Star Member
Jul 31, 2022
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-06-2022
1. Who came with the idea that a bachelor or Master should be valued the same for every country and university in terms of points ?
Isn't that exactly what the ECA is for? We spend a lot of time and money to get our degrees assessed according to Canadian benchmark. ECA does a thorough job of looking at our courses and grades and then provides us Canadian equivalency. I, for one, think it's a fair system.

ilikesnow

Apr 19, 2022
Sydney
NOC Code......
I just realized that there was no option to upload my spouse's IELTS document anywhere, although I did provided the test result details etc in Application where they asked fot it. We claimed points for it. I know the details should be sufficient but should I also provide them the certificate via web form as well since we're in post AOR phase.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I just realized that there was no option to upload my spouse's IELTS document anywhere, although I did provided the test result details etc in Application where they asked fot it. We claimed points for it. I know the details should be sufficient but should I also provide them the certificate via web form as well since we're in post AOR phase.
No, there's no specific slot for it. You need to add it with the other supporting documents that you upload under their "Client Information".

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Isn't that exactly what the ECA is for? We spend a lot of time and money to get our degrees assessed according to Canadian benchmark. ECA does a thorough job of looking at our courses and grades and then provides us Canadian equivalency. I, for one, think it's a fair system.
First of all, since we were talking about CRS points, my first remark was about points.
Meaning, how do you reward the same amount of points regardless of where and at which university someone has completed their Bachelor/Master/PhD degree ? In some countries even the infrastructure to go to the university is broken, let alone the quality of the degree acquired.

Secondly, you are confusing value with equivalency. Refer to my statement again.
So, you are telling me that just because you have done exactly the same courses as you would have done in a university in Canada, your degree is somehow at the same level with all other universities around the world and that of Canada ? Its like saying Iphone and Nokia have the same value because both of them are phones and have cameras, bluetooth, WiFi, etc.

Would you care to give your opinion on why is Harward renowned one of the TOP universitites in the world or Oxford if you like, and we can start our discussion from there.

Reactions: dankboi

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
oh good question. I do have an official notice and they use the word 'denied'.

Here's the quote:
"
You were admitted as F-1 nonimmigrant on ________. A review of Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) records reveals that you departed the United States on _______, while your
change of status request was pending. This departure from the United States constitutes abandonment
of your request for change of nonimmigrant status
. Therefore, you are not eligible for the immigration
benefit being sought and your request to change status is denied. "
Sorry I've been away, and this has been discussed but in my personal opinion it was not a visa denial, and I would have answered those questions as No. The sentence in bold clearly states they consider the application as withdrawn / abandoned. But do what makes you feel comfortable.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
First of all, since we were talking about CRS points, my first remark was about points.
Meaning, how do you reward the same amount of points regardless of where and at which university someone has completed their Bachelor/Master/PhD degree ? In some countries even the infrastructure to go to the university is broken, let alone the quality of the degree acquired.

Secondly, you are confusing value with equivalency. Refer to my statement again.
So, you are telling me that just because you have done exactly the same courses as you would have done in a university in Canada, your degree is somehow at the same level with all other universities around the world and that of Canada ? Its like saying Iphone and Nokia have the same value because both of them are phones and have cameras, bluetooth, WiFi, etc.

Would you care to give your opinion on why is Harward renowned one of the TOP universitites in the world or Oxford if you like, and we can start our discussion from there.
Generally, I won't get into discussions like this but let me say something. IF someone is from Harvard and they think they are a big shot then they wouldn't be wandering around on these forums crying for an ITA. If they are big shot as they claim they have many other ways of immigrating to many countries. I mean if they are so unique companies in Canada should be lining up to do a LMIA for them. But if that's not happening then it doesn't matter the person is from Lambda college, Harvard or Oxford. One's worth is determined by the market.

My suggestion if anyone on here is from Harvard and is crying for CRS score would be stop being a cry baby. If you think Harvard made you better than others find a company and prove it to them and get a LMIA get those CEC points.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Sorry I've been away, and this has been discussed but in my personal opinion it was not a visa denial, and I would have answered those questions as No. The sentence in bold clearly states they consider the application as withdrawn / abandoned. But do what makes you feel comfortable.
No worries. I'm putting in a yes, and attaching the notice with my appllication. They can look at it and figure out it was a withdrawal and not a refusal. Better safe than sorry