Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yeah beacause I'm too stupid to understand that the Canadian housing market is one of the most inflated in the world. I'm super short sighted and never do any background research on the places I plan to move to. Good god, people like you are annoying.

I'm aware of the issues canada has as a country. My problem however, is with IRCC. No need to loop me into your frustrations.
The troubles in Canada are seldom what you expect. They are... what you do not expect. Sample :

My kid is running a fever of 102 F. I can not for love of god find Paracetamol. ANY FUKKEN WHERE. Compounding pharmacy can not help and there are rumors of quality issues in their forumlations. Do you know what Canadians are doing? They take a day travel to USA!!!!!111!!1121 Ofcourse for you it is hard because either you do not have a US visa and new one will take a year to materialize OR like in my case .... you do not have a PR Fukken Card! So you can not take a ferry from local terminal to Port Angles like everyone else.

Finally you bite the bullet, you travel to Vancouver (they also do not have paracetamol btw). You rent a car and drive to USA buy Child Advil or Tynol from the 7/11 or gas station and drive back while cursing Truedoe to be a total tool.

Now it did not happen with me exactly like this, thankfully but I know people who have seen this or a variant of this.

No amount of research will prepare you for things like this.

Belcome to Canada.

Imagine... NOT finding fukken antipyratic or analgesic for kids in the stores! ANY FUKKEN WHERE FROM BC TO ONTARIO!

Yeah! People had to resort to smuggling it from USA. You know next year, when there is stomach bug season, you will do this all over again... this time for Gravol syrup (I kid you not!).

Canada has a major major major supply chain problem.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 994371

The troubles in Canada are seldom what you expect. They are... what you do not expect. Sample :

My kid is running a fever of 102 F. I can not for love of god find Paracetamol. ANY FUKKEN WHERE. Compounding pharmacy can not help and there are rumors of quality issues in their forumlations. Do you know what Canadians are doing? They take a day travel to USA!!!!!111!!1121 Ofcourse for you it is hard because either you do not have a US visa and new one will take a year to materialize OR like in my case .... you do not have a PR Fukken Card! So you can not take a ferry from local terminal to Port Angles like everyone else.

Finally you bite the bullet, you travel to Vancouver (they also do not have paracetamol btw). You rent a car and drive to USA buy Child Advil or Tynol from the 7/11 or gas station and drive back while cursing Truedoe to be a total tool.

Now it did not happen with me exactly like this, thankfully but I know people who have seen this or a variant of this.

Belcome to Canada.

Imagine... NOT finding fukken antipyratic or analgesic for kids in the stores! ANY FUKKEN WHERE FROM BC TO ONTARIO!

Yeah! People had to resort to smuggling it from USA. You know next year, when there is stomach bug season, you will do this all over again... this time for Gravol syrup (I kid you not!).

My friends adviced me to smuggle medicines for common ailments for up to a year because Canada doesn't have a functioning health care system.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Belcome to Canada.

Is this a post COVID issue, or is it a chronic issue with no solution in sight?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Is this a post COVID issue, or is it a chronic issue with no solution in sight?
Its as Canadian as Maple Syrup. Covid made it worse but it has existed for very long.

Canada tore down its pharma industry in 70s-80s or so. Now they import everything from .... somewhere. Some things are made in small quantities in Burnaby.

Want me to really blow your mind? Canadian drug research produces products that are more likely to be available in India than in Canada.

Wanna know more? Canada was pioneer in vaccines. They make nothing or very few now. Canada invested in a new plant for COVID vaccine. It is not expected to produce any doses till 2025.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Its as Canadian as Maple Syrup. Covid made it worse but it has existed for very long.

Canada tore down its pharma industry in 70s-80s or so. Now they import everything from .... somewhere. Some things are made in small quantities in Burnaby.

Want me to really blow your mind? Canadian drug research produces products that are more likely to be available in India than in Canada.

Wanna know more? Canada was pioneer in vaccines. They make nothing or very few now. Canada invested in a new plant for COVID vaccine. It is not expected to produce any doses till 2025.
Damn, that's sad. But what about Americans trying to smuggle insulin from Canada?

And yeah I'm aware of the vaccine stuff. The whole Connaught Labs stuff. I know it's super trendy to hate on Trudeau, and a lot of it is justified, but this was the conservatives' doing under Mulroney. And the new plant for the COVID vaccine (and hopefully future production in general) is because of Trudeau. Like him or not, gotta give credit where it's due.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Another episode of "Fun in Canada" series!

