+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCKEY Background check not applicable?

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Mine same. All of my statuses have been in progress from the start, and only background checks changed to not applicable.

I saw in another thread the same has happened to others after the system update
Hi any update on PPR after background changed to NA? Min also changed so wondering how long would it take

Reactions: Manvir97

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
Our Background was listed as Not Applicable on GCKey and In Progress on the PR Portal. It turns out Not Applicable for us meant it was In Progress because we got PPR a couple months after Not Applicable showed up.

D

Deleted member 981115

Hi everyone, my background changed on gc key from N/A to “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.” My UCI was linked on August 22. Does this mean anything? I am CEC single applicant inland.

VLiu

Star Member
Jun 4, 2023
My GCKey background check status is currently marked as "Not Applicable," but on the PR tracker, it has been showing as "In Progress" for the past three months. Additionally, the eligibility status on GCKey still indicates "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" even though it shows as "completed" on the PR tracker. Interestingly, I received a Pre-arrival letter and AIP on June 29. I have concerns that I might have triggered an extended security screening, which could potentially last for one or even two years. This is quite worrisome for me, as I've heard that more people have been experiencing extended security screenings recently.

canadapro

Jan 9, 2023
My GCKey background check status is currently marked as "Not Applicable," but on the PR tracker, it has been showing as "In Progress" for the past three months. Additionally, the eligibility status on GCKey still indicates "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" even though it shows as "completed" on the PR tracker. Interestingly, I received a Pre-arrival letter and AIP on June 29. I have concerns that I might have triggered an extended security screening, which could potentially last for one or even two years. This is quite worrisome for me, as I've heard that more people have been experiencing extended security screenings recently.
I have similar situation, I received PAL and medical passed in March, background is N/A in GCKey and in process in the Tracker since April..

fordwm

Sep 24, 2023
I submitted my PR application in September 2021 and my security screening began in December 2021. On the same day, the message in the Background check section in my GIC account changed to "We are processing your background check. We will ...." In the next 16 months, there were no updates in my account. I requested CBSA and CSIS notes. They showed that I was in security screening. In CSIS note of March, it showed my wife's security screening has been completed. On May 8, the message in the Background check section in my GIC account changed to "Not applicable". I am not sure whether it means it is NA3. I called IRCC in June and they told me my background check was still in progress.

Do you think what this "Not applicable" means? Is this NA3? I really hope my background check will be completed as soon as possible. It has taken me 18 months to do it!!! So frustrating!
Have you had any update in your application up to now?