+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ITA to PPR in a nutshell

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Generally, your application will follow the below path after the submission:

An important note:- This is the trend which is happening with most of the applicants. It may or may not match with your application process flow and timeline. The actual clarity of application status can be retrieved via GCMS notes only.

1. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA1)
  2. Medical passed – (MEP)
  3. BG Check In Progress (IP1) – R10 check is done here.
  4. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA2) – Eligibility check is done here.
  5. BG Check: In Progress (IP2) –
  6. BG Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – Sometimes this doesn’t come
  7. PPR: Passport Request
  8. CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence
So it is in below order

AOR – NA1 – MEP – IP1 – NA2 – IP2 – NA3 – PPR – CoPR

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. PPR mail will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. PPR mails these days are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage. These things will be done at CPC office.

Generally messages will be like below in IP2 status:

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

#Collected

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for sharing such valuable details!

Just a quick quest. I'm on ip2 since last 49 days. Yesterday, my ADR status changed from 'we are reviewing your additional docs' to 'We do not require additional docs'. What exactly does this means for my case? I have ordered notes five days ago. I'm FSWO. File at CPC Ottawa. Thanks

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Thanks for sharing such valuable details!

Just a quick quest. I'm on ip2 since last 49 days. Yesterday, my ADR status changed from 'we are reviewing your additional docs' to 'We do not require additional docs'. What exactly does this means for my case? I have ordered notes five days ago. I'm FSWO. File at CPC Ottawa.

Thanks
It does NOT take long to receive PPR after getting "We do not require additional docs" unless there is additional security check.

Considering the political situation of Pakistan, its taking longer for you I guess. Wish you get PPR asap.

Reactions: Dream-mer

Dream-mer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
It does NOT take long to receive PPR after getting "We do not require additional docs" unless there is additional security check.

Considering the political situation of Pakistan, its taking longer for you I guess. Wish you get PPR asap.

Thanks! I hope so as well and wish you the same, if you haven't got it already!

Btw, I'm a Pakistani citizen, but a resident of UAE.

Krisleen

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Dear all
I submitted my eAPR on 17th oct,2017.i am an oinp candidate.i want to know whether ielts TRF and ECA are mandatory to upload in the eAPR??bcz my lawyer dint uploaded the same as he said they have uploaded all the documents which were required and requested by cic.
So he said no need to upload them.

Is the document checklist after ITA is different for each applicant??

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Dear all
I submitted my eAPR on 17th oct,2017.i am an oinp candidate.i want to know whether ielts TRF and ECA are mandatory to upload in the eAPR??bcz my lawyer dint uploaded the same as he said they have uploaded all the documents which were required and requested by cic.

I have heard its not mandatory since the IELTS TRF No: is provided anyways. But still you can touch base with other seniors and see their take on the same. Good luck.

all_iz_well

Dec 17, 2014
Dear all

OINP is provincial whereas, IRCC is federal.
So whatever info/documents you submitted to OINP might not be accessed by IRCC.

AFAIK ECA is a must along with your Educational documents, whereas IELTS result is optional.

Its safe to raise CSE and submit both ECA and IELTS immediately.

Good luck

Walle2017

Feb 13, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
28-02-2018

An important note:- This is the trend which is happening with most of the applicants. It may or may not match with your application process flow and timeline. The actual clarity of application status can be retrieved via GCMS notes only.

So it is in below order

AOR: This is a letter you will get within 24 hours after submission of your PR application.

NA1: “Not applicable“. This will be your BG status message as soon as you submit and get AOR. Typically, this will be status till the time you get your medical passed status.

MEP: “You passed the medical exam“. This will generally happen after approx 25-30 days after your AOR. For PNP applicants it can take more time generally.

IP1: This will happen one or two days after your medical. Sometimes on the same day itself. BG status message in this stage will be “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office).

NA2: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP1 is completed. Sometimes IP1 will take few hours and if we have not checked our account during the time it was in IP1, it won’t be possible to know that we are in NA1 or NA2. Our file will be transferred to CPC (Case Processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2: BG status message in this stage will be “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.“. Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. PPR mail will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF up front. PPR mails these days are taking 7-20 days after you are in IP2 stage. These things will be done at CPC office.

NA3: “Not applicable“. This will signify that IP2 is completed. This status is not visible in many cases and direct PPR request is placed from IP2.

PPR: Passport Request. You will get an email for that and you may not get an update in your CIC account for this.

ADR: Sometimes an additional document is requested in IP1 or IP2 stage. An email, as well as message in your CIC account, will be sent.

#Collected

Hi,

MY AOR is 28th Feb. On 8th March I got the email for Medical passed. And my Background status message is shown as "We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information" . I can see exactly the same status what you are showing the status for IP2.
Can you please comment what might have happened here. I don't see any reason for skipping any steps in between. Or are the messages used interchangeably?

Ro1985ko

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
could you guys tell me at which stage I am?? it looks like IP2 except for the medical results;
thanks

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
could you guys tell me at which stage I am?? it looks like IP2 except for the medical results;
thanks

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same status. How did it go?

Leonard12

Jun 26, 2018

So it is in below order

#Collected
Hi,

My current status shows - IP1 - your application is in progress, and it's been 4 weeks since my status changed to IP1. is it possible that IP1 take 4 weeks ? or could it be the case that visa officer has started the background check but hasn't updated the status ? As I went through all the threads which indicated that it takes few hours to complete IP1. Please advise.

Thanks,