+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

jester10

Star Member
Dec 25, 2020
Today I celebrate my second year anniversary since AOR.

FSW-O. AOR 26 September 2019. See signature for more details.

Let’s stay strong together.
How come the CEC processing is not affected by the Afghan crisis? I routinely see CECs "finally" getting their COPRs in FB groups.

At this point even if I become a Canadian PR/Citizen, I will never ever forget how they treated us

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Thank you for doing this but with due respect do you think those liberal A holes and IRCC gives a damn about Outland applications ,I might be negative here but with the way they are dealing with us for the last 2 years I don't think so .The prime reason for that is we don't have any rights. I have come to the 6th stage of acceptance that they are going to process when they want to process and they might even cancel (I know noone wants to even think about it including me) but still we cant do anything.
sadly these are the byproducts of being born in a third world country and have to work 5 times more than 1st world citizens without expecting anything in return that is what US(tough immigration laws which prevents Indians and Chinesefrom getting a GC),Canada(best example is mark holthe's words canada don't give a fuck about you guys),Australia ( They are done with immigrants long ago) so just go with the flow than to stress out.

why you always poop up after a few days with your rotten cancellation theory? Don't be lifeless bro by thinking so much after the cancellation. Even a Nursery child can say there won't be any cancellation. educate yourself bro...

Tabraez

May 26, 2021
Guys, like everyone else here I've been waiting for the draws too but to no avail. (Btw my points are 475 and will lose a few points in March due to age) I have started working on the study route option and was wondering what are the options for people already present in Canada on student visa? What steps can they take to significantly increase their chances for PR? I request the senior and knowledgeable members to respond. I'll be grateful. Thank you.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Guys, like everyone else here I've been waiting for the draws too but to no avail. (Btw my points are 475 and will lose a few points in March due to age) I have started working on the study route option and was wondering what are the options for people already present in Canada on student visa? What steps can they take to significantly increase their chances for PR? I request the senior and knowledgeable members to respond. I'll be grateful. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: seadrag0n
D

Deleted member 1006777

Any combination of the following:
1. Stay outside quebec
2. learn french (actually having thought about it, this won't really help much)
3. go to recognized universities in provinces that make it easier to get a pr after graduation (eg ontario PNP with international students stream)
4. get a 2+year degree which gives you a 3 year work permit which essentially gurantees a pr through cec before the work permit expires
5. do something IT related whether you like it or not

Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
after graduation, get one year experience in the TEER 0,1,2 and TEER 3 is now risky, and ta-da you may apply for EE and don't have to include any foreign experiences so the verifications will be low as you are only claiming points for Canadian experience and processing will be quick.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Any combination of the following:
1. Stay outside quebec
2. learn french (actually having thought about it, this won't really help much)
3. go to recognized universities in provinces that make it easier to get a pr after graduation (eg ontario PNP with international students stream)
4. get a 2+year degree which gives you a 3 year work permit which essentially gurantees a pr through cec before the work permit expires
5. do something IT related whether you like it or not

D

Deleted member 1050918

wondering what are the options for people already present in Canada on student visa? What steps can they take to significantly increase their chances for PR?
Study route steps: Get admitted to a Canadian school -> Apply to IRCC for study visa -> Get your visa if you can convince IRCC you're not trying to get back to school just to get a PR -> Finish your studies -> Apply for PGWP if you're eligible -> Find a job in Canada if you can and work for 1+ years -> Apply for PR under CEC (or TR to PR if it still exists at the time you're applying)

The absolute shortest time of any program you will find will be 1 year; but that's risky because a 1 year program usually gives you a 1 year PGWP. I'm sure you understand why it's risky. So you'll be looking at 2 year programs (master's probably). Assuming you graduate in 2 years (might take longer), you get a 3 year long PGWP which is the max duration of it you can get. Assuming you end up lucky and find a job immediately after graduating, you're looking at 2 + 1 = 3 years from the start date of your studies before you can get your PR. A more realistic time to your PR is below:

Today's date + time till you start your program (~1 year if you ask me) + time to your graduation (>2 years) + time to find a job in Canada (6-12 months) + 1 year Canadian work experience = Today's date + at least 4.5 years

If you end up lucky and find a TR-to-PR opportunity, then you remove the 1 year work experience and get to apply for PR in 3.5 years from today.

I think you're saying you're already on a study permit, then...

Finish your studies (~1 year?) + time to find a job in Canada (6-12 months) + 1 year Canadian work experience = Today's date + at least 2.5 (?) years

Last edited by a moderator:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Study route steps: Get admitted to a Canadian school -> Apply to IRCC for study visa -> Get your visa if you can convince IRCC you're not trying to get back to school just to get a PR -> Finish your studies -> Apply for PGWP if you're eligible -> Find a job in Canada if you can and work for 1+ years -> Apply for PR under CEC (or TR to PR if it still exists at the time you're applying)

The absolute shortest time of any program you will find will be 1 year; but that's risky because a 1 year program usually gives you a 1 year PGWP. I'm sure you understand why it's risky. So you'll be looking at 2 year programs (master's probably). Assuming you graduate in 2 years (might take longer), you get a 3 year long PGWP which is the max duration of it you can get. Assuming you end up lucky and find a job immediately after graduating, you're looking at 2 + 1 = 3 years from the start date of your studies before you can get your PR. A more realistic time to your PR is below:

Today's date + time till you start your program (~1 year if you ask me) + time to your graduation (>2 years) + time to find a job in Canada (6-12 months) + 1 year Canadian work experience = Today's date + at least 4.5 years

If you end up lucky and find a TR-to-PR opportunity, then you remove the 1 year work experience and get to apply for PR in 3.5 years from today.

D

Deleted member 1006777

@dankboi makes a good point about not claiming foreign work experience to make the application less complex. And CRS doesn't really matter if CEC so it will actually help you to claim less work exp.

Tabraez

May 26, 2021

I think you're saying you're already on a study permit, then...

Finish your studies (~1 year?) + time to find a job in Canada (6-12 months) + 1 year Canadian work experience = Today's date + at least 2.5 (?) years
Thank you. But can PNP programs accelerate this entire process?

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thank you. But can PNP programs accelerate this entire process?
pnp will be slow, but PNP can get you an invite before you are eligible for Canadian exp. GO to atlantic regions, they have good programs for PR