+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Why do people think getting PR in Germany is easy? Yes, in theory you just need education there, ans a job offer (with a minimum threshold of yearly €uros), but to get a job there you will likely need at least a B2 or even C1 in German language knowledge.
In paper seems easy, just an eligible job offer and that's it, but practically getting an offer without the knowledge of the language seems rough

UK not very familiar with the system, but I think you need a few years working there with a work visa, then move to PR
Canada, even without the current FSW draws is, and Everything stopped, is way more accessible than any other developed country. No way it is comparable with the USA lol
Well you are going to need an emplyoer sponsorship aka T2 working visa, and work for 5 years in order to apply for PR. Or if you have family there you can apply for family visa. I was thinking about applying for family visa this month

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Right now, right on this day, there are no ways to immigrate to Canada from abroad; it's quite like the USA.
Yes there are none but that is not unique to Canada. Outside immigration is also not happening in Aus and NZ which were relatively equivalent in terms of immigration from outside to Canada. There is absolutely no comparison to USA. Canada can't compete with USA. If the level of difficulty to immigrate to USA was same as Canada .. quite a few on this forum would have never even applied to Canada.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Yes there are none but that is not unique to Canada. Outside immigration is also not happening in Aus and NZ which were relatively equivalent in terms of immigration from outside to Canada. There is absolutely no comparison to USA. Canada can't compete with USA. If the level of difficulty to immigrate to USA was same as Canada .. quite a few on this forum would have never even applied to Canada.
We're not comparing Canada or others against the USA; but the EU. As I said, nothing beats Canada's pre-pandemic outland immigration system. But what we currently have in effect right now is closer to what's in the US. Aus and NZ are the same; they became dead investments for immigrants. The only attractive options are in the EU right now, if Canada doesn't wanna go back to normal any time soon.

I can't quite be bothered with what Canada's outland immigration was once, if there's absolutely zero outland immigration right now, right? Like look at us, we're all bunch of young and skilled, high-CRS people over here waiting either for an AOR or PPR for more than a year while 45+ 50+ year olds with B2 IELTS get their PR cards in 3 months. What's there to discuss?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
We're not comparing Canada or others against the USA; but the EU. As I said, nothing beats Canada's pre-pandemic outland immigration system. But what we currently have in effect right now is closer to what's in the US. Aus and NZ are the same; they became dead investments for immigrants. The only attractive options are in the EU right now, if Canada doesn't wanna go back to normal any time soon.
Fair but you made two points

1. EU system right now is better than Canada - I don't have enough knowledge on the matter so if you are saying immigration to Germany is easy may be it is. No contest.

2. Your second point was Canada will lose out on immigrants - This is where I (and I think others) kind of disagree and have said it won't matter because Canada will still have enough supply if and when they chose to restart FSW.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
If you take a look at the number of candidates in the 480-1200 region of the pool, it's a safe bet to assume you will be drawn in the first draw. Especially if they issue the same 6,000 ITAs they've been issuing for sometime - bar the last two draws.
I think there are just above 7,500 candidates with a CRS of 480+ in the pool. We will certainly not make the first draw if 6000 invites are issued hehehe

D

Deleted member 1050918

1. EU system right now is better than Canada - I don't have enough knowledge on the matter so if you are saying immigration to Germany is easy may be it is. No contest.

2. Your second point was Canada will lose out on immigrants - This is where I (and I think others) kind of disagree and have said it won't matter because Canada will still have enough supply if and when they chose to restart FSW.
Looks like I was misunderstood. Here;

1. I didn't mean EU is better now. If Canada officially retires the outland options, then yes, EU becomes better in the long run.
2. I didn't mean Canada won't ever find immigrants at all; even the US does. I meant Canada would only find people accepting the education route and see a drop in the number of skilled professionals wanting to migrate to Canada. That is because skilled professionals usually don't wanna drop their careers and go back to school just for a PR. If they really had to, EU provides better education pathways (research the STEM market EU vs Canada then you'll see why I said this).

You're talking about the case where FSW is back. When FSW is back, nothing beats Canada. FSW is the best option for any skilled professional.

Reactions: cansha

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018

i agree with you on second point, Well there are many international students graduating each year in canada. If Canada wants young and educated immigrants, they can just simply increase the quota of that TR to PR pathway again

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

I can't quite be bothered with what Canada's outland immigration was once, if there's absolutely zero outland immigration right now, right? Like look at us, we're all bunch of young and skilled, high-CRS people over here waiting either for an AOR or PPR for more than a year while 45+ 50+ year olds with B2 IELTS get their PR cards in 3 months. What's there to discuss?
An article popped up in my FB feed yesterday about "severe" lack of labour in Australia in some occupations and it was referring to this link:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/employing-and-sponsoring-someone/sponsoring-workers/pmsol

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Of course people won't change their minds overnight. And still, despite the long pause, the outland routes are officially in effect. However, if it was officially announced that the outland routes were paused for good, things would've been different. Would majority of outland candidates switch to the education route in that case? Maybe, but I think not.
Even if people are going to choose the study route, Canada won't be topping the list for many. UK approves study permit under 3months. Tops, you only need to keep your POF for 28days before you apply - once tuition have been sorted. The path to PR perks is what's dragging almost everyone to Canada.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Even if people are going to choose the study route, Canada won't be topping the list for many.
Agreed; what I tried to explain before. If all immigration options in the world was through education pathways, there are many better education options than Canada's education options.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Well said.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
One thing I don't understand is why a system like LMIA exists and not allowing employers to hire people from outside freely. I think this is the main reason why Canada need high levels of immigration every year.