+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
i just went through it, thanks for your reply. Question is how easy is it to get a job in Canada while in Nigeria? I honestly can’t lie I’m feeling a bit despondent but I don’t want to talk about FSW until the 15th. If there’s no draw on the 15th I’m out. I’ll seriously start looking at other options. Europe, school, job offer. Whatever
Even if you get ITA on 15th, how about the crazy wait time? Lots of people got their AOR in April and haven't received MEP/BIL till this moment. If IRCC wants to continue issuing draws and at the same time deal with the backlogs, they have to double the numbers of their current staffs.

Personally, I think it's time they process all applications in full capacity. That's going to be a good start.

Yesterday during the debate, a guy in Quebec asked the candidates how they intend to deal with the enormous labour shortages across the country as it's preventing them from taking contracts and all, they all said they will continue to leverage on skilled immigration and trainings. The amount of CECs they've given PR in recent months should have dealt with that a bit, except that, those CECs have jobs and aren't exactly dealing with those shortages. I wonder if it's still about the numbers for MM right about now. Smh

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
400000 invites are total. EE invites are unbounded by 100K. Conservatives will not allow 27K cec to happen with CRS dropping to 75. That is ridiculous. With mendicino there are already two record breaking events: tr to pr, which doesn’t belong in any immigration category; 27K cec. I’m not surprised if he creates more chaos. (Here I don’t want to talk about EE reform how they can add massive points for inland candidates)
I have been struggling to wrap my head around the activities of MM since the beginning of the pandemic last year. It seems they lost the focus of why we are called "skilled immigrants". Businesses are already struggling with these terrible decision and I could say that they aren't even feeling the effect of what's been going on yet, until 2-3years time. Because many people will still leave Canada to the US after becoming citizens. Too many gaps incoming.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I'm in a similar position as you, and unfortunately it's true. Data analysts are a dime a dozen. Unless you get into core software dev or ML engineering, you're going to have a tough time even getting responses from Canadian employers. I'm currently trying to do the same thing given that I'm LMIA exempt, and it's still pretty much impossible. Good luck though, you may get lucky. You just need to be at the right place at the right time.

To be completely honest, I don't think FSW is coming back and I'm already exploring other options that don't require me to waste 100k. I have a lot of friends in the US which is why Canada is still my first choice. Otherwise, I'd have started something to get myself to europe a long time ago.
Getting rid of FSW is suicidal lol. You need to watch the debate tonight. They can never get rid of FSW. Not now at least.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
That's perfectly fair. We have to live our lives, and can't be expected to wait in perpetuity. What other viable options do you have right now? :)

Also, consider the fact that FSW may not have resumed because they don't want to add more apps to the already huge backlog pile of FSW apps to be processed.
Your last paragraph is solid. People that got AOR since April haven't gotten MEP/BIL till now. That's some 5months. I can't start to imagine the actual backlogs right now.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Getting rid of FSW is suicidal lol. You need to watch the debate tonight. They can never get rid of FSW. Not now at least.
What does the debate have to do with FSW? I can guarantee nobody will once mention FSW.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Conservatives will not allow 27K cec to happen with CRS dropping to 75. That is ridiculous.
Words mean things.

If the Conservatives had been in power during a global pandemic of the magnitude we just faced, and needed to ensure immigration levels didn't drop off a cliff to at least continue to ensure some semblance of economic growth, they would have done something just as radical. You can moan all you want about it, thinking the grass is greener on the other side, but reality is a bitch.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Have you seen some? People talk about seeing these cases but I really see none. Would you share where you see such cases, please?
Those are phantom PPRs being issued to the applicants living in Atlantis