Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020
I guess they're really taking their time with FSW-O application. My AOR was Oct 2020. Ottawa VO decided to transfer my application to Montreal VO when I added my spouse in Dec 2021, and that was the last activity in the GCMS I received last week.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
just got my result for TEF
Comprehension écrite and expression écrite—> B2 plus / Comprehension orale and expression orale—> B2
I studied for exam abt 3/4months, I had finished A1 level 2years ago)
So this will give me 8 more points… lets wait and see I can get ita with crs 487 or not
Good luck, but don't stop the French.

D

Deleted member 1006777

just got my result for TEF
Comprehension écrite and expression écrite—> B2 plus / Comprehension orale and expression orale—> B2
I studied for exam abt 3/4months, I had finished A1 level 2years ago)
So this will give me 8 more points… lets wait and see I can get ita with crs 487 or not
Good job. Now you know what your weak points are if you choose to attempt it again. And I honestly think with 487, you have a very good chance at an ITA before TEER is implemented.

How should I add tef results into my profile
In language section it only shows my ielts score, there is no place for add tef
It should be in your profile. Something along the lines of what languages do you have scores for, and you choose TEF Canada. I don't remember exactly, but it's in the languages section. Just go through every line carefully and you'll find it.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Good job. Now you know what your weak points are if you choose to attempt it again. And I honestly think with 487, you have a very good chance at an ITA before TEER is implemented.

It should be in your profile. Something along the lines of what languages do you have scores for, and you choose TEF Canada. I don't remember exactly, but it's in the languages section. Just go through every line carefully and you'll find it.
Yeah I found it thanks

thank you & @ElvisRamaj for giving me practical tips for studying French!

I will keep studyiing though , in case of the need for retaking exam to get b2 plus in all skills
Hopefully it wont come to that

Reactions: ElvisRamaj

rroyy

Sep 29, 2021
It took me 10 months from complete 0 to to passing TCF (I even got C1 and C2 in a couple of categories).
That's really impressive. Would you mind sharing the resources you used? I'm struggling with putting a daily schedule and finding actual useful resources.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
That's really impressive. Would you mind sharing the resources you used? I'm struggling with putting a daily schedule and finding actual useful resources.
I had an online tutor for 45min or 1h per day, 5 times per week. I found her on Superprof and chose someone who was a native French speaker, former TEF examiner, professional tutor and most importantly - she believed that with enough effort, it could be done :)
We followed Cosmopolite 1-3 books and Grammaire progressive for grammar exercises. I spent every possible idle time (commuting, between sets at the gym, literally whenever I could) to practice conjugating verbs and learn vocabulary (I used a few different apps - there are plenty available so just pick whichever one you like the most) and listening to Coffee Break French podcast. I kept reading the news in French and tried to watch French movies etc.
Overall my schedule was - approx. 1 h lesson with around 1-1.5h of homework plus additional homework for weekend (usually a lot of writing). The rest was the stuff mentioned above (podcasts etc.)
The last 6-8 weeks was pretty much just pure exam prep - you can find a lot of exam papers online - I was doing 1-2 full exams per day.
Hope this helps! It's hard but it can be done :)

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Yea . Will continue
Please don't continue the French :D:p;)

I guess this French stuff is driving the CRS inflation.
People think that their score is not high enough because the CRS is too high after the COVID pause and worry about the new targeted draw, then they start to learn french.
A lot of people start to learn french, and more people in the pool with high CRS points, and the CRS cutoff will stay high.
Then, since people think that their CRS is not high enough to get selected, they start to learn french.
It is a vicious cycle..

Probably equilibrium CRS will be above 481 and the only way for FSW applicants to get selected is to learn French.
It seems that we are still in CRS cutoffs 496 and 494, but there are only 2 CRS points dropped in one draw..

If everyone stops learning French, the CRS cutoff score will go down..

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Please don't continue the French :D:p;)

I guess this French stuff is driving the CRS inflation.
People think that their score is not high enough because the CRS is too high after the COVID pause and worry about the new targeted draw, then they start to learn french.
A lot of people start to learn french, and more people in the pool with high CRS points, and the CRS cutoff will stay high.
Then, since people think that their CRS is not high enough to get selected, they start to learn french.
It is a vicious cycle..

Probably equilibrium CRS will be above 481 and the only way for FSW applicants to get selected is to learn French.
It seems that we are still in CRS cutoffs 496 and 494, but there are only 2 CRS points dropped in one draw..

If everyone stops learning French, the CRS cutoff score will go down..
Exactly. I always tell people to stop getting in the EE pool, CRS will automatically come down as number of profiles decrease. It will only help them.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Folks who applied for SIN number after "Soft" landing in Canada ,what did you provide as "Proof of address"?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
You don't need proof of address if you do a walk-in. I hard landed but had no permanent address, so I did a walk-in.
Got it. My bad, I should I have checked in detail. I won't need a POA if I am applying in person. Thanks, bud.