+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

Good luck. Point here is that regardless of whatever is going on, Canada is going to have enough people wanting to go there and never have to worry about falling short of candidates. Especially with how laughably easy getting a PR is after a canadian degree.
Yes there won't be shortage of inland applicants but that's what I'm trying to explain. Inland routes only migrate fresh graduates with insufficient experience and knowledge. Canada lacks experienced professionals who are also quite young. If Canada were to remove the outland routes, I wouldn't be surprised to see it losing its edge against Germany or the UK. What keeps Canada competitive in the whole immigration business is its outland routes.

You can find that out by asking yourself the same question: If you knew you had to spend 2 years as a student both in Canada and Germany just for the sake of getting a PR, which one would you choose? You may choose Canada but you'll see that the answer is not as clear as it would be with Canada's outland routes in the game.

Reactions: Alysson

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Bro anytime I read your opinions mehn you write really well. E sure me say na band 8.5 you get for IELTS writing.
Lmaooo. No be by writing very well sometimes oo. Those examiners dey get mind of their own when dem dey mark :D

I got overall band 8, with 7.5 in writing.

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Yes there won't be shortage of inland applicants but that's what I'm trying to explain. Inland routes only migrate fresh graduates with insufficient experience and knowledge. Canada lacks experienced professionals who are also quite young. If Canada were to remove the outland routes, I wouldn't be surprised to see it losing its edge against Germany or the UK. What keeps Canada competitive in the whole immigration business is its outland routes.

You can find that out by asking yourself the same question: If you knew you had to spend 2 years as a student both in Canada and Germany just for the sake of getting a PR, which one would you choose? You may choose Canada but you'll see that the answer is not as clear as it would be with Canada's outland routes in the game.
I was thinking about the uk too. but to move to gemrany i guess most people will need a job offer, or do a master degree in germany before looking for a job

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Canada would lose skilled immigrants to other countries if people started to think Canadian immigration is expensive, long, and painful.
The reason they are indifferent is because they know they won't. If that were the case the number of people in pool would have gone down. As frustrating IRCC's attitude may be the fact is that there are 100 (if not more) people available to replace that one person who will pull out from queue to immigrate to Canada. And this is because despite the standstill for last 2 years Canada is still the easiest country to immigrate and with extremely generous residency obligation and a generous path to citizenship post PR.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I was thinking about the uk too. but to move to gemrany i guess most people will need a job offer, or do a master degree in germany before looking for a job
I have no first hand knowledge of process for UK. From what I have learnt from few friends is that getting UK PR is extremely difficult now.

D

Deleted member 1050918

The reason they are indifferent is because they know they won't. If that were the case the number of people in pool would have gone down. As frustrating IRCC's attitude may be the fact is that there are 100 (if not more) people available to replace that one person who will pull out from queue to immigrate to Canada. And this is because despite the standstill for last 2 years Canada is still the easiest country to immigrate and with extremely generous residency obligation and a generous path to citizenship post PR.
I think what I underlined is what we're confusing here. Right now, right on this day, there are no ways to immigrate to Canada from abroad; it's quite like the USA. What I'm trying to say is if IRCC keeps this attitude, people will soon realize Canadian immigration is now much like the US immigration. This would put Canada down the list for many prospective immigrants. The Canada you summarized is from 2 years ago, we'll see if they'll go back to that.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hmm first draw? I doubt so. I’m sitting at 481. Probably second draw. Fingers crossed. The thing is I will just be opening the acct. it’s a US dollar dom account. Because the way our Nigerian currency is devaluing daily, to be safe, it’s better to just open a dollar acct that way one won’t be affected. Banks can give letter of good standing for a new acct yeah? cos I will def not have 6 months acct statement. So letter of good standing, slip, notarized gift deed, and maybe a month statement of account yeah? If you’re Nigerian too I’m using GTB just in case maybe you know their process. I plan on visiting them soon sha. Thank you for your help.
If you take a look at the number of candidates in the 480-1200 region of the pool, it's a safe bet to assume you will be drawn in the first draw. Especially if they issue the same 6,000 ITAs they've been issuing for sometime - bar the last two draws.

