+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Holy hell, I underestimated how bad of an immigrant hell hole Toronto is.
Couples living in basements, 4 couples or even 5 in one house sometimes. 4-5 people living in a 1 Bedroom apartment in downtown. 3 Students shoved in in a tiny ass room. This is like UAE but much much worse. I have been to labor camps in Saudi Arabia that were better than some accommodation options here in Toronto.

Unfortunately, I will only be adding to this problem. Can't wait to move out of Toronto.

Liking Canada, Hate Toronto.
Happy New Year Everyone!
I on the other hand am moving to Toronto since I got a job here now but yeah, it’s impossible for students. 1 room in a shared apartment is now 1k, and a shared room is like 600$. Windsor was nice, you can get a small bungalow for 250k or a smaller house for 450k-600k, but it’s a city to go to if you are settling down with family. There isn’t much to do for a single adult and it’s so far from Toronto.

Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
I don’t think Canada ever said it’s perfect. Every country has the good and bad. Also by the way Toronto has a lot of opportunities despite its cost which cheaper places like Winnipeg don’t. So always weigh everything in your decisions.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I on the other hand am moving to Toronto since I got a job here now but yeah, it’s impossible for students. 1 room in a shared apartment is now 1k, and a shared room is like 600$. Windsor was nice, you can get a small bungalow for 250k or a smaller house for 450k-600k, but it’s a city to go to if you are settling down with family. There isn’t much to do for a single adult and it’s so far from Toronto.
My experience of observing other lovebirds tells me; dating in Canada is a luxury. Canadian immigration should tell us immigrants that Canada is strictly BYOB -- Bring Your Own Buddy.
That way you can claim more points, you can have two incomes and you will save money on stupid timmy dates that lead to no where.

Oh and you can live happily in most boring cities of Canada while listening to trippy 80s songs.

One of these days we will make a web series about Canada called "Snow-White Mirror". It will show how happy immigrants are and how happy immigrants are.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Holy hell, I underestimated how bad of an immigrant hell hole Toronto is.
Couples living in basements, 4 couples or even 5 in one house sometimes. 4-5 people living in a 1 Bedroom apartment in downtown. 3 Students shoved in in a tiny ass room. This is like UAE but much much worse. I have been to labor camps in Saudi Arabia that were better than some accommodation options here in Toronto.

Unfortunately, I will only be adding to this problem. Can't wait to move out of Toronto.

Liking Canada, Hate Toronto.
Happy New Year Everyone!
There is a saying my good friend. Canada is actually only Toronto... rest of the cities are to confuse you.

PS: I will recommend moving out of toronto as well. Its shit show.

Reactions: imransyed
D

Deleted member 994371

There is a saying my good friend. Canada is actually only Toronto... rest of the cities are to confuse you.

PS: I will recommend moving out of toronto as well. Its shit show.
I'd like to ask you if you have an opinion on Montreal. Have you ever been?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Never been there. I know enough french to get myself in trouble and not enough to get myself out.

One of my good friend tells me that it is better place to live because it is not as expensive. If you can manage the language that is. He bought 2 condos there as investment property. To me, well, I doubt I will fit in there.

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
One word : NO!

Take a look at any immigration form from IRCC.. Education history is never limited to 10 years.

Your PR form is also not radically different from this. They do not limit education done in last 10 years, UNLIKE work experience.
Hello!

For education history, the form asks to list the highest level of post-secondary education obtained. Isn't that enough?

Could you please explain what you mean by education not being limited to last 10 years? Thank you so much.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Beautiful city, very walkable, but French is very important especially in the working world, so you need to know it in your professional life.

Much less expensive than Toronto as well.

You also have to be careful because there are quite a few micro aggressions happening against people of colour. Nothing that will escalate to anything significant, but there is this general feeling of you're unwelcome.

Girls are gorgeous though, and surprisingly openminded.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Could you please explain what you mean by education not being limited to last 10 years? Thank you so much.
It was an answer to someone who asked if education history is limited to 10 year and they felt that they may have poor chance due to an older degree from 2013 or so.
I merely noted that unlike employment, highest education does not have a expiry date around 10 years.

Reactions: Economist9