Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yeah one of my friends was talking about Netherlands too. Though haven’t researched much on that as yet. Wasn’t really aware that they are looking out for skilled immigrants as such.
A friend of mine moved there a few months ago and he really likes it so far. He's a software developer, already had an EU passport, and his company transferred him, so it was easy for him. But he says English is common and good. Might be worth a look.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Wrong. I have many friends who found skilled jobs (unlike those silly survival jobs in Canada) in Germany without speaking a single word of German BEFORE moving to Germany. They searched for their jobs either online or through various networks, did their interviews online or on the phone, and got high paying skilled jobs in STEM.

Germany is looking to open up for skilled immigrants. Same for UK. A few other EU countries are quite open too. These countries accept ALL of your international experience if it is relevant and don't give you an equivalent of the silly "but do you have Canadian experience?".

This is what I was trying to say. Canada is #1 destination for skilled immigrants IF AND ONLY IF there's FSW. Without FSW, Canada is the worst because the job market is small, there aren't enough skilled jobs, pay is usually low, housing is crazy, distance is great, and you gotta pay 100 THOUSAND CAD and waste TWO YEARS on a stupid degree to get a PR in 3 years. Any other path Canada offers other than FSW is just stupid. Much better options out there.
Oh that’s great. Yeah I know some who did get interviews though from German companies while trying from outside. Will check on other European countries too. I guess was always concerned with the LMIA kind of concept in these countries too. But with Germany removing the requirement for looking out for eligible candidates from non EU countries only if those from Germany or other EU countries aren’t available, I guess it should be a decent option to check out at least as a potential plan B.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Oh that’s great. Yeah I know some who did get interviews though from German companies while trying from outside. Will check on other European countries too. I guess was always concerned with the LMIA kind of concept in these countries too. But with Germany removing the requirement for looking out for eligible candidates from non EU countries only if those from Germany or other EU countries aren’t available, I guess it should be a decent option to check out at least as a potential plan B.
I ask myself which one I'd rather do; learn French that I'll never even care to speak but only to boost my CRS after JT fucks up FSW next year, or learn German or another EU language that I'll actually use in my daily and professional life which opens doors to me. The moment JT touches FSW and fucks it up, Canadian immigration becomes nothing but a shitty deal.

Reactions: purohitab

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
A friend of mine moved there a few months ago and he really likes it so far. He's a software developer, already had an EU passport, and his company transferred him, so it was easy for him. But he says English is common and good. Might be worth a look.
Yeah I think for EU passport holders it has generally been easier. But this rule from Germany introduced last year treating EU and non EU candidates equally as far as opportunities are concerned seems quite interesting. Have just been trying to explore potential options for plan B. Will read up about Netherlands and other options in Europe as well.

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
I ask myself which one I'd rather do; learn French that I'll never even care to speak but only to boost my CRS after JT fucks up FSW next year, or learn German or another EU language that I'll actually use in my daily and professional life which opens doors to me. The moment JT touches FSW and fucks it up, Canadian immigration becomes nothing but a shitty deal.
Oh hey now you don't want to overqualify yourself under JT and MMs watch. There is no place in their society for 'skill' supremacy. That's discriminatory;)

D

Deleted member 1050918

Oh hey now you don't want to overqualify yourself under JT and MMs watch. There is no place in their society for 'skill' supremacy. That's discriminatory;)
Canada needs no skill. I won't go into detail but let me tell you that I've heard these exact words with my own ears from renowned Canadian engineers who've been in the workforce for decades (old ass people). FSW was the only dealmaker but with FSW gone, Canada can only be my last option.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I'm all for hating on Canada's recent policies, but learning French won't be useless. It can get you to France, Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg. So if you think German will be valuable, so will French.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I'm all for hating on Canada's recent policies, but learning French won't be useless. It can get you to France, Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg. So if you think German will be valuable, so will French.
True but I meant French would be useless for me in Canada because I'm not interested in living or working in QC at all. But yes, one could immigrate to other French speaking countries.

Reactions: Badgirloma

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
Saskatchewan & Quebec did PNP draws yesterday. Im so jealous lol
I haven't been around long enough to know for sure, but I think I read somewhere that PNP draws usually have a maximum CRS cutoff because they figure candidates with high CRS will go the regular EE route.