, we might have missed out PPR request. If a PPR is issued is it mentioned on the GCMS notes? and which page should we check for the same. Please advice

Reactions: Naveenandtina
Dec 24, 2020
I have a similar case:
The PR was approved since Oct 5th and the CoPR was issued at CPC-Ottawa but there was no issue date and it says the status is "not started" but the expiry date for the CoPR is March 27th 2021.
I spoke with a CIC agent to have more clarity. He explained that it's normal for CoPR to have a "not started" status and an expiration date to be set even though it has not been issued. The expiration date is the expiration date of your medical. The CoPR has not been issued because there are still travel restrictions in place. Even if they issue it today, you cannot travel to Canada because of the restrictions. So the only option is to wait for it to be issued. If the CoPR expires before it is issued, they will make accommodations for anyone affected.
I hope this helps. Cheers and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Reactions: AV2791

Mayurmalhotra

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
I have a similar case:
The PR was approved since Oct 5th and the CoPR was issued at CPC-Ottawa but there was no issue date and it says the status is "not started" but the expiry date for the CoPR is March 27th 2021.
I spoke with a CIC agent to have more clarity. He explained that it's normal for CoPR to have a "not started" status and an expiration date to be set even though it has not been issued. The expiration date is the expiration date of your medical. The CoPR has not been issued because there are still travel restrictions in place. Even if they issue it today, you cannot travel to Canada because of the restrictions. So the only option is to wait for it to be issued. If the CoPR expires before it is issued, they will make accommodations for anyone affected.
I hope this helps. Cheers and Merry Christmas to everyone.
I got same case file approved on 14 oct but no copr.bit i am inland applicant but i dont understand why not issuing to copr who are inland

Reactions: Pgill2609

Prakashankar

Nov 22, 2016
Hey there,

I'm in Canada, received a status update on my CIC portal that my application for PR is approved. It shows copr document number both for myself & my wife. But I don't see any document attached on the secure message section neither I received email checked my junk folder too. I'm not sure how long will it take to receive my COPR. Would appreciate if someone could give me a rough estimate on the timeline to get my PR card & please advise what should I do in terms of next step to get my PR card. I have some travel plans for this year so kind of stuck with ongoing process.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Prakash

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
I wanted to prove that I am currently a resident in a Canada because I applied Outland but currently live in Canada. Two days after the webform, they started processing my CoPR. It’s been a month for me and still no CoPR.
What documents did you provide to show this? I will also need to do that soon.

silentsunami

Aug 8, 2020
Hi All,
Currently i'm in the same situation, appliy through CEC inland. GCMS notes said application approved on 8 Oct 2020 but i haven't get COPR. I had travel back to my home country due to family matter, this might be the reason of the delay.I had also changed my residence address to my home country.

One question, can i raised a webform asking immigration Canada to issue PPR through the nearest VO? Many thanks

Last edited:

SBANTYMANY

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Hello Hassan,

I am in a similar situation. AOR Mar 2020, Application approved per GCMS notes on Oct 01, 2020 but no PPR. Also, I see a counterfoil and COPR details on my notes.

Is it ok to send these details in Webform and ask ? Also, would really appreciate if you can share the content of webform which you raised.

Thanks.
Hello , I got DM on oct 19 and waiting for COPR.... received my gums notes yesterday and found copr number in copr section. File location: Sydney and it says to be printed at CPCO.

The problem is Sydney office generated my copr but is not printed and not delivered to me. File is not getting transferred to local visa office. COPR expiry is Feb 25,2021 which is my medical validity as well.

Did you send a webform? Did you get your COPR?

Aspirant2506

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Hello , I got DM on oct 19 and waiting for COPR.... received my gums notes yesterday and found copr number in copr section. File location: Sydney and it says to be printed at CPCO.

The problem is Sydney office generated my copr but is not printed and not delivered to me. File is not getting transferred to local visa office. COPR expiry is Feb 25,2021 which is my medical validity as well.

Did you send a webform? Did you get your COPR?
I did and got same old response "In Progress". Still waiting on PPR.

Raf2021

Jan 25, 2021
I'm in the same situation (CEC in-land). My file was approved on Oct 10, 2020 according to GCMS notes. No COPR so far (it is in the queue PQ-9515-COPR, but "not started").

Last edited:

Elizabeth178

Star Member
Jun 17, 2020
Anyone got any updates?
Mine is AOR 27th Oct, IRCC agent says the application is approved on 12th March.and I will be contacted as soon as possible.
I do not see any updates in profile (its stills showing in progress).
Hellooo,

Have you got your decision? I am on the same boat.. call centre agent told visa approved but no changes in portal..
Why this happens??