Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
1) Yes, once you enter and get your copr signed, you're good for 5 years.

2a) You cannot give your friend's address without claiming that you'll be living there.

2b) Since you have to claim that you'll be living there for step 2a , this would be a problem.

3) Yeah, with your signed Copr and passport, you can enter by private vehicle or by foot. You can sail in your own boat from Europe if you like. PRTD could take several months.

I recommend that you don't apply for the card during your initial landing and just pay for it later.
With Soft Landing can we claim as Permanent Residents in job applications?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
  • Haha
Reactions: AlmostThere2

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
On credit history, I just learnt that AMEX credit card holders (exception AMEX travel card) may be able to transfer their credit history to Canada and get a credit card immediately. Does anyone have experience doing this? Its cool to have some credit history other than Zero.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/customer-service/global-card-relationship/
Yeah, it's long known. I'm surprised people don't use it more often and end up starting from scratch. For those in the EE queue, just apply for and get an Amex card if you haven't already.
^I know the video is from CAN => USA transfer but the process should be the same or similar in other places...

Reactions: RSub

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
I think that you should collect all pay slips from your family business, that way the odds of it being fake will be alleviated. If you have them, tax returns will be helpful too. As you said, mention it in current employment and just be ready for the small chance that they ask for verification.
Okay… thank you so much :)
Yes I have my return filed including family business as well !

Reactions: AlmostThere2

littlestar19

May 9, 2022
If you are not claiming points for your current job, IRCC doesn't care what job it is or who you work for. You only have to provide proof for the work experience you are claiming points for. You need to mention your current job or whatever you are currently doing in the Personal History part, and on a Schedule A form (if you are required to submit one)
You have no idea what a relief you have given me ! Thanks much :) Though, I have shed all hopes of receiving an ITA, but still !!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Wait.. This is scaring me!!! I am going to be claiming points for my one year work experience from 2015 to 2016. I worked after that too but it was mostly NOC C jobs as I was doing my masters in Netherlands.

I will get my reference letter, my salary certificate (cuz I was paid in cash) and I still have a few payslips left too! But I don't have tax returns. I will cry if my PR gets rejected because of this after busting my behind for years learning French and getting a masters.
Salary slips and Tax returns are not really need to claim work ex points. if you have a work ex letter in the required format in most cases that is enough. I did not submit salary slips or tax returns in my PR application and had no issues. However, in this particular case OP was asked to submit salary slips as "proof of funds" which is highly unusual. It is possible visa officer found something unusual about that work experience claim and was trying to be sure it is not faked.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Folks who did soft landing from US to Canada via Land, would you be allowed to stay for couple of days in Canada to apply for SIN and come back to US? Also, can we return to Canada via road from US permanently later (in a month) without PR card or PRTD?
Yes you can stay as many days as you like .. You are PR after all. No PR card of PRTD is needed to cross land border. You only need stamped COPR.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
On credit history, I just learnt that AMEX credit card holders (exception AMEX travel card) may be able to transfer their credit history to Canada and get a credit card immediately. Does anyone have experience doing this? Its cool to have some credit history other than Zero.

Yes have done this. Amex also gives you a much higher credit limit which is closer to your credit limit in USA compared to a much lower credit limit Canadian banks give.

But you can't apply for AMEX transfer starightaway, you need address proof in Canada.

cef09

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
CEC

Well, you can't really transfer over your credit history to Canada. What this does is AMEX will take into account whatever credit history you had in the US and approve you of a CL higher than what you might normally would as a new immigrant.

I did the same thing but CAN -> US (mostly to get points lol).

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well, you can't really transfer over your credit history to Canada. What this does is AMEX will take into account whatever credit history you had in the US and approve you of a CL higher than what you might normally would as a new immigrant.

I did the same thing but CAN -> US (mostly to get points lol).
First thing you should do in Canada is start your credit account or else it's hard to @MoveCan_ Buyhouse_

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi guys! I have a weird situation. I went to do the upfront medicals in the beginning of May, a few days later I got a request from IRCC to do the medical. Then I attached their request together with the medical sheet from the clinic. The status was “We are reviewing the results of your medical exam”. Only that a few days ago they sent me another ADR requesting the medical because they “didn’t receive the one they requested”…… I called the clinic they said the results are all in the system. No idea what to do. Should I upload the same medicine the second time?