+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Words mean things.

If the Conservatives had been in power during a global pandemic of the magnitude we just faced, and needed to ensure immigration levels didn't drop off a cliff to at least continue to ensure some semblance of economic growth, they would have done something just as radical. You can moan all you want about it, thinking the grass is greener on the other side, but reality is a bitch.
Um, name another >2 world country that looked into mass immigration to boost their economy during the pandemic?

I agree to a certain degree w/ your point re conservatives as they would have been on the left side of the political spectrum (isn't CAN Cons sort of equivalent to US dem party?) in other western countries and the current body of IRCC would have just been as bureaucratic had it been under another govt. But still Cons would have valued meritocracy instead of merely filling the numbers. It's unrealistic to even consider the idea of having immigration save the economy. Any researches / numbers showing the huge success of mass CEC draws? I'd love to give them a read.

Reactions: Lc4life

raamin

May 14, 2020
Hi Everyone,

One of my friends has a FSW-inland application submitted last December. Eligibility passed and criminality under process for months and the file is in Ottawa. He is now eligible for CEC and wants to submit another application for next draw. Does anyone know if he needs to cancel the other application? Is it even ok if someone has two application in process at the same time? I know that the button to submit your information in order to add your name to draw is no longer available since he has already accepted one invite and has an application in process. Does anyone know what should happen now? Does he need to create a new express entry account?

I personally think it should be fine and the only problem is probably with having two profile in the pool at same time which is not the case here. It would be really great if someone could share their experience with me.

Thanks.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Words mean things.

If the Conservatives had been in power during a global pandemic of the magnitude we just faced, and needed to ensure immigration levels didn't drop off a cliff to at least continue to ensure some semblance of economic growth, they would have done something just as radical. You can moan all you want about it, thinking the grass is greener on the other side, but reality is a bitch.
Preach, Pastor!

Reactions: EscoBlades
D

Deleted member 1006777

Leveraging on immigration to fill labour shortages is straight up FSW.
Have you been asleep or something? The entire argument here is that they don't need fsw because they can easily meet their skilled immigration numbers through TR to PR and CEC pathways. And popular opinion seems to be that immigration numbers are already too high, so it'll be even easier to meet the quotas with just the canada based pathways.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
It's unrealistic to even consider the idea of having immigration save the economy.
Canada's approach to immigration has, for the longest time, been twofold.
  • To offset the aging population (Canadian life expectancy continues to rise, and Canadians are having less children, well below the 2:1 replacement rate required for population growth. You need a young population to replace retiring workers, otherwise you will have fewer working-age people to contribute to the workforce and economy...)
  • To bolster economic growth

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Umm asking people who applied already to reapply is canceling only right ?
Apparently it is for those who want their applications to be processed on an urgent basis as they can’t dig through the old applications and sort by priority.

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Canada's approach to immigration has, for the longest time, been twofold.
  • To offset the aging population (Canadian life expectancy continues to rise, and Canadians are having less children, well below the 2:1 replacement rate required for population growth. You need a young population to replace retiring workers, otherwise you will have fewer working-age people to contribute to the workforce and economy...)
  • To bolster economic growth
Please don't just nitpick about my one sentence...I was meant to say "under the pandemic".

I'm going to read on the long term effect of immigration of course (looks like the numbers have been skyrocketing since 1990s according to stats) but it's obvious these figures are unattainable in the past 2 years and CAN govt is shooting themselves in the foot.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_impact_of_immigration_to_Canada well I'm halfway thru the intro and it's already sounding unfavorable lmao

Ak1664

Star Member
Jun 25, 2021
If you don’t intend to travel to Canada right now
There’s nothing else you need to do. Your application will remain in the queue for processing.

For your information.
Apparently it is for those who want their applications to be processed on an urgent basis as they can’t dig through the old applications and sort by priority.
Do you think they'd do this to fsw too?