+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes say PR approved in January, but no COPR/PPR letters or communication from IRCC

Alley1

Jul 13, 2020
Same is the case with me. Mine was approved on 13th march and copr and counterfoil was generated.

Did you get PPR? What would you suggest me to do?
I contacted CIC in May (medicals were expiring) and they said its still in progress.
I came to know from a second set of CBSA notes that my application was approved on 01 Oct 2019. Even a visa number (upper and lower line details) were mentioned and also the authorizations document. Last thing it shows was (print sequence) and then nothing. Document Issuance shows "Not Started", so clearly someone slept off.
After getting to know of all of this, however, I contacted them again in June. This time I got two responses; the first said that "A ready for visa mail was sent to your linked account on 02 October" and "we have forwarded your request to the relevant officer". I received no email and no update in my CIC account.
The second mail says "We can confirm that the previous agent forwarded your case to the relevant officer on 25 June and we invite you to contact us if you do not receive additional information or a decision by 25 July 2020".
So now I'm sitting and waiting again. Just to compound the misery, the last visa and COPR documents (and my medicals) were valid till 15 May 2020. I have been waiting since August 2018......

Does anyone have any idea if they've started issuing PPR's again for FSW(O) category??
I have same issues. Recently recieved my Gcms notes and it states application approved since April, visa and copr are in the notes but I have not received PPR. I contacted cic and got a response that they are short staffed due to covid and will be contacting me very soon. It's been about 3weeks now but still nothing. Profile has not changed either. Do I need to contact them again? It shows in the notes that Visa will expire Aug 1st 2020.

Tenzintenzin

Oct 24, 2018
hellow... i am canadian sponsoring my wife from india.. she done with medical and biometric in January 2020.. on gc keys it saying we are processing applications... my question is that can I apply GCMS notes to know details or just wait for their email.. i know it covid19 but it been more then 6 months after medical and biometric recieved on applications.. please reply me if you have some knowledge

btzsa

Jul 20, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
08 May 2019
AOR Received.
18 Aug 2018
Med's Request
08 May 2019
Med's Done....
12 May 2019
Passport Req..
08-12-2020
I fear we all face the very real situation of limbo..
As of now, international travel for "non-essential" purposes is not happening, and the way I see it, till that changes we are going to be waiting.
The truly sad part of it is that we stand to suffer at the hands of inept leadership as they continue to bungle up management of COVID-19 in our respective countries.
As a sequence of events, we could expect a lifting of travel restrictions first (subject to control over the situation in various countries). After that, perhaps they would continue processing of our applications, most likely ask for another medical and then complete the procedure.
The good news is that there was an all stream Express Entry Draw about a week ago; perhaps a sign of positive change. They may look to clear the backlog (the likes of us) before getting to the new cases. That being said, cautious optimism is probably the way to go. I think one may need to accept that this will take till October to get resolved at the very least.
It's pointless to expect them to give decision when there is no office to complete the documentation process. They know the status, as do most of us as well. For them to say "Your application is approved" without having the means to further process the case is just opening a fresh can of worms. Pray what would be the point of that?
So yeah; one can only hope that VACs open soon. That may be followed by some "Decisions" from CIC.
As for contacting CIC, well I will be doing that... regularly.... It is a truism that "out of sight is out of mind" and I would like to keep my case fresh on their minds.

Good luck guys

(P.S- We lot have a taste of what purgatory is like. One can only hope it isn't eternal)

chiragjoshi

Star Member
Jan 23, 2018
Hi there

My situation is also similar to all of you. I received a remedical request on 9 April 2020 and after sharing the same, My application was approved on 15 April 2020. I can see in Gcms notes that COPR document is in printing queue.

My timeline is

23 March 2018 - OINP application submitted
14 June 2018 - Nomintion received
29 June 2018 - AOR
23 August 2018 - Background check started
13 March 2019 - file transferred to NDVO
9 April 2020 - Remedical request received
15 April 2020 - Application approved after the submission of medicals.

CanadaPleaseListen

Aug 14, 2020
Thank-you for raising this thread. I just got my GCMS notes. Turns out I had been approved since October of 2019 COPR is on the queue ( don't understand how long the queue can get...we're in June!!!). I also discovered that the wrong details have been put as my passport details...my medical expire in September, so the landing visa is valid till September. I sent a web form immediately. I'm expecting their feedback.
I have almost same case. What’s the update in yours now?

Shamrock16

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Same situation, but as I know being held the COPR is because the applicant or one of family members is oversea (outside of Canada). My case is my spouse is currently oversea. What is your case guys? Where are you and your family members are currently? Let's draw a pattern.

Alley1

Jul 13, 2020
Same situation, but as I know being held the COPR is because the applicant or one of family members is oversea (outside of Canada). My case is my spouse is currently oversea. What is your case guys? Where are you and your family members are currently? Let's draw a pattern.
My whole family is in Nigeria. The last time I wrote them, the response was that they're short staff due to the pandemic and they're trying to get most applications done as fast as possible... In my notes it says visa expires Aug 8th, I guess that doesn't matter anymore, they will definitely come up with something. Medicals are expired as well, dunno if I should go for another medicals.

Reactions: Shamrock16

CanadaPleaseListen

Aug 14, 2020
My parents are in India with me and my brother is in Canada on study vis, now work permit.

Reactions: Shamrock16

can.alb

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
I am 2017 applicant. added my wife in March 2019. Got medical request in April 2020 but due to covid couldn't get medicals done. Did medical in July 2020. medical passed July 2020. Contacted cic and they told everything is done on my file and officer needs to approve your application and send virtual landing email or something. received nothing till today.
file is in etobicoke office. Is there anyone in the same boat as me? waiting for finalization? thanks

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
I am 2017 applicant. added my wife in March 2019. Got medical request in April 2020 but due to covid couldn't get medicals done. Did medical in July 2020. medical passed July 2020. Contacted cic and they told everything is done on my file and officer needs to approve your application and send virtual landing email or something. received nothing till today.
file is in etobicoke office. Is there anyone in the same boat as me? waiting for finalization? thanks
Yes I am waiting for the finalising of the application.