FSW WORLDWIDE

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please don't continue the French :D:p;)

I guess this French stuff is driving the CRS inflation.
People think that their score is not high enough because the CRS is too high after the COVID pause and worry about the new targeted draw, then they start to learn french.
A lot of people start to learn french, and more people in the pool with high CRS points, and the CRS cutoff will stay high.
Then, since people think that their CRS is not high enough to get selected, they start to learn french.
It is a vicious cycle..

Probably equilibrium CRS will be above 481 and the only way for FSW applicants to get selected is to learn French.
It seems that we are still in CRS cutoffs 496 and 494, but there are only 2 CRS points dropped in one draw..

If everyone stops learning French, the CRS cutoff score will go down..
Lol
Thats why I did it
I would stop it if I knew everyone would stop learning it lol

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Exactly. I always tell people to stop getting in the EE pool, CRS will automatically come down as number of profiles decrease. It will only help them.
Wow.. I have never thought about this! This is a really great idea actually! If everyone stops getting into the EE pool, then the Immigration minister will think of a way to meet their huge immigration target. Probably we can see a similar program like TR to PR pathway but open up for outland applicants as well. It will be on a first come first serve basis without any french! The targeted NOC draw will not be implemented as well next year since there is not enough demand even without it. The backlog will also decrease and the processing time for FSW will go back to 6 months or less. It solves a whole lot of issues!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Bank statement.

Tell them to send your first statement as a hard copy to your mail address.
Thanks. Since, I am going in-person, Proof of Address is not required. Its only required if you are applying by online.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Same question but about PR card? What would be your strategy if you don't have any address?
I already "soft" landed. So now my plan is to give my friend's address after I move permanently. I don't think I can get an address at least for a month or two or more after moving to Canada given how crazy rental market is. I will given my friend's address for everything including bank.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
I already "soft" landed. So now my plan is to give my friend's address after I move permanently. I don't think I can get an address at least for a month or two or more after moving to Canada given how crazy rental market is. I will given my friend's address for everything including bank.
Ok thanks for your answer ! We have a few relatives in Quebec. Do you think it could be a problem if we assure ircc that we don't want to establish there?

Heard many different way of thinking about it...

Reactions: RSub

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Same question but about PR card? What would be your strategy if you don't have any address?
You can give any address where you can collect the mail.

Ok thanks for your answer ! We have a few relatives in Quebec. Do you think it could be a problem if we assure ircc that we don't want to establish there?

Heard many different way of thinking about it...
When you give a friend's or relative's address, you're essentially claiming that you're living there. You cannot settle in Quebec as FSW. So, no, you shouldn't be giving a Quebec address.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

rroyy

Sep 29, 2021
I had an online tutor for 45min or 1h per day, 5 times per week. I found her on Superprof and chose someone who was a native French speaker, former TEF examiner, professional tutor and most importantly - she believed that with enough effort, it could be done :)
We followed Cosmopolite 1-3 books and Grammaire progressive for grammar exercises. I spent every possible idle time (commuting, between sets at the gym, literally whenever I could) to practice conjugating verbs and learn vocabulary (I used a few different apps - there are plenty available so just pick whichever one you like the most) and listening to Coffee Break French podcast. I kept reading the news in French and tried to watch French movies etc.
Overall my schedule was - approx. 1 h lesson with around 1-1.5h of homework plus additional homework for weekend (usually a lot of writing). The rest was the stuff mentioned above (podcasts etc.)
The last 6-8 weeks was pretty much just pure exam prep - you can find a lot of exam papers online - I was doing 1-2 full exams per day.
Hope this helps! It's hard but it can be done :)
Thank you!

D

Deleted member 1006777

I had an online tutor for 45min or 1h per day, 5 times per week. I found her on Superprof and chose someone who was a native French speaker, former TEF examiner, professional tutor and most importantly - she believed that with enough effort, it could be done :)
We followed Cosmopolite 1-3 books and Grammaire progressive for grammar exercises. I spent every possible idle time (commuting, between sets at the gym, literally whenever I could) to practice conjugating verbs and learn vocabulary (I used a few different apps - there are plenty available so just pick whichever one you like the most) and listening to Coffee Break French podcast. I kept reading the news in French and tried to watch French movies etc.
Overall my schedule was - approx. 1 h lesson with around 1-1.5h of homework plus additional homework for weekend (usually a lot of writing). The rest was the stuff mentioned above (podcasts etc.)
The last 6-8 weeks was pretty much just pure exam prep - you can find a lot of exam papers online - I was doing 1-2 full exams per day.
Hope this helps! It's hard but it can be done :)
I will add to this saying you can try Lingoda sprint. Look it up. If nothing else it forced an extra hour of french from me daily for 90 days.

Also Inner French podcasts should basically be part of your daily routine. I think that was the single most useful thing for me. I'd listen to an episode on teh way to work. Then in the evening, I'd listen to it again with the transcription and note down words and sentences that were new. Literally a week into doing this, my listening had improved drastically.

Oh and duolingo stories are decent ways to pass the time while still practising. Stories only though, the rest of their language tree stuff is fairly useless.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Wow.. I have never thought about this! This is a really great idea actually! If everyone stops getting into the EE pool, then the Immigration minister will think of a way to meet their huge immigration target. Probably we can see a similar program like TR to PR pathway but open up for outland applicants as well. It will be on a first come first serve basis without any french! The targeted NOC draw will not be implemented as well next year since there is not enough demand even without it. The backlog will also decrease and the processing time for FSW will go back to 6 months or less. It solves a whole lot of issues!
Let's start a change. org petition to stop getting good scores in protest. We won't enter the pool unless they make it easy to get an ITA.

empra2r

Aug 4, 2022
Hi everyone. I guess we are supposed to update our NOC codes today...If anyone has been able to do so, I appreciate you share it here. As usual it seems that the system is under maintenance