+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If there is a draw tomorrow (a big if), it can be anything but all program. Even an FST. There hasn’t been one for 2 years.
I see no reason for cec
Why would they want to conduct cec
Before , it was for covid
Now what can be their excuse?!
p.s they mentioned earlier in summer that there not gonna be specific draws for canadian work experience class
I guess Sean fraser said this

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It's better comparable to other jobs but def. not 2020-2022. Here is a wild thought that I have read online and it makes sense to me; there is no recession that pushed tech. companies to layoff so many people and put hiring freezes. Microsoft just dumped 10 billion bucks into AI project. The real reason behind layoffs is that employees started demanding right to work remotely. The companies who refused that were overlooked and they had to accept the terms, which resulted in many real estate companies losing their profits. Now, with the super tight market and very high percentage of layoffs, companies get an upper hand again. Hiring will start again but now companies will push people for hybrid and on-site work. And unemployed people won't say no. Once the market corrects itself, all of us will accept the fact that to get a job, hybrid and on-site are norm. Remote will turn into "bonus" perk; same as ping-pong tables and catered lunches. Pretty much how it was in 2019.
There is a much much much simpler explanation. Tech sector boomed a lot during pandemic and it is now correcting/corrected. So tech-lords are now not as flush with money and they are laying off to make wall st happy again.
I mean think about it, tech sector is one sector which has seen massive growth without revenue and profitability. So yeah it has a typical bubble and house of cards feel to it. It grows on hype and corrects again on hype.

If I ever met you folks in person, we will share the kind of stupidities that I have seen in hiring just 8-9 months back. And I am mostly desensitized to stupidity. These folks, the "tech-lords" are worse than a 5 year old in front of a XBox.

To be honest, out right ownership of workplace is not as common in tech sector and remote work can be both a boon or a bane for different outfits. Lastly, "hybrid" is a thing more prevelent in Canada because Canadian tech jobs are more likely to be IT jobs of a business. Now it is hard to justify that Singh the Stupid Accountant needs to be in the office but Subbu the fat Software guy can work from home. Hybrid is the middle path to meet.

Now technically, I am also "hybrid" in the sense, I have to go to Vancouver every now and then to attend some kind of meetup etc. I do not mind. Boss pays me helicopter fare and I am A-okay with it. Perk is victoria to vancouver helicopter ride is scenic. Its 50 minutes journey by helicopter, door to door for me. So yeah, hybrid job, here I come! If they want me to come to seattle, I will take seaplane. Fun ride and cheapest too!

If you have to attend meetings every three weeks for instance, I doubt you will mind that kind of hybrid. Live a small hop away from the big toronto or boston. Attend the meeting once a month and let the HR call your job hybrid.

Last edited:

lotusss

Jun 22, 2020
I see no reason for cec only for now even though I hope there will be as I'm close to it, but that would be the best-case scenario, most likely it could be another suspension before noc based draw just like what they did in the past to only maintain pnp draws

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I see no reason for cec only for now even though I hope there will be as I'm close to it, but that would be the base-case scenario, most likely it could be another suspension before noc based draw just like what they did in the past to only maintain pnp draws
There is never going to be CEC only draw unless next world crisis is literally a zombie apocalypse.

Liesta

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
If tomorrow’s draw is gonna be all program, then the draw today is pointless cuz they have no reason not to put two draws into one.
That’s what l told others too. If they are gonna hold a FSW tomorrow the same people selected today would have made it anyway.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I see no reason for cec only for now even though I hope there will be as I'm close to it, but that would be the base-case scenario, most likely it could be another suspension before noc based draw just like what they did in the past to only maintain pnp draws
There is a growing rhetoric these days especially in the media that half a million immigrants per year are only adding to the housing crisis which is already bad so maybe IRCC is switching to in Canada applicants only, who knows. On top of this, the NOC based draws are also supposed to target in Canada applicants only.

D

Deleted member 1083629

Tech sector boomed a lot during pandemic and it is now correcting/corrected. So tech-lords are now not as flush with money and they are laying off to make wall st happy again.
I mean think about it, tech sector is one sector which has seen massive growth without revenue and profitability. So yeah it has a typical bubble and house of cards feel to it. It grows on hype and corrects again on hype.
Sure. Trimming a fat has always been a case. However, firing on such a massive scale is a little more than correcting the workforce.

Now it is hard to justify that Singh the Stupid Accountant needs to be in the office but Subbu the fat Software guy can work from home. Hybrid is the middle path to meet.
Why not give them both a chance to work from home? 95% of jobs can be done remotely. Singh doesn't need to be in the office to crunch numbers. Push them both to remote, sublease a large office and get a smaller WeWork place instead.

If you have to attend meetings every three weeks for instance, I doubt you will mind that kind of hybrid. Live a small hop away from the big toronto or boston. Attend the meeting once a month and let the HR call your job hybrid.
Correct. However, this is not how it usually goes. Hybrid implies that frequent visits to the office per week. Something that you described is remote-first culture.

D

Deleted member 1083629

There is a growing rhetoric these days especially in the media that half a million immigrants per year are only adding to the housing crisis which is already bad so maybe IRCC is switching to in Canada applicants only, who knows. On top of this, the NOC based draws are also supposed to target in Canada applicants only.
It's not like housing market will be corrected with CEC only lol. There are bunch of students that show up every year; there is also target numbers that if summed result in 500K people per year. Having CEC only for couple of draws won't correct the market. It's a bigger and deeper issue and unfortunately, there is no way out of it for now.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Why not give them both a chance to work from home? 95% of jobs can be done remotely. Singh doesn't need to be in the office to crunch numbers. Push them both to remote, sublease a large office and get a smaller WeWork place instead.
Well, different "lines of business" have different attitudes towards remote working. IT and Tech has seen it a lot occasionally with "WFH today" messages. Accounting? They have not. So they feel, how can people work from home. At some point its pure ego. "How can he work from home while we all warmed the office seats EVERY GOD DAMNED DAY!".

Lots of policy decisions are just that: Small people stoking their massive egos.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If that brings back the remote work and FAANG start hiring again, I say I am ready for some zombies lol
Be careful what you wish for :)

Brought to you by Pfizer and Moderna~

• Haha

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
However, firing on such a massive scale is a little more than correcting the workforce.
You know, the stocks of Tech in 2021 went up by as much as 100-200%. They hired people in similar proportions. At one point of time in early 2022, they were running out of people to screen!

By that count these layoffs have been pretty mild.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I see no reason for cec only for now even though I hope there will be as I'm close to it, but that would be the best-case scenario, most likely it could be another suspension before noc based draw just like what they did in the past to only maintain pnp draws
Thats still scary
The best scenario can be FST