+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

Thank you. But can PNP programs accelerate this entire process?
Yes. If you remove the "study route" constraint from your equation and say "I want the absolute fastest solution", then it is being lucky + PNP (assuming there's no FSW). You gotta look for PNPs that take absolute outlanders (doesn't matter you're in Canada. As long as you're on a study permit, until you finish your program and obtain your Canadian degree, you're no different than a tourist in terms of immigration), and then you gotta get lucky with your NOC such that it is deemed in-demand in that particular PNP draw of that particular province. You have little control in this approach though; it depends on luck.

Why do you wanna speed things up though? If your program is eligible for 2+ year long PGWP then you're literally destined to become a PR through either CEC or TR-to-PR. I can think of only one reason why you'd wanna speed it up: being a PhD student way in the beginning of their studies lmao. You're looking at 4+ years just to finish your PhD and probably 6+ years just to qualify for an ITA. PhD in Canada is probably the worst choice one could ever make in their life.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Dude's already on a study permit, it still takes him 2.5+ years from today. Study route is the least profitable option available for those who were not gonna go for that degree anyway.
is that dude already on study permit? woa , least profitable and cec is gonna get tightened after the revision of noc b (teer3) where the 90% cec's work exp fall into. TR2PR avoided many noc's and i guess these are the one's which will never be considered for cec eligibility from next year

dude @Tabraez are you on study permit now?

Tabraez

May 26, 2021
is that dude already on study permit? woa , least profitable and cec is gonna get tightened after the revision of noc b (teer3) where the 90% cec's work exp fall into. TR2PR avoided many noc's and i guess these are the one's which will never be considered for cec eligibility from next year

dude @Tabraez are you on study permit now?
Not right now. Applying for a student visa soon.

Tabraez

May 26, 2021
Yes. If you remove the "study route" constraint from your equation and say "I want the absolute fastest solution", then it is being lucky + PNP (assuming there's no FSW). You gotta look for PNPs that take absolute outlanders (doesn't matter you're in Canada. As long as you're on a study permit, until you finish your program and obtain your Canadian degree, you're no different than a tourist in terms of immigration), and then you gotta get lucky with your NOC such that it is deemed in-demand in that particular PNP draw of that particular province. You have little control in this approach though; it depends on luck.

Why do you wanna speed things up though? If your program is eligible for 2+ year long PGWP then you're literally destined to become a PR through either CEC or TR-to-PR. I can think of only one reason why you'd wanna speed it up: being a PhD student way in the beginning of their studies lmao. You're looking at 4+ years just to finish your PhD and probably 6+ years just to qualify for an ITA. PhD in Canada is probably the worst choice one could ever make in their life.
Thank you for the detailed response.

imm2canadaordie

Nov 1, 2017
Category........
FSW
At this point even if I become a Canadian PR/Citizen, I will never ever forget how they treated us
And do what exactly? Bleed the welfare? Hunt down immigration officers (which ones if nobody's working on your case is the problem)? Work towards making Canada a worse place? In any of the options I can think of you'll only make it worse for yourself or people who are completely unrelated to your case. Imo IRCC at this point in time is just a force of nature - can't reason with it, can't hold it accountable. Just wait and hope that you'll get occasional rain to water your crops and not tornadoes or draught.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Study route to get PR sounds like such a big headache.
Actually, study route beats even FSW in one particular case: If you're 22-23 year old, fresh outa university with a bachelor's, and already looking to get a master's. In this case you get to move to Canada at such a young age so you get the ability to really settle (like make friends etc) and you got your 3 year PGWP at the age of just 25. Meaning that you're a PR at 27. Far, far better than moving to Canada as an FSW (complete outlander with zero social circles in Canada) who's probably 27-28 or older.

If I could go back to 17, I'd not even eat but study to finish my damned program in 3 years and land a master's in Canada at 20. I'd be a citizen before 25 lol.

But in any other case, FSW beats everything else and the study route is probably the worst option.

Reactions: seadrag0n
D

Deleted member 1050918

Yeah that’s not universal across the board, my case as an example.
I believe it is only the 2021 CECs that are getting the "finally!" blessings while 2020 CECs are getting treated quite like FSWs. Saw a CEC dude in another thread who's recently received his PR with March 2020 AOR.

Reactions: EscoBlades

Sand_canada

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
I did my upfront medicals a year ago, but the expiry isn't reflected in my IRCC profile. My aor is oct 2020. Has my medicals been extended? Or have they expired and not updated because something is wrong with my application?

D

Deleted member 1006777

Actually, study route beats even FSW in one particular case: If you're 22-23 year old, fresh outa university with a bachelor's, and already looking to get a master's. In this case you get to move to Canada at such a young age so you get the ability to really settle (like make friends etc) and you got your 3 year PGWP at the age of just 25. Meaning that you're a PR at 27. Far, far better than moving to Canada as an FSW (complete outlander with zero social circles in Canada) who's probably 27-28 or older.

If I could go back to 17, I'd not even eat but study to finish my damned program in 3 years and land a master's in Canada at 20. I'd be a citizen before 25 lol.

But in any other case, FSW beats everything else and the study route is probably the worst option.
"FSW beats everything else" except it being the slowest processing, the least prioritized, and if you don't have an ITA yet, you're probably better off giving up and looking elsewhere.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
"FSW beats everything else" except it being the slowest processing, the least prioritized, and if you don't have an ITA yet, you're probably better off giving up and looking elsewhere.
Atleast the provinces are doing their part by inviting FSW's and giving the nomination within their timeline.