+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1083629

Anyways if you are travelling in TTC, its unlikely you will be taking a gun along
That's exactly where I need a gun. If police doesn't/cannot do much, then it's up to citizens to protect themselves.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That's exactly where I need a gun. If police doesn't/cannot do much, then it's up to citizens to protect themselves.
Thats true you need it, but will your destination allow you to have a gun on your person when you arrive there? Like a movie theatre or a School or a University or a Workplace?

I believe in such a situation the only option left is to have your own vehicle.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Roughly $700 for an year worth of comprehensive insurance in Saudi Arabia, which was still on the higher side of things.
Wish me luck for not getting stabbed or murdered on a TTC commute for a couple months. :D
The key is to have an appearance that is crazier than the aggressors. In this situation, they will not dare approach/interact you as they want weak and feeble targets

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi all. Just received an email asking for updated proof of funds. Initial Proof of Funds doc that was submitted along with the application was done through gift deed from parernts. However, since then, i have used some funds for general expenses and am currently shy by around 2000 CAD. To comply, I will be transferring the necessary funds required to be above the minimum limit now from parents before submitting updated POF. Do i need to again do that via gift deed or is a normal transfer sufficient?
My guess is that they are concerned the money you showed as initial proof wasn't even yours to begin with (gift deed from parents). Unfortunately, you have used a fair amount of it as well. Where will the $2k top up be coming from? if it's from your own account/investment/earnings (with proof) then you'll probably be fine. If money is coming from someone else again (e.g gift), that might just raise the officer's suspicion even more. It seems like you don't really have the money personally?

D

Deleted member 1083629

I see that your time in the US has made youa full on NRA supporter, welcome to the club. I dream of owning an AR-15 one day myself.
I am against massive ownership of guns as it leads to other issues. However, what is happening in Toronto right now makes me feel threatened. I see homeless people with mental issues DAILY; some just stand there and yell in the air, while others look like they are ready to attach. I am not concerned for myself; 15 years of kickboxing + couple years of sambo + international competitions will help me. However, I am worried about my wife that won't be able to protect herself. For her to take Uber every day (sometimes twice a day) is quite expensive for our budget and it will be more expensive IF new tax will be introduced. At this moment, mayor of Toronto is not doing his job.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Thats true you need it, but will your destination allow you to have a gun on your person when you arrive there? Like a movie theatre or a School or a University or a Workplace?

I believe in such a situation the only option left is to have your own vehicle.
Makes sense. Personally, the only option I see for myself is to move cities. Mayor is not doing much, the situation will get worse, gun ownership won't happen. Toronto is slowly getting more dangerous than Moscow; at least in Moscow, I knew where NOT to go. I cannot stop mental people from getting on streetcars.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Makes sense. Personally, the only option I see for myself is to move cities. Mayor is not doing much, the situation will get worse, gun ownership won't happen. Toronto is slowly getting more dangerous than Moscow; at least in Moscow, I knew where NOT to go. I cannot stop mental people from getting on streetcars.
Thats always there. When we first moved to Vancouver, we unknowingly strolled into whats called as DTES. DownTown East Side of Vancouver. Its a druggie, homeless hood of Vancouver and its hard to say where does Vancouver transitions into DTES. Since then we have learnt to avoid it.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You sound like an Alberta person, I urge you to visit.

• Haha
Reactions: wonderbly

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I see that your time in the US has made youa full on NRA supporter, welcome to the club. I dream of owning an AR-15 one day myself.
Tightly regulated weapon ownership is not bad. That being said, people do not have to do the work of law enforcement agencies.

D

Deleted member 994371

I am against massive ownership of guns as it leads to other issues. However, what is happening in Toronto right now makes me feel threatened. I see homeless people with mental issues DAILY; some just stand there and yell in the air, while others look like they are ready to attach. I am not concerned for myself; 15 years of kickboxing + couple years of sambo + international competitions will help me. However, I am worried about my wife that won't be able to protect herself. For her to take Uber every day (sometimes twice a day) is quite expensive for our budget and it will be more expensive IF new tax will be introduced. At this moment, mayor of Toronto is not doing his job.

If you think Toronto has a homeless problem, try visiting Vancouver downtown. The things I saw have been etched in my memory now. Made me question the definition of third-world countries.

The things you will see there make Toronto look like a utopia.

Last edited by a moderator:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If you think Toronto has a homeless problem, try visiting Vancouver downtown. The things I saw have been etched in my memory now. Made me question the definition of third-world countries.

DTES / Newton in bad times is BAD but TTC pushing-someone-on-rail-track-bad is a new level. DTES is generally bad and Newton and some parts of Surrey are deadly if you are in the wrong company mostly. The shootings and murders are mostly limited to gang activity.

Last edited:

bill.s.preston

Jul 22, 2020
My guess is that they are concerned the money you showed as initial proof wasn't even yours to begin with (gift deed from parents). Unfortunately, you have used a fair amount of it as well. Where will the $2k top up be coming from? if it's from your own account/investment/earnings (with proof) then you'll probably be fine. If money is coming from someone else again (e.g gift), that might just raise the officer's suspicion even more. It seems like you don't really have the money personally?
Yes, you're right. I currently am unemployed and living with parents who support me financially. So this top up of funds will be from them only. Are you saying that the visa officer might have problems with it in this case?

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
All right folks, hit me with some positive things about Toronto. So far the discussions are depressing.

I will start - Picturesque fields just outside of Scarborough. Access to farms and fresh produce. Access to you name it grocery items.

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018

I think homeless situation in LA / San Fran / Seattle is probably worse than Vancouver.