+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

Not always. The "transformer" setup learns how to "transform". If you get a new pfl or decision, you can project it in its "embedding space" without need to retrain the entire network. And given how stupid canadian immigration laws are, we may just get away with a GPT2.
Correct. I believe you are talking about warm-starting retraining. With how large ChatGPT, warm-start will still take money to update it. I am not talking about retraining it from ground 0; I am talking about talking it's 1.3 billion parameters (or how many are out there). Is it possible? Hell yeah. But it's expensive AF.

The biggest problem with PFLs is that recent law decisions can be crucial in responding. In order to get those latest cases and write responses with the latest information, it's important to always keep the model up to date. Thus, see my first paragraph.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Correct. I believe you are talking about warm-starting retraining. With how large ChatGPT, warm-start will still take money to update it. I am not talking about retraining it from ground 0; I am talking about talking it's 1.3 billion parameters (or how many are out there). Is it possible? Hell yeah. But it's expensive AF.
Not really. You take a trained network but put your own data for decoding part. That is not too expensive. If everyone has to retrain or even domain-adapt the network, it will break the usefulness of the model for most customers except the ones with a lot of money.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Not really. You take a trained network but put your own data for decoding part. That is not too expensive. If everyone has to retrain or even domain-adapt the network, it will break the usefulness of the model for most customers except the ones with a lot of money.
I am arguing in Russian on Russian forum about some laws in Russia and then switch a tab and I have a conversation talking about ChatGPT to respond to PFL loool.

Anyways, I haven't seen ChatGPT to be used in any serious domains yet. If I start seeing that it's actually being used, I will take a look at it's architecture. IMO, in order for it to be useful in law, it needs to be updated. I assume "decoding" part means that one updates only the last layers. If so, then I can see it being useful in PFLs.

To be honest, I think that analyzing work experience letters to match NOC/TEER is much more useful use case for NLP. It's less risky -> more people will try it, it is easier to get it right (and faster) -> shorter time to market.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
To be honest, I think that analyzing work experience letters to match NOC/TEER is much more useful use case for NLP. It's less risky -> more people will try it, it is easier to get it right (and faster) -> shorter time to market.
That part is actually pretty easy.

That part requires distance metric learning. Train an embedding space in which samples of work experience letter from different NOCs are farther and same or similar NOC are nearer. Its how one way face recognition at scale works. I actual worked in a team that created a model to learn different vulgar and hate signs (gang signs, hate symbols etc) to pick-out images that may be illegal in some countries to even show. This is really how we did it. We trained it once and adding more signs was easy. Just project more samples and store their embeddings. Then we used FAISS do a fast similarity search.

I believe even a word2vec embedding will give you a good starting point for distance metric learning.

Ofcourse getting the dataset ready in first place was harder.

D

Deleted member 1083629

That part is actually pretty easy.

That part requires distance metric learning. Train an embedding space in which samples of work experience letter from different NOCs are farther and same or similar NOC are nearer. Its how one way face recognition at scale works. I actual worked in a team that created a model to learn different vulgar and hate signs (gang signs, hate symbols etc) to pick-out images that may be illegal in some countries to even show. This is really how we did it. We trained it once and adding more signs was easy. Just project more samples and store their embeddings. Then we used FAISS do a fast similarity search.

I believe even a word2vec embedding will give you a good starting point for distance metric learning.
Yup. More or less. I have built a simple NLP model but the hard part is always data. I got some letters from this forum and fed it in but to properly train it I would need more data. That's where ChatGPT can really shine; it's already trained and doesn't need new data to perform. Need to test it out this weekend to see how it works.

Damn it. Now I got all excited about coding and I won't be able to fall asleep lmaaao.

Reactions: feanor13

ASingh360

Jan 31, 2023
I updated my job role as a Senior executive Title for foreign work experience whilst applying for a study permit back in 2020. Roles and duties are in accordance with NOC code B 6313. In my experience letter provided by the office, the Title is mentioned as team coach. No change in the duties. Can I upload this experience letter to count my experience or will it have any problem with regard to misrepresentation? Please suggest.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I updated my job role as a Senior executive Title for foreign work experience whilst applying for a study permit back in 2020. Roles and duties are in accordance with NOC code B 6313. In my experience letter provided by the office, the Title is mentioned as team coach. No change in the duties. Can I upload this experience letter to count my experience or will it have any problem with regard to misrepresentation? Please suggest.
No problem
Designations and title does not matter since there's no standardisation across companies / countries.

Hope it's clear

D

Deleted member 1083629

Doesn't tech have alot of remote opportunites?
It's slowly going back to 2019. Yes, there are remote opportunities but they are few. Employers are pushing hybrid with 2-4 times in the office. Unfortunately, no one really cares about the rest when there is money involved and there is a lot of money involved with tech. companies occupying many offices. That's why I am a little skeptical when someone suggests not to move to Toronto or GTA or anything close to Toronto. The jobs are here and you are majorly limiting yourself by targeting remote only positions. It sucks but it is what it is.

Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #239– February 1, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Provincial Nominee Program

Number of invitations issued:
893Footnote *

Rank required to be invited to apply: 893 or above

Date and time of round: February 01, 2023, at 16:05:57 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 733

Tie-breaking rule: December 09, 2022, at 10:49:57 UTC

• Wow
Reactions: vkamath