+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
Hey everyone! Newbie here as well. Been following the thread for a few days. I have been in the pool for about two months with CRS 476.

Like most peeps here, I've been waiting for FSW draws to resume but a few days ago was pleasantly surprised by an NOI from Alberta. I had done zero research on the provincial nominee program because I really wasn't expecting to be invited. But now that I have been, I am quite conflicted.

On the one hand, I really want to live in Ontario (I am finishing up my MBA right now and want to work in consulting), but on the other, I wonder if letting this go would be unwise with all the uncertainty surrounding future draws.

Would love to get your opinion here, and happy to share more about my background. Cheers and keep the faith!

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hey everyone! Newbie here as well. Been following the thread for a few days. I have been in the pool for about two months with CRS 476.

Like most peeps here, I've been waiting for FSW draws to resume but a few days ago was pleasantly surprised by an NOI from Alberta. I had done zero research on the provincial nominee program because I really wasn't expecting to be invited. But now that I have been, I am quite conflicted.

On the one hand, I really want to live in Ontario (I am finishing up my MBA right now and want to work in consulting), but on the other, I wonder if letting this go would be unwise with all the uncertainty surrounding future draws.

Would love to get your opinion here, and happy to share more about my background. Cheers and keep the faith!
What is your NOC code? Just grab that nomination :)

Reactions: guelphite

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Primary NOC is 2132 but I also have experience in 0601. Haha, I am really tempted but heard that you need to come up with a real solid reason to move out of the province that originally nominated you.
Nope. After a year you can show that you have tried to live there and for example you got a great opportunity to get a job somewhere else.

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
Nope. After a year you can show that you have tried to live there and for example you got a great opportunity to get a job somewhere else.
Ah, got it. That makes me feel better! I tried looking this up on IRCC's official resources but not much there, really.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Primary NOC is 2132 but I also have experience in 0601. Haha, I am really tempted but heard that you need to come up with a real solid reason to move out of the province that originally nominated you.
You only have to stay for about two years. You aren't confined to the province for life.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020

Congratulations.
How long do you have to give them a response?
I think you should hold on to it for now and see what happens from tomorrow till month end.

Reactions: canadaorbust1
D

Deleted member 1050918

Actually, I read every page. Kangaroo stopped because he got a provincial nomination. So that is a completely different case. NEXT!
What do you expect: waiting for something to happen for 9 months and without negativity ??
Ohhhh nice, I have missed this :) congratulation @ImpatientKangaroo :)
Thanks but I haven't received a nomination yet; just the NOI. I've recently applied. So the wait begins. I was gone collecting the documents.

I hadn't even realized there was no CEC draw last Thursday until the weekend. In 2021 there was one CEC on a Friday and one CEC on a Monday. The megadraw was on a Saturday. It's crazy how they skipped a CEC draw. Whats interesting is they didn't skip PNP. But it's actually not that weird because PNP draws go into a quota promised to provinces by the federal government so that they can fulfil their specific needs. CEC is as general as FSW is and serves no specific need so maybe that's IRCC's reasoning. Now I wouldn't expect a mega CEC draw because why? Why decrease CEC ITAs for months then conduct a mega draw? However a mega all program draw is more likely and that would invite high-scoring CECs too, win-win for IRCC if they still care about inviting qualified immigrants.

Big week ahead bois. There will definitely be a non-PNP draw this week but will it be a CEC or an FSW? We'll see. Don't forget about the debates too.

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
You only have to stay for about two years. You aren't confined to the province for life.
Haha, I don't want to sound like I am complaining or being ungrateful, but at this point at my career, two years is still pretty taxing on the overall trajectory. Anyway, I am sure I will find something if I put in enough legwork. :)

canadaorbust1

Star Member
Sep 2, 2021
Congratulations.
How long do you have to give them a response?
I think you should hold on to it for now and see what happens from tomorrow till month end.
Thank you. I got the invite on August 30 and only have two weeks to give them my answer. So until Sept. 13. Do you reckon we can expect any groundbreaking news before then?

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Thank you. I got the invite on August 30 and only have two weeks to give them my answer. So until Sept. 13. Do you reckon we can expect any groundbreaking news before then?
With the way things are now just take it. Obligation of a provincial nominee is a very gray area. I have no idea how they enforce it. I have not heard of anyone being penalized for not honoring the PNP agreement.

Reactions: canadaorbust1