+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

While reading that article, a particular section caught my attention

’One of the things they could do, she said, is to automatically renew immigration applicants’ expired documents.

Requiring people to scramble to update outdated documents during a pandemic may buy Ottawa time, she noted, but it won’t solve the crisis and is going to further agonize immigration applicants.

“To this day, it is a mystery to me why the government has insisted on contacting each individual with an expired or expiring permanent resident visa to see if they still wanted to come to Canada, instead of just automatically renewing it,” Kwan said.

“Why did they do that? Why did they spend all those resources doing that instead of putting it into processing applications? They need to adopt an approach that’s not so rigid.”
Sometimes I wonder if IRCC has ever heard of the thing called a virtual database. They do so many things manually which could easily be done automatically with a few lines of computer code. In terms of information tech, IRCC is quite a many years behind.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Sometimes I wonder if IRCC has ever heard of the thing called a virtual database. They do so many things manually which could easily be done automatically with a few lines of computer code. In terms of information tech, IRCC is quite a many years behind.
I recently heard they are planning to invest in IT to help expedite application processing; how true?

Reactions: Tristan-XI
D

Deleted member 1050918

I recently heard they are planning to invest in IT to help expedite application processing; how true?
The minister said the same. Probably true but getting it up and running will probably take till 2023. By the way, I don't think backlogs matter to IRCC all too much. As we see, they just keep inviting. The 6 months processing time is a funny old joke now, and I believe prospective applicants and candidates see the situation with Canadian immigration. I wonder if the current situation turned some (less desperate) candidates to other options. IRCC has been damaging their reputation for months now. Right now, Germany and the UK are equally "safe" options if one has the ability to follow the education route. Well, in practise, Canada doesn't have any other route other than education right now anyway.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Well, some toiled to get a competitive score and are now losing crucial points. We all will cry if we are in that position
I totally understand but the guy in the article says "life is at a standstill" because of no draws, what would they be doing if there was no immigration to Canada? Not immigrating does not affect your daily life in any way, such a stupid mindset really.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Hossam777

May 13, 2021
I totally understand but the guy in the article says "life is at a standstill" because of no draws, what would they be doing if there was no immigration to Canada? Not immigrating does not affect your daily life in any way, such a stupid mindset really.
It affects your daily life if you've invested alot of time, money, and energy waiting for a draw :):)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It affects your daily life if you've invested alot of time, money, and energy waiting for a draw :):)
Sure but nobody asked you to do that and blaming some foreign government of affecting your daily life is real stupid, they just don't care :D :D

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
In the last FSW thread that got deleted i read shocking stories of a few people whose last and only option is to immigrate. Some countries are really a time bomb

D

Deleted member 1050918

Sure but nobody asked you to do that and blaming some foreign government of affecting your daily life is real stupid, they just don't care :D :D
They do care about their image and reputation though. Canada attracts immigrants because people believe the procedures are welcoming and relatively fast. Canada would lose skilled immigrants to other countries if people started to think Canadian immigration is expensive, long, and painful.

Personally, I'd be okay with waiting 2 years on an AOR. Fear of losing age points puts a lot of pressure. The option to devote 6-12 months to French and get a good boost helps manage that stress but still. Hope they invite all of us soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1006777

They do care about their image and reputation though. Canada attracts immigrants because people believe the procedures are welcoming and relatively fast. Canada would lose skilled immigrants to other countries if people started to think Canadian immigration is expensive, long, and painful.
No they would not lose anything. There will always be a near endless supply of people wanting to immigrate there, because like it or not, despite how incompetent IRCC is, the canadian system is still the most accessible immigration system of any developed country. By far.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Even if that happens, I am sure people will flock to the country given the chance no matter what.

In the last FSW thread that got deleted i read shocking stories of a few people whose last and only option is to immigrate. Some countries are really a time bomb
Yeah, I read too but the point I am trying to make is immigration is not a given and nobody should rely on 100% like some people are.

Reactions: Jaycejay
D

Deleted member 1050918

No they would not lose anything. There will always be a near endless supply of people wanting to immigrate there, because like it or not, despite how incompetent IRCC is, the canadian system is still the most accessible immigration system of any developed country. By far.
In normal times yes, I agree, that's why we're all here. But let me tell you this; if IRCC continues doing what they've been doing in all of 2021, Germany is a far better option. You spend a comparable amount money, wait a comparable amount of time, and get your PR in a strong economy. It's geographically more convenient for many people too. For me, I just wanna live in North America and there are cultural reasons why I want to move to Canada but if I see that window closing, Germany, despite not being as culturally compatible with me as Canada, would actually give me a much much better career.

Of course Canada will not stop accepting immigrants for a long time but if they happen to just close the outland routes, I'll seriously reconsider my decisions.

Reactions: shank15
D

Deleted member 1006777

In normal times yes, I agree, that's why we're all here. But let me tell you this; if IRCC continues doing what they've been doing in all of 2021, Germany is a far better option. You spend a comparable amount money, wait a comparable amount of time, and get your PR in a strong economy. It's geographically more convenient for many people too. For me, I just wanna live in North America and there are cultural reasons why I want to move to Canada but if I see that window closing, Germany, despite not being as culturally compatible with me as Canada, would actually give me a much much better career.
Good luck. Point here is that regardless of whatever is going on, Canada is going to have enough people wanting to go there and never have to worry about falling short of candidates. Especially with how laughably easy getting a PR is after a canadian degree.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Of course Canada will not stop accepting immigrants for a long time but if they happen to just close the outland routes, I'll seriously reconsider my decisions.
You must be big Rammstein fan :p