The idea of using a Domiciliary account is a good one. I used a dom account as well and it sailed easy. Just put enough buffer to accommodate potential fluctuations between USD and CAD. You will be fine.

They will not issue a letter of non-indebtedness for Dom account but they will issue a reference letter. So yea, the gift deed, statement of account showing the inflow and reference letter with a succinct letter of explanation will work just fine.

Reactions: Jid1234567

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Am I missing out of something? I just plan on doing a gift deed when/if I get an ITA. According to XE, 1 CAD has been hovering around 330-334 naira for weeks now so no much deviation and I don’t expect it to change significantly between now and December. @Timbuktu_14 Exchange rates are locked at AOR right?
Yes, locked at AOR. Although, in very few instances, officers can request for an updated proof post AOR.

• Love
Reactions: Jaycejay

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
Why do people think getting PR in Germany is easy? Yes, in theory you just need education there, ans a job offer (with a minimum threshold of yearly €uros), but to get a job there you will likely need at least a B2 or even C1 in German language knowledge.
In paper seems easy, just an eligible job offer and that's it, but practically getting an offer without the knowledge of the language seems rough

UK not very familiar with the system, but I think you need a few years working there with a work visa, then move to PR
Canada, even without the current FSW draws is, and Everything stopped, is way more accessible than any other developed country. No way it is comparable with the USA lol

D

Deleted member 1050918

Why do people think getting PR in Germany is easy? Yes, in theory you just need education there, ans a job offer (with a minimum threshold of yearly €uros), but to get a job there you will likely need at least a B2 or even C1 in German language knowledge.
In paper seems easy, just an eligible job offer and that's it, but practically getting an offer without the knowledge of the language seems rough

UK not very familiar with the system, but I think you need a few years working there with a work visa, then move to PR
Canada, even without the current FSW draws is, and Everything stopped, is way more accessible than any other developed country. No way it is comparable with the USA lol
Sorry, but not quite true. I know many (dozens) people who got skilled STEM jobs in Germany with only English. They learn German there. By the way, a good portion of those people didn't have German degrees, some of them found those jobs without setting foot in Germany.

The bare minimum amount of money and time Canada's education route takes till PR is about 50-100 thousand CAD and 3 years. There's a good number of EU countries who'd yield a PR for a similar amount of time and money.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
They do care about their image and reputation though. Canada attracts immigrants because people believe the procedures are welcoming and relatively fast. Canada would lose skilled immigrants to other countries if people started to think Canadian immigration is expensive, long, and painful.

Personally, I'd be okay with waiting 2 years on an AOR. Fear of losing age points puts a lot of pressure. The option to devote 6-12 months to French and get a good boost helps manage that stress but still. Hope they invite all of us soon.
Apt. Once you start this journey, you are fully committed to it so there's no way it won't affect your personal life, regardless of the stage you are at in the process. Once you've attained that good enough points to get an invite, your thinking is going to change. You'd understand that all it takes is to get that ITA, wait another 6months for processing and you are in. Pandemic has changed the processing times but nothing about wanting to relocate to Canada has changed for many people so as I've said, that everything's slowed down is affecting a whole lot - regardless of whether you are waiting for ITA or post AOR.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
No they would not lose anything. There will always be a near endless supply of people wanting to immigrate there, because like it or not, despite how incompetent IRCC is, the canadian system is still the most accessible immigration system of any developed country. By far.
Sad truth. For every 10,000 applicants that became ineligible for an immediate ITA, there are over 10,000 candidates working to replace them.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Apt. Once you start this journey, you are fully committed to it so there's no way it won't affect your personal life, regardless of the stage you are at in the process. Once you've attained that good enough points to get an invite, your thinking is going to change. You'd understand that all it takes is to get that ITA, wait another 6months for processing and you are in. Pandemic has changed the processing times but nothing about wanting to relocate to Canada has changed for many people so as I've said, that everything's slowed down is affecting a whole lot - regardless of whether you are waiting for ITA or post AOR.
Of course people won't change their minds overnight. And still, despite the long pause, the outland routes are officially in effect. However, if it was officially announced that the outland routes were paused for good, things would've been different. Would majority of outland candidates switch to the education route in that case? Maybe, but I think not.