+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

Interesting, in your opinion which countries provide a better study route for PR compared to Canada?
Mod jumped on my post for some reason, I'll remove the link and repost, you're gonna need to google it:

Germany, then UK. For STEM and in Germany, you spend 1.5 - 2 years in MSc then find a job and work for 2 years to get your PR: [there was a link here]

Now one might say Canada's education route is better since you only need to work for 1 year following graduation. To arrive at a final decision, one must also consider:

1. The STEM job market in Germany (far better than Canada with usually better pay, far easier to find a skilled job, no need for "German experience")
2. Cost of living and education (considerably less than Canada)
3. Industry involvement during MSc studies (in Canada you can only be a student, in Germany you may be able to write your thesis at a company and keep your industrial career)

For a skilled professional Germany wins hands down if Canada only offers education pathways. I wouldn't go further away across the globe just to pay a whole lot more money and be branded a "student", kill my career for a whole 2 years, only to be in doubt I'd find a skilled job after spending that kind of time and money. The only reason Germany isn't dominating the whole global immigration market is because they don't need as many immigrants. There's also the factor of English/German. It is generally far easier to build a better career in Germany for STEM people.

Nothing beats FSW though.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Jid1234567

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Mod jumped on my post for some reason, I'll remove the link and repost, you're gonna need to google it:

Germany, then UK. For STEM and in Germany, you spend 1.5 - 2 years in MSc then find a job and work for 2 years to get your PR: [there was a link here]

Now one might say Canada's education route is better since you only need to work for 1 year following graduation. To arrive at a final decision, one must also consider:

1. The STEM job market in Germany (far better than Canada with usually better pay, far easier to find a skilled job, no need for "German experience")
2. Cost of living and education (considerably less than Canada)
3. Industry involvement during MSc studies (in Canada you can only be a student, in Germany you may be able to write your thesis at a company and keep your industrial career)

For a skilled professional Germany wins hands down if Canada only offers education pathways. I wouldn't go further away across the globe just to pay a whole lot more money and be branded a "student", kill my career for a whole 2 years, only to be in doubt I'd find a skilled job after spending that kind of time and money. The only reason Germany isn't dominating the whole global immigration market is because they don't need as many immigrants. There's also the factor of English/German. It is generally far easier to build a better career in Germany for STEM people.

Nothing beats FSW though.
For Germany tho I think you will have to be fluent in the language to a certain level before u can get a reasonable job offer. So one has to also consider the time that goes into learning the language and being fluent in it to a certain level.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14
D

Deleted member 1050918

For Germany tho I think you will have to be fluent in the language to a certain level before u can get a reasonable job offer. So one has to also consider the time that goes into learning the language and being fluent in it to a certain level.
Yeah you need B2 in German. Still better than PGWP->CEC if you ask me. Much cheaper, arguably less problematic after graduation. One could take evening classes and get their German up to B2 while studying.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Yeah you need B2 in German. Still better than PGWP->CEC if you ask me. Much cheaper, arguably less problematic after graduation. One could take evening classes and get their German up to B2 while studying.
Probably easier to get B2 in French than B2 in German tho

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I didn’t even realize I’m now a hero member again. From almost becoming a champion member (when previous thread got deleted) back to newbie and here I am again lol
Thanks guys for the reactions hehehe
Hahaha. The long road to becoming a champion member starts now... :D

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Interesting. What are they waiting for then? They can always go back to accepting immigrants.
Anti immigrant groups blamed immigration for all that’s bad(like housing) and people bought it. Only when anti immigration policies start damaging them, will they resume accepting immigrants.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Anti immigrant groups blamed immigration for all that’s bad(like housing) and people bought it. Only when anti immigration policies start damaging them, will they resume accepting immigrants.
I'm glad I've never even considered Aus/Nz for immigration.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I'm glad I've never even considered Aus/Nz for immigration.
So am I. Australia/Nz has never appealed to me to go there even as a visitor. I have considered Nz for traveling maybe but Australia just seems to me like a barren land with some nice beaches but that's it.
If I could easily change my passport in any European country, I would have preferred it over Canada.

Reactions: Kiran Jayachandran
D

Deleted member 1050918

With this backlashing, one thing is sure..They wont do all program draw. Sadly :(
Why wouldn't they? They have an even bigger 2022 target in front of them and any draw after August/September will be for 2022. If IRCC waits to deal with the backlog first, they'll miss next year's target. Also, having a backlog doesn't affect the officers or IRCC at all, it only affects the applicants, they end up having to wait more.

We might not see any draws in August because CEC apps in August can still get PPR before the year ends. Also IRCC is probably busy with study visa apps before the school term begins in September. Don't worry about backlog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jaycejay
D

Deleted member 1050918

Anyone heard of this leaked memo thing?
I don't know how reliable is this.
Yeah it was already shared here. If it is true then I see no reason why IRCC isn't already raining PPRs since CoPRs are now exempt from restrictions. Logic seems to be long gone in IRCC's operations. Tourists will start entering Canada in a week and look at the stuff we're talking about.