+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Wasn't one draw skipped in 2017 when they were changing NOC codes (?) However, at that time, there were also changes to Express Entry (giving more points for French, siblings, etc.) so it required more tweaking, I assume.

I hope they won't skip any draws before C-19. It is best to give people a fair chance before these changes, and 500+ point candidates are not the only ones who deserve not to be caught in the mess caused by COVID pause (I mean, more than they are affected already). At least people in the 490s and 480s should be invited before C-19, imo. Not that those in 470s or lower are not deserving, but there are just much more people. However, I doubt IRCC thinks like this or cares about it (though I did Sean say something along the lines of "we will continue to invite the highest scoring candidates" even after C-19 so no idea).

I do expect a pause around the implementation of C-19, though.
I think they will not pause the draws because of PNPs. PNP draws are sacred to them.

As for the CRS score, I think its totally worthless as a measurement. Why ? Let me name you a few :

1. Who came with the idea that a bachelor or Master should be valued the same for every country and university in terms of points ? I would think one from Germany, France or UK are somehow equal, if we compare the best universities one on one, but one from Albania the same as one from UK, what the F*ck ?

2. Sibling points. Complete worthless and discriminating, literally. Plus, favors chain migration, which no country should seek it for a million reasons.

3. Canadian work experience points. As worthless as they can potentially be. One working as an engineer and one working as a burger flipper, apparently are the same in the eyes of Economic Immigrantion. One needs a bachelor, a master, some years of experience to get there and the other just hands and legs to do the job, but hey, they are working in Canada, so 30 - 50 points gratis for them.

4. Canadian education points. If you are graduating from a reputable university, like UT for example, you deserve not 50 but 80 points for that. But, if you are graduating from a university migration mill as Lambda College et al, they cannot compare to the top universities in my country, let alone with the ones in Canada. 50 worthless points for a bachelor.

So, bottom line, I think they want just numbers for the time being and won't stop those draws.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSub and armitabbsn

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@ bold:

Hello! Could you please provide any link or reference to where this information about 30,000 spots for students and temporary workers was mentioned? Thank you.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/supplementary-immigration-levels-2022-2024.html

Under Federal Public policy :

Range between 25,000 - 42,000, target 32,000.

This leads me to believe that draws might actually go up as much as 6,000 if they will not announce a new stream for that quota.

Reactions: armitabbsn

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I think they will not pause the draws because of PNPs. PNP draws are sacred to them.

As for the CRS score, I think its totally worthless as a measurement. Why ? Let me name you a few :

1. Who came with the idea that a bachelor or Master should be valued the same for every country and university in terms of points ? I would think one from Germany, France or UK are somehow equal, if we compare the best universities one on one, but one from Albania the same as one from UK, what the F*ck ?

2. Sibling points. Complete worthless and discriminating, literally. Plus, favors chain migration, which no country should seek it for a million reasons.

3. Canadian work experience points. As worthless as they can potentially be. One working as an engineer and one working as a burger flipper, apparently are the same in the eyes of Economic Immigrantion. One needs a bachelor, a master, some years of experience to get there and the other just hands and legs to do the job, but hey, they are working in Canada, so 30 - 50 points gratis for them.

4. Canadian education points. If you are graduating from a reputable university, like UT for example, you deserve not 50 but 80 points for that. But, if you are graduating from a university migration mill as Lambda College et al, they cannot compare to the top universities in my country, let alone with the ones in Canada. 50 worthless points for a bachelor.

So, bottom line, I think they want just numbers for the time being and won't stop those draws.
What about Seneca college?

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly

maghool71

Jan 22, 2021
Does anyone know how many Federal High Skilled have been admitted so far in 2022? Have they reached their quota already? And what happens to us then until the end of the year? I've been waiting since July 2020!

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Flipping burgers doesn't bring any points and doesn't even qualify you for Express Entry. :D
So you are telling me they can't be masked under the NOC code "6311 – Food service supervisors" with skill level B ?

Employment requirements

- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline or several years of experience in food preparation or service are required.

• Haha
Reactions: kaashi14

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What about Seneca college?
Seneca is the cheapest university in Canada I think and draws huge amounts of immigrants because of it.

Looks like a degree mill for sure. If they can provide a statistic of how many of their students have ended up working in their profession would surely help in evaluating it.

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Does anyone know how many Federal High Skilled have been admitted so far in 2022? Have they reached their quota already? And what happens to us then until the end of the year? I've been waiting since July 2020!
The last time, FSW backlog was at 12,000 end of August and CEC I think close to 5,000. These numbers are together with the new applications from July and forward.

Did you apply as CEC of FSW ? I think by the end of this year all the FSW in the backlog will be processed, but CEC I don't know.

Their target quota for 2022 is 55,900 with a high range of 64,000.

Last edited:
Reactions: maghool71

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Check the fee you paid when you got your AOR. Biometrics cost ~85$. I assume you just paid all the fees at once, the RPRF (Right of Permanent Residence fee), Biometrics and the Permanent Resident Application Fee, total should be ~1,500$.
I remember seeing : biometrics fees 0 CAD for me and my spouse... Even if we don't say we had previously given them.

But at the time we "make" our Passeport we give our biometrics and they are saved in it (French Passeport) can someone relate?

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I remember seeing : biometrics fees 0 CAD for me and my spouse... Even if we don't say we had previously given them.

But at the time we "make" our Passeport we give our biometrics and they are saved in it (French Passeport) can someone relate?
How much did you pay in total ? That way you can break the amount and see if you paid or not.

In either case, I believe they will send you BIL after your medical examination is assessed and passed.

SatNight

Dec 2, 2017
So you are telling me they can't be masked under the NOC code "6311 – Food service supervisors" with skill level B ?

Employment requirements

- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline or several years of experience in food preparation or service are required.
I assume you have to be a supervisor. Do they flip burgers, too? I assumed they supervise those that flip burgers. ?

Reactions: littlestar19

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I assume you have to be a supervisor. Do they flip burgers, too? I assumed they supervise those that flip burgers. ?
Well, this begs the question, how do you supervise a burger flipper ?

Shouldn't you be competent at that job to at least be able to supervise someone else doing it and potentially intervene if the person is doing it wrong ?

Legit questions !

• Haha
Reactions: kaashi14

AlmostThere2

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
07-08-2020

I'm not 100% sure, but countries that comprise the 5 eyes, share information very readily, but not sure if biometrics would be included. Their website says if you're a national of any other country, you'll have to give biometrics. I'd prepare for being given a BIL.

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
I'm not 100% sure, but countries that comprise the 5 eyes, share information very readily, but not sure if biometrics would be included. Their website says if you're a national of any other country, you'll have to give biometrics. I'd prepare for being given a BIL.
OK thanks for your ANSWERS!
I am then waiting for my "BIL"...

Reactions: AlmostThere2