+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

I think they will once covid settles down. May be Australians are more vocal against immigration than Canadians in this pandemic and the Australian government had to shut it down because of that. I know nothing about Australian immigration.
I doubt covid will ever settle down, it's like looking at the number of flu cases and freaking out. In my opinion waiting for covid to end is like waiting for flu to end. Lucky for us we're not the ones in "severe" need of skilled people.

I hope Canada is smarter than Aus and NZ and gets back on with FSW on Aug 4.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I think there are just above 7,500 candidates with a CRS of 480+ in the pool. We will certainly not make the first draw if 6000 invites are issued hehehe
7,500? Wow. We don't know the number of PNPs and CECs that left in the last draw but I reckon they won't be up to 2,000 so the second all programs draw seems the safest bet for you guys. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Saurabh3300

Star Member
Jan 4, 2021
One thing I don't understand is why a system like LMIA exists and not allowing employers to hire people from outside freely. I think this is the main reason why Canada need high levels of immigration every year.
IMO relaxing LMIA requirements would create a backdoor for the existing system (at least for the pre-COVID one)
Candidates who are not so skilled will be able to source job offers from startups making it unfair for other candidates with an otherwise high score

Jid1234567

Star Member
May 25, 2021
True. To be on the safer side.
Yeah I have a Cameroonian friend that had similar issue. She was asked for a LOE
If you take a look at the number of candidates in the 480-1200 region of the pool, it's a safe bet to assume you will be drawn in the first draw. Especially if they issue the same 6,000 ITAs they've been issuing for sometime - bar the last two draws.

The idea of using a Domiciliary account is a good one. I used a dom account as well and it sailed easy. Just put enough buffer to accommodate potential fluctuations between USD and CAD. You will be fine.

They will not issue a letter of non-indebtedness for Dom account but they will issue a reference letter. So yea, the gift deed, statement of account showing the inflow and reference letter with a succinct letter of explanation will work just fine.
God bless

Reactions: Jaycejay

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
IMO relaxing LMIA requirements would create a backdoor for the existing system (at least for the pre-COVID one)
Candidates who are not so skilled will be able to source job offers from startups making it unfair for other candidates with an otherwise high score
They could have created a system like express entry long ago and let employers hire people in jobs where there is a shortage with temporary work permits and then there would be no need of express entry and huge number of immigrants like it is now.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I didn’t even realize I’m now a hero member again. From almost becoming a champion member (when previous thread got deleted) back to newbie and here I am again lol
Thanks guys for the reactions hehehe

If you don't make it t Canada, you can take comfort from knowing you are a champion member of Canadavisa forum ;) JK

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Agreed; what I tried to explain before. If all immigration options in the world was through education pathways, there are many better education options than Canada's education options.
Interesting, in your opinion which countries provide a better study route for PR compared to Canada?

D

Deleted member 1050918

Interesting, in your opinion which countries provide a better study route for PR compared to Canada?
Germany, then UK. For STEM and in Germany, you spend 1.5 - 2 years in MSc then find a job and work for 2 years to get your PR: https://www.germany-visa.org/immigration-residence-permit/settlement-permit-for-foreign-graduates-of-german-universities/#:~:text=To qualify for this settlement,or an EU Blue Card.

Now one might say Canada's education route is better since you only need to work for 1 year following graduation. To arrive at a final decision, one must also consider:

1. The STEM job market in Germany (far better than Canada with usually better pay, far easier to find a skilled job, no need for "German experience")
2. Cost of living and education (considerably less than Canada)
3. Industry involvement during MSc studies (in Canada you can only be a student, in Germany you may be able to write your thesis at a company and keep your industrial career)

For a skilled professional Germany wins hands down if Canada only offers education pathways. I wouldn't go further away across the globe just to pay a whole lot more money and be branded a "student", kill my career for a whole 2 years, only to be in doubt I'd find a skilled job after spending that kind of time and money. The only reason Germany isn't dominating the whole global immigration market is because they don't need as many immigrants. There's also the factor of English/German. It is generally far easier to build a better career in Germany for STEM people.

Nothing beats FSW though.