+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

shanusharma01

Dec 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
Well... IRCC will have some explaining to do when all the low CRS CEC PRs aged 45+ or 50+ start retiring in 10 years... I expect a big wave of immigration in 10 years to fix today's mistakes.
This defeats the whole purpose of why Canada is so eager to invite immigrants,i hold nothing against anyone but inviting folks in their late forties and fifties is ironical

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hmm first draw? I doubt so. I’m sitting at 481. Probably second draw. Fingers crossed. The thing is I will just be opening the acct. it’s a US dollar dom account. Because the way our Nigerian currency is devaluing daily, to be safe, it’s better to just open a dollar acct that way one won’t be affected. Banks can give letter of good standing for a new acct yeah? cos I will def not have 6 months acct statement. So letter of good standing, slip, notarized gift deed, and maybe a month statement of account yeah? If you’re Nigerian too I’m using GTB just in case maybe you know their process. I plan on visiting them soon sha. Thank you for your help.
Am I missing out of something? I just plan on doing a gift deed when/if I get an ITA. According to XE, 1 CAD has been hovering around 330-334 naira for weeks now so no much deviation and I don’t expect it to change significantly between now and December. @Timbuktu_14 Exchange rates are locked at AOR right?

Reactions: Tristan-XI
D

Deleted member 1050918

This defeats the whole purpose of why Canada is so eager to invite immigrants,i hold nothing against anyone but inviting folks in their late forties and fifties is ironical
I had explained why IRCC kind of had to go with the CEC/inland strategy in another post, but it could've been done better. I can think of two options which would be probably better:

1. Conduct all program draws but only invite inland applicants: I understand this could be controversial and perhaps discriminatory. But arguably the CEC-only mentality is also just as controversial and discriminatory.

2. Boost the quota on the international graduate program and combine with high-score CEC draws: IRCC could've held regular CEC draws while maintaining the cutoff around 450, which is typical for CEC. To meet the numbers, they could double or triple the quota on the international graduate program but with the applicants' ages also factored into whether they'd get an invitation. International graduates are highly skilled and usually young (less than 35), so IRCC could put an age condition like one has to be under 35 to qualify.

Especially number 2 up there would cause less harm to the immigration system than what's been going on...

Jid1234567

Star Member
May 25, 2021
Am I missing out of something? I just plan on doing a gift deed when/if I get an ITA. According to XE, 1 CAD has been hovering around 330-334 naira for weeks now so no much deviation and I don’t expect it to change significantly between now and December. @Timbuktu_14 Exchange rates are locked at AOR right?
Hmm knowing our naira and how unpredictable things can be in Nigeria I would rather just open a dom account to avoid stories that touch just to be on the safe side. I’ve heard from other fsw candidates that when the officer treats ur file, they use the current exchange rate not the one when u submitted so I don’t think exchange rates are locked but I could be wrong tho.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hmm knowing our naira and how unpredictable things can be in Nigeria I would rather just open a dom account to avoid stories that touch just to be on the safe side. I’ve heard from other fsw candidates that when the officer treats ur file, they use the current exchange rate not the one when u submitted so I don’t think exchange rates are locked but I could be wrong tho.
True. To be on the safer side.

Nekky91

Nov 8, 2020
Hmm first draw? I doubt so. I’m sitting at 481. Probably second draw. Fingers crossed. The thing is I will just be opening the acct. it’s a US dollar dom account. Because the way our Nigerian currency is devaluing daily, to be safe, it’s better to just open a dollar acct that way one won’t be affected. Banks can give letter of good standing for a new acct yeah? cos I will def not have 6 months acct statement. So letter of good standing, slip, notarized gift deed, and maybe a month statement of account yeah? If you’re Nigerian too I’m using GTB just in case maybe you know their process. I plan on visiting them soon sha. Thank you for your help.
GTB does not give letter of good standing of it is not up to 6 months. Asked their customer care the other day I went to the bank but you can also confirm from
Your end.

D

Deleted member 1050918

An unnecessarily long article; harms its power to make the point it's trying to make. But anyway, which apps to prioritize? The answer is simple:

1. Study visa apps for the upcoming term: This one is obvious because without the visa all those admitted students won't be able to go on with their education. I believe 20-30% of IRCC's workforce can handle these. In fact, we're already in August so they should be done with most of these apps by now anyway.

2. All stages passed CEC & FSW & PNP apps: IRCC must devote at least 50% of its resources to quickly issue PPRs for these people if they wanna meet their targets this year.

3 FSW apps with only security remaining: Self explanatory. These could be given PPRs quite fast.

4. Remaining CEC & PNP apps that can't be given a PPR within 4 months: Same as above, this is about meeting 2021 target. However, since the end of 2021 is near, any CEC app that can't be given a PPR before the year ends should be ignored till 2022.

5. All other FSW apps: All other FSWs will go into 2022 quota anyway, and would most likely get PPR in the second half of 2022.

6. Parents&Grandparents: Obvious

7. Tourists: Obvious

But I'm afraid IRCC will ignore logic again and take their time working on apps which are not that important.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
While reading that article, a particular section caught my attention

’One of the things they could do, she said, is to automatically renew immigration applicants’ expired documents.

Requiring people to scramble to update outdated documents during a pandemic may buy Ottawa time, she noted, but it won’t solve the crisis and is going to further agonize immigration applicants.

“To this day, it is a mystery to me why the government has insisted on contacting each individual with an expired or expiring permanent resident visa to see if they still wanted to come to Canada, instead of just automatically renewing it,” Kwan said.

“Why did they do that? Why did they spend all those resources doing that instead of putting it into processing applications? They need to adopt an approach that’s not so rigid.”

Reactions: Tristan-XI