Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Political motives/ not , Atleast some good is happening out of it. We should atleast be happy for the fraction of the people who are moving to a safer place from a very hostile environment.
These western nations are rich today because they looted and plundered and enslaved the whole world and people forget about this reality. What was the US and Canada and the whole of Europe doing in Afghanistan in the first place? They bombed the shit out of the country, spent trillions on the war to push the country further back into pre historic times but let's praise their benevolence as they are helping some people to relocate. It's easy to speak from the position of power, easy to do charity, and show how generous you are when you are rich.
All these people taking high moral ground because they are already Canada PR or don't have any desire/hopes of moving to Canada.

PS. this post isn't aimed specifically at you. Just pointing out the hypocrisy which I'm quite used to now.

silvermist123

Aug 22, 2021
These western nations are rich today because they looted and plundered and enslaved the whole world and people forget about this reality. What was the US and Canada and the whole of Europe doing in Afghanistan in the first place? They bombed the shit out of the country, spent trillions on the war to push the country further back into pre historic times but let's praise their benevolence as they are helping some people to relocate. It's easy to speak from the position of power, easy to do charity, and show how generous you are when you are rich.
All these people taking high moral ground because they are already Canada PR or don't have any desire/hopes of moving to Canada.

PS. this post isn't aimed specifically at you. Just pointing out the hypocrisy which I'm quite used to now.
PS. this post is specifically for you. You don't have to generalize people as such, Those were my opinion and you can point it out to me. I have been patiently and impatiently been waiting for dis PR thing for almost a year now and if I have to wait for 1-2 months so that some people who are in dire need of help can be helped in some form, then am gladly willing to wait, as long as IRCC can give me some/ any form of clarity on our applications. And for this -All these people taking high moral ground because they are already Canada PR or don't have any desire/hopes of moving to Canada, I havn't got any PR yet and I still have desires just like any of you to move to Canada and I am not rich either.

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
https://irb.gc.ca/en/news/2021/Pages/measures-processing-files-afghan-nationals.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1QCfmV0WOVwbSHGb6NDq284CMsh486SZiyZ32djoMSZzs9LBo23iRWA8s

Measures for processing of files for Afghan nationals
The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) is aware of and monitoring the rapid changes in the political and security situation in Afghanistan. The Board is currently taking measures to expedite the resolution of all existing files relating to individuals from Afghanistan, across each of its divisions.
  • All refugee claims from Afghanistan are being actively examined by the Refugee Protection Division's Task Force on Less Complex Claims.
  • All refugee appeals from Afghanistan before the Refugee Appeal Division are now with or are being actively assigned to members for review.
  • All admissibility hearings and immigration appeals related to Afghanistan are being actively scheduled before the Immigration Division and the Immigration Appeal Division respectively.
Given that the total number of files from Afghanistan represent a small proportion of the Board's overall inventory, these measures will not impact the processing of files from other countries.
Anyone believing they have a matter that should be expedited under these measures should contact the respective registry.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
PS. this post is specifically for you. You don't have to generalize people as such, Those were my opinion and you can point it out to me. I have been patiently and impatiently been waiting for dis PR thing for almost a year now and if I have to wait for 1-2 months so that some people who are in dire need of help can be helped in some form, then am gladly willing to wait, as long as IRCC can give me some/ any form of clarity on our applications. And for this -All these people taking high moral ground because they are already Canada PR or don't have any desire/hopes of moving to Canada, I havn't got any PR yet and I still have desires just like any of you to move to Canada and I am not rich either.
As I said, my post wasn't aimed at you and not everyone is a hypocrite. If you care about the plight of those poor Afghans then good for you. I hope you stay consistent with your sympathies for anyone who's repressed anywhere in the world.
As for the Canadian government, they don't have any moral leg to stand on and this is all just a big political gimmick to show the world how progressive they are.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
After waiting for 23 months and not seeing PPR and not even a single-liner update from IRCC, I can't take it anymore. If they again gonna extend the travel restriction I am out of here. I will definitely give up this journey for good. This can't get any more stressful than this. I need peace and I can't have it when everything is on hold like this for so long. There is a limit to everything and it seems they'll be crossing it if they extend the restriction again. After this 7th September, I won't have even an inch of excitement to settle in a country like this anymore.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
After waiting for 23 months and not seeing PPR and not even a single-liner update from IRCC, I can't take it anymore. If they again gonna extend the travel restriction I am out of here. I will definitely give up this journey for good. This can't get any more stressful than this. I need peace and I can't have it when everything is on hold like this for so long. There is a limit to everything and it seems they'll be crossing it if they extend the restriction again. After this 7th September, I won't have even an inch of excitement to settle in a country like this anymore.
23 months! Damn. Patience sure has an expiry date. Abysmal from IRCC

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Political motives/ not , Atleast some good is happening out of it. We should atleast be happy for the fraction of the people who are moving to a safer place from a very hostile environment.
Same people giving info to the Talibans from France?
What’s going to stop them from imposing their laws in Canada too?
It’s not the people that need to change their location, it’s the mindset.

Reactions: Jaycejay

silvermist123

Aug 22, 2021
You are in the final lapse of your journey and giving up in this stage, on something that you dearly wanted wouldn't make you happy either. Let's hope for a positive update in the coming month.

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Almost 2years? Did you have an RR or interview? Wow,that’s a long time to wait for a decision and Covid isn’t a suitable excuse in this case.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Said this before and will say this again, if IRCC continues to hold back pprs after 7 september then people should just give up on immigrating to Canada unless you want to continue being humiliated by them. This wait wouldn’t be so bad if we weren’t forced to maintain the POF amount in the banks and there were timelines and some kind of plans for cleaning up the backlog

Last edited:

silvermist123

Aug 22, 2021
Same people giving info to the Talibans from France?
What’s going to stop them from imposing their laws in Canada too?
It’s not the people that need to change their location, it’s the mindset.
Ya..it's the mindset that needs to be changed but how easy it is ?? And also not every Afghan refugee has links with the Taliban.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Ya..it's the mindset that needs to be changed but how easy it is ?? And also not every Afghan refugee has links with the Taliban.
Imagine if the trillions of dollars that were spent on the war were instead spent on educating the people to develop their mindset and modernizing their country. There would be no refugee crisis today.

Reactions: Tristan-XI