+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes, you're right. I currently am unemployed and living with parents who support me financially. So this top up of funds will be from them only. Are you saying that the visa officer might have problems with it in this case?
Difficult to say but seems like you have no other option anyways. Ideally, you should not have touched the original amount if you need another gift deed now for that $2K ..

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
All right folks, hit me with some positive things about Toronto. So far the discussions are depressing.

I will start - Picturesque fields just outside of Scarborough. Access to farms and fresh produce. Access to you name it grocery items.
The most Canadian thing to do is to complain about how awful things are in Canada. Every immigrant will do the same thing after living over here for a few years. In reality, there’s no such thing as a perfect country. Every country has its own strengths and weaknesses. It’s up to the individual to decide what they value the most. For me personally, apart from the food and social life of my home country, India, there’s nothing that would make me go back. Canada is a million times better. I used to think the TTC was bad before visiting and using the NYC subway. The NYC subway, despite being situated in the richest city in the world and having the most amount of stations, the TTC is about a hundred times better in terms of frequency and cleanliness. Some of the subway stations in NYC are god awful and smell like shit. You would never get the impression that it’s the richest city in the world after visiting it. After seeing how run down and poor some of the cities and areas in New Jersey looked, I had a newfound appreciation for the run down areas of Canada. They are heaven in comparison. I realized that the west and specifically, the US is romanticized on television. Reality is far from what’s portrayed on television. I have a newfound appreciation of Canada after travelling to other places.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
All right folks, hit me with some positive things about Toronto. So far the discussions are depressing.

I will start - Picturesque fields just outside of Scarborough. Access to farms and fresh produce. Access to you name it grocery items.
I didn't visit many places but went to Indigo - Yonge and Eglinton bookstore once, it was big, beautifully decorated and overall was a great experience, liked it very much. The crowd was large too.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
DTES / Newton in bad times is BAD but TTC pushing-someone-on-rail-track-bad is a new level. DTES is generally bad and Newton and some parts of Surrey are deadly if you are in the wrong company mostly. The shootings and murders are mostly limited to gang activity.
This is the case with most diverse big cities, I guess you never been to New York subway, stabbings and people getting pushed in won't make the back page. Only exception I can think of is Japan perhaps and only because I don't know too much about it.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
This is the case with most diverse big cities, I guess you never been to New York subway, stabbings and people getting pushed in won't make the back page. Only exception I can think of is Japan perhaps and only because I don't know too much about it.
I have lived in B'lore/Mumbai/Hyderabad/Delhi (all have metro rails) and India can get really scary, especially for women. But NYC and now Toronto are TOO scary. Heck SF trains are spooky as hell. Pushing people on track is really scary.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have lived in B'lore/Mumbai/Hyderabad/Delhi (all have metro rails) and India can get really scary, especially for women. But NYC and now Toronto are TOO scary. Heck SF trains are spooky as hell. Pushing people on track is really scary.
fair point, asian countries in general don't have this issue. Mainly western

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
@MajorGrom

I was just thinking... How about we have a ChatGPT like bot to generate PFL response? Late, JRs. I mean darned lawyers make 8000 CDN for what is essentially 50 dollar submission. Will be fun right?

D

Deleted member 1083629

@MajorGrom

I was just thinking... How about we have a ChatGPT like bot to generate PFL response? Late, JRs. I mean darned lawyers make 8000 CDN for what is essentially 50 dollar submission. Will be fun right?
Of course, it will be fun. The biggest problem is that we need data from actual lawyers to see how they respond to PFLs. Don't forget that weekly there are new court cases that have an effect on how lawyers work. ChatGPT was trained on the data from 2021. No one has money to retrain that monster.

But I agree; it's a fun project.

D

Deleted member 1083629

I like the vibe. It's one of those cities that you cannot get bored in. Like art? There you go; 5 different exhibitions. Like sports? There you go: Raptors and Leafs and Jays and some football team. Same goes for food.

D

Deleted member 1083629

The most Canadian thing to do is to complain about how awful things are in Canada. Every immigrant will do the same thing after living over here for a few years. In reality, there’s no such thing as a perfect country. Every country has its own strengths and weaknesses. It’s up to the individual to decide what they value the most. For me personally, apart from the food and social life of my home country, India, there’s nothing that would make me go back. Canada is a million times better. I used to think the TTC was bad before visiting and using the NYC subway. The NYC subway, despite being situated in the richest city in the world and having the most amount of stations, the TTC is about a hundred times better in terms of frequency and cleanliness. Some of the subway stations in NYC are god awful and smell like shit. You would never get the impression that it’s the richest city in the world after visiting it. After seeing how run down and poor some of the cities and areas in New Jersey looked, I had a newfound appreciation for the run down areas of Canada. They are heaven in comparison. I realized that the west and specifically, the US is romanticized on television. Reality is far from what’s portrayed on television. I have a newfound appreciation of Canada after travelling to other places.
Coming from Moscow, I can talk so much shit about TTC lool. Anyone who visited/lived in Moscow, look at TTC like it's a pre-historic animal. Just google "Moscow Pushkinskaya subway". I am not even talking about the fact that the subway covers pretty much entire Moscow and Moscow regions.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Of course, it will be fun. The biggest problem is that we need data from actual lawyers to see how they respond to PFLs. Don't forget that weekly there are new court cases that have an effect on how lawyers work. ChatGPT was trained on the data from 2021. No one has money to retrain that monster.

But I agree; it's a fun project.
All courtcases are public data. Most of them will have pfl as exhibits.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Toronto : Constant reminder that you could have been living in Boston.

D

Deleted member 1083629

All courtcases are public data. Most of them will have pfl as exhibits.
Yes. I am not saying they are not. I am saying that for any AI model to give you up-to-date results, it needs to be retrained. Who will retrain ChatGPT?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yes. I am not saying they are not. I am saying that for any AI model to give you up-to-date results, it needs to be retrained. Who will retrain ChatGPT?
Not always. The "transformer" setup learns how to "transform". If you get a new pfl or decision, you can project it in its "embedding space" without need to retrain the entire network. And given how stupid canadian immigration laws are, we may just get away with a GPT2.

Heck I have even thought a name for that network too. DeepTHROAT or SUCKNet. Given how it sucks to deal with canadian immigration system.