You put down freaken million dollars a buy a house (FINALLY!). You feel you have arrived right? You have put your fukken rooster roots in the land! YOOO HOOO!

What happens next is a face palm from hell!

While buying, you took most of the standard precautions. You checked for line of credit or structural defects in the place. Paid hundreds of dollars to ensure that the place is not a remake of Money Pit (starring Tom Hanks, no less!). You are worried about presence of asbestos in the house and you ask permission from the sellers to test. The seller says "NO!". You decide to walk away but you realtor jumps in... He goes to the city hall and gets engineering drawings etc and proves to you that the house was totally rebuilt from the frame in 1990s and no way in the fukken hell can the place have asbestos. You think about it a bit. You do not take anyone's word at face value. You go and look into the matter yourself. Inspection says no vermeculite in attic and only glass wool... hmmm.. on less trouble. The windows look very much a 90s windows. You check Canadian government sources, they say any house built or rebuilt in 90s are SAFE from most of the pollutants. You ask your friend -- he says "Dude you are crazy! Rab Rakha ji! Rab Rakha!" Okay. Finally you bite the bullet... Buy the damn place...

But then you can not get the doubt out of your head and pay 1000 dollars for a hazardous material survey. Your realtor was right on money... the place has NO asbestos. You are happy. Except..... THE FUKKEN PLACE HAS LEAD PAINT!!! AGHR!! Okay you curse a little shout a lot. Try to find why they do not check for it in buying process? Then it dawns on you.... Canada is WORSE than USA in lead safety! Their testing laws only protects workers and NOT residents really. Meaning unless you want to really demolish or renovate your house bigly, you are NOT needed to do a hazardous material survey! A lot of Canadian are happily living with massive amount of lead paint in their house! Another fun thing... they suck at testing technology. My lead paint testing vendor needs to take chips of paint and SEND IT TO USA for testing!! LOL!

Meanwhile in USA they use a hand held scanner to test the lead paint in 5-10 seconds. There is NO FUKKEN SINGLE vendor that does same in BC. Atleast not for residential customers.

According to Canadian government houses built in 90s should not have lead paint but.... well.

Fun does not stop here. Products to remedy lead safely are SIMPLY NOT that easily available in Canada!

This fun situation is .... to be continued.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
And yeah I'm aware of the vaccine stuff. The whole Connaught Labs stuff. I know it's super trendy to hate on Trudeau, and a lot of it is justified, but this was the conservatives' doing under Mulroney. And the new plant for the COVID vaccine (and hopefully future production in general) is because of Trudeau. Like him or not, gotta give credit where it's due.
I do not blame true-dough for tear down of pharma but bloody hell! They cann't get a vaccine plant ready in 3 years? thats some ... weird stuff. It cann't be that hard, right? Heck Indian government repurposed some old plants into producing vaccines in India.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I do not blame true-dough for tear down of pharma but bloody hell! They cann't get a vaccine plant ready in 3 years? thats some ... weird stuff. It cann't be that hard, right? Heck Indian government repurposed some old plants into producing vaccines in India.
That's pretty standard. Takes a long time to set up vaccine production. would rather have it done right than rush it and screw up later.

India has had vaccine production capability for decades. It's far far easier to repurpose for a different vaccine than to set up production from scratch

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
That's pretty standard. Takes a long time to set up vaccine production. would rather have it done right than rush it and screw up later.

India has had vaccine production capability for decades. It's far far easier to repurpose for a different vaccine than to set up production from scratch
There is a difference between India and Canada. Canada they need to produce for 40 million people. It is 1400 million and more in India. I believe the speed at which USA and UK setup their mRNA plants is something really commendable. Remember, mRNA was brand new technology with very little past experience. Its requirements were also more stringent.
Canada could have done that but then, it always feels as if the government here has a thing against manufacturing.

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Holy hell, I underestimated how bad of an immigrant hell hole Toronto is.
Couples living in basements, 4 couples or even 5 in one house sometimes. 4-5 people living in a 1 Bedroom apartment in downtown. 3 Students shoved in in a tiny ass room. This is like UAE but much much worse. I have been to labor camps in Saudi Arabia that were better than some accommodation options here in Toronto.

Unfortunately, I will only be adding to this problem. Can't wait to move out of Toronto.

Liking Canada, Hate Toronto.
Happy New Year Everyone!