+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1006777

Had the same question in mind. Because if they do so, scores will shoot up again ..
The whole system will be changing, and nobody knows what impact it'll have. Scores shooting up will be least of people's concerns if they don't have an ITA by then.

Reactions: littlestar19

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
The whole system will be changing, and nobody knows what impact it'll have. Scores shooting up will be least of people's concerns if they don't have an ITA by then.
Indeed !! Since some of the provinces already have halted the draws, IRCC also might do it. Lets see how it turns out to be.

SaBong

Star Member
Oct 13, 2019
Question 1:
In the personal history section, there are two questions:
1. Has ___________ been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
2. Has ___________ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

In 2020, I was stranded in the US with no flights back to my home country, so I applied for a transition to a B2 visitor visa to maintain legal status in the country. I then managed to catch a flight back before my original visa expired, so the transition visa was denied by default.

Question is, does this fall under question 1 or 2? To me it seems it can fall under either (i have bolded the relevant parts).

Question 2:
For personal history is it fine to have overlapping months? Like I leave job on september 15, and join a new one september 16, so the section would have one job ending as 09-2019 and the next starting 09-2019.

Question 3:
Have you listed all of ____________'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that _________ belongs to (if any)?

Should I answer this 'yes' or 'not applicable' if I don't have military/government positions, and haven't listed any organizations?
Question 2
Yes you can have overlaps

Question 3
If you had no military service you can say NONE or NOT APPLICABLE in the table

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I then managed to catch a flight back before my original visa expired, so the transition visa was denied by default.
Was it a refusal or the application is deemed withdrawn / canceled as you no longer needed the visa? Do you have any official letter which states refusal / cancellation ?

D

Deleted member 1006777

Was it a refusal or the application is deemed withdrawn / canceled as you no longer needed the visa? Do you have any official letter which states refusal / cancellation ?
oh good question. I do have an official notice and they use the word 'denied'.

Here's the quote:
"
You were admitted as F-1 nonimmigrant on ________. A review of Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) records reveals that you departed the United States on _______, while your
change of status request was pending. This departure from the United States constitutes abandonment
of your request for change of nonimmigrant status. Therefore, you are not eligible for the immigration
benefit being sought and your request to change status is denied. "

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
oh good question. I do have an official notice and they use the word 'denied'.

Here's the quote:
"
You were admitted as F-1 nonimmigrant on ________. A review of Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) records reveals that you departed the United States on _______, while your
change of status request was pending. This departure from the United States constitutes abandonment
of your request for change of nonimmigrant status. Therefore, you are not eligible for the immigration
benefit being sought and your request to change status is denied. "
I'd answer yes to both and attach the official letter along with an explanation, just to be safe.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
There was a very detailed post here somewhere on forum, about post AOR process and key terms used here like GU1/2, criminality check bla bla. Does anyone have any link to that or something similar?

D

Deleted member 1006777

There was a very detailed post here somewhere on forum, about post AOR process and key terms used here like GU1/2, criminality check bla bla. Does anyone have any link to that or something similar?
These are the two I've had bookmarked for a while:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ita-to-ppr-in-a-nutshell.523775/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

D

Deleted member 1006777

I'd answer yes to both and attach the official letter along with an explanation, just to be safe.
Interesting thanks for that. I'm still filling out details, so I'm not even sure where LOEs go haha. I'll also probably tag legalfalcon to be safe.

Reactions: cz999

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Question 1:
In the personal history section, there are two questions:
1. Has ___________ been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
2. Has ___________ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

In 2020, I was stranded in the US with no flights back to my home country, so I applied for a transition to a B2 visitor visa to maintain legal status in the country. I then managed to catch a flight back before my original visa expired, so the transition visa was denied by default.

Question is, does this fall under question 1 or 2? To me it seems it can fall under either (i have bolded the relevant parts).

Question 2:
For personal history is it fine to have overlapping months? Like I leave job on september 15, and join a new one september 16, so the section would have one job ending as 09-2019 and the next starting 09-2019.

Question 3:
Have you listed all of ____________'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that _________ belongs to (if any)?

Should I answer this 'yes' or 'not applicable' if I don't have military/government positions, and haven't listed any organizations?
Question 1: If I were you, I would answer 'Yes' and then give the same explanation you just did. Better to err on the side of caution (also, if you answer yes here, make sure you also complete and submit a Schedule A upfront, cos they will definitely send you an ADR for it before your application is finalised).

Question 2: Yes,overlap is fine and expected.

Question 3: Don't answer Yes here. Just leave it blank.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime
D

Deleted member 1006777

Question 1: If I were you, I would answer 'Yes' and then give the same explanation you just did. Better to err on the side of caution (also, if you answer yes here, make sure you also complete and submit a Schedule A upfront, cos they will definitely send you an ADR for it before your application is finalised).

Question 2: Yes,overlap is fine and expected.

Question 3: Don't answer Yes here. Just leave it blank.
Appreciate the response. Of course I will answer yes, and I have the explanation written out too. The question is though, which one of those two questions do I answer yes for?

I had no idea about the Schedule A. Looked it up after you mentioned it, and the language there is a lot clearer, so I think I need to answer yes for the first one.

Also, the Schedule A looks scary. It's like I'm asking to be rejected lol.

Edit: Wtf Schedule A is literally a repeat of everything they have you fill in the application anyway. What's the damn point of having us do it twice.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Appreciate the response. Of course I will answer yes, and I have the explanation written out too. The question is though, which one of those two questions do I answer yes for?

I had no idea about the Schedule A. Looked it up after you mentioned it, and the language there is a lot clearer, so I think I need to answer yes for the first one.

Edit: Wtf Schedule A is literally a repeat of everything they have you fill in the application anyway. What's the damn point of having us do it twice.
For the eAPR, I think I have read that people answer Yes to both questions and just provide the same explanation on both. But the question is clearer in Schedule A, so you just need to answer Yes for the first one there.

Yeah, Schedule A is exactly same questions on the form you are filling, so don't be scared of it :D . I am not sure why they request it again, but they always do if you answer yes to any of the statutory questions.

Reactions: AlmostThere2

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018

Nothing! I just answered yes to both and copied and pasted the same explanations!