+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

kaashi14

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
One possibly useful piece of info. Australian immigration scores are going down and they are releasing more visa. Those who are frustrated with speed of Canadian immigration and want to give that country a shot, might want to take a look there too.

@RSub you might be interested.
Is it the same points based system like Canadian PR? How to check points and eligibility for it?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Is it the same points based system like Canadian PR? How to check points and eligibility for it?
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/points-calculator

(Try looking for 189 independent visa) which is PR of Australia.
There is a more combursome 190 visa, which is equivalent of PNP in Australia.

Another difference is the years of overseas experience. Its determined via a WES-like agency according to your profession. They also vet your degrees etc.

Lastly, all draws in Australia PR are NOC-specific draws with cutoff on a per-NOC basis. NOC equivalent in australia is called ANZSCO code. very similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaashi14

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
I hope not, I see no reason why that would be a major problem to halt the draws.

Curious to see the new immigration plan in November though and the backlog statistics around 20-21 October.
Wasn't one draw skipped in 2017 when they were changing NOC codes (?) However, at that time, there were also changes to Express Entry (giving more points for French, siblings, etc.) so it required more tweaking, I assume.

I hope they won't skip any draws before C-19. It is best to give people a fair chance before these changes, and 500+ point candidates are not the only ones who deserve not to be caught in the mess caused by COVID pause (I mean, more than they are affected already). At least people in the 490s and 480s should be invited before C-19, imo. Not that those in 470s or lower are not deserving, but there are just much more people. However, I doubt IRCC thinks like this or cares about it (though I did Sean say something along the lines of "we will continue to invite the highest scoring candidates" even after C-19 so no idea).

I do expect a pause around the implementation of C-19, though.

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
They started the draws in July with 8,700 people having a CRS 501+ and it took more than 16,000 ITAs to invite all of them.

I would suggest everyone waiting to be cautiosly optimistic for the future draws. I don't know where this 4,250 comes from but it doesnt make any sense in their immigration plan up to now. 5,000 ITA draws seem a possibility but where is the quota available to accommodate them ?

Something is off here, but I can't point the finger where exactly. Perhaphs it has to do also with the 30,000 quota allocated for 2023 to international students and temporary workers which they didn't create a stream as of yet, likely never will, so that might be an answer.

Congrats to the ones who got an ITA.
@ bold:

Hello! Could you please provide any link or reference to where this information about 30,000 spots for students and temporary workers was mentioned? Thank you.

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Guys a question-
Once I submit my PR application and receive AOR, is it mandatory to apply for BOWP or can I just go with the regular work permit extension from my current employer? My permit is valid till Feb 2023 and my employer is ready to file for extension and I am leaning towards filing for work permit extension vs filing for BOWP. Any issues with this or one has to only file for BOWP if AOR is received?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys a question-
Once I submit my PR application and receive AOR, is it mandatory to apply for BOWP or can I just go with the regular work permit extension from my current employer? My permit is valid till Feb 2023 and my employer is ready to file for extension and I am leaning towards filing for work permit extension vs filing for BOWP. Any issues with this or one has to only file for BOWP if AOR is received?
It is not mandatory.

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
It is not mandatory.
Alright, thanks. !! It may as well work in my favor since my company is filing for 2 years extension for ICT work permit and in that process would have to submit an offer of employment in IRCC portal. Just wanted to be sure if BOWP was'nt mandatory

raghavgrover

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
When can we apply for BOWP - after AOR or after R10?
I think one can apply for BOWP after AOR and I think IRCC will only process it once completeness check had completed.

In website it says you are eligible for BOWP -
have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check ( how will we know if passed this check?)

However in the AOR letter it usually says-

Bridging open work permit
If you are currently working in Canada on a work permit that is about to expire, and you meet all other requirements, you may use this letter to apply for a bridging open work permit. For more information, visit our
our website.
You are cautioned that if we reject your application for permanent residence as incomplete:
• we will refuse your completed application for a bridging open work permit; and
• your processing fees for a bridging open work permit will not be refunded

Reactions: SatNight
D

Deleted member 1006777

For the eAPR, I think I have read that people answer Yes to both questions and just provide the same explanation on both. But the question is clearer in Schedule A, so you just need to answer Yes for the first one there.

Yeah, Schedule A is exactly same questions on the form you are filling, so don't be scared of it :D . I am not sure why they request it again, but they always do if you answer yes to any of the statutory questions.
Sweet I'll take that into account and turn in the Schedule A upfront. Problem is, there aren't enough rows to add 10 years worth of personal and address history...

Also, the education section in the application only has the ECA degree, and the rest were added to personal history. However, schedule A says to list "ALL" education. How do they still have this kind of inconsistency throughout?

Last edited by a moderator:

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
Is there a good thread about how to apply post-ITA and what kind of documents to provide? We received a generated list of necessary documents, but it's incorrect (they ask for spouse employment letter when we are not claiming points for it and the work experience is not eligible) AND they did not ask for stuff we know it's necessary (military service form). I'd like advice on this stuff but I don't want to burden this thread with it or to open a new thread if a good one already exists .

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Is there a good thread about how to apply post-ITA and what kind of documents to provide? We received a generated list of necessary documents, but it's incorrect (they ask for spouse employment letter when we are not claiming points for it and the work experience is not eligible) AND they did not ask for stuff we know it's necessary (military service form). I'd like advice on this stuff but I don't want to burden this thread with it or to open a new thread if a good one already exists .
If I remember correctly, employment letters are only asked if you declare work experience under work history. If you dont want to submit it, it needs to go under personal history. Someone who recently submitted the application can confirm though.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hello guys little question about biometrics. They don't ask me to pay for them when I submitted my application. Does it mean that I don't need to do it?
(biometrics available in my passport is this the reason?)

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020
Hello guys little question about biometrics. They don't ask me to pay for them when I submitted my application. Does it mean that I don't need to do it?
(biometrics available in my passport is this the reason?)
Check the fee you paid when you got your AOR. Biometrics cost ~85$. I assume you just paid all the fees at once, the RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence fee), Biometrics and the Permanent Resident Application Fee, total should be ~1,500